Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As yet don’t know why the van had Alberta plates either. It’s not totally out of the realm that it just wasn’t a big deal to either party. It was not being transported illegally across borders, it wasn’t intended to be involved in illegal arms trade and the two weren’t setting off on a murder spree. They were heading to the remote north country only for a brief, leisurely vacation.
JMO

ETA
If it’s true the rear van window was broken out from the inside, what else would explain how that could’ve possibly occurred?

That is the question.."if it is true"? From the crime scene photos posted on earlier threads I feel there would have been more glass visible on the ground and on the back bumper if it was in fact broken from the inside. JMO

Last edited:
May I ask where you are getting that he was seen there?
The Texan was not seen at the van. Some guy was seen at the van on the highway. But there is no fact or report that it was the texan.
The Texans photo does look like the sketch. But that's all the public knows.

This is how peoples assumptions, theories, and ideasand fiction get all mixed together with facts.
And the news media doesn't help that either because they twist words around.

And that is why I said it would be crazy if it was him. I didn't say it was him.

Yeah, sorry. It's just the way you had worded it. I took "He was seen" as the man from Texas was seen there.

ETA: And I clearly wasn't the only one who read it that way. Good to know my exhaustion isn't effecting me toooooo much.

People keep coming back to why the original victims stayed along the highway with the broken down van. There’s a very good chance that no matter where they were, the van would be where they slept. That’s one advantage of these old vans. They are one if the least expensive ways to travel because they are cheap to buy and you can sleep comfortably in them.

That is the question.."if it is true"? From the crime scence photos posted on earlier threads I feel there would have been more glass visible on the ground and on the back bumper if it was in fact broken from the inside. JMO

Good point. But I wonder why the road worker/paramedic would’ve offered the specific detail of the back window being broken from the inside out if there wasn’t enough glass on the ground for him to be certain. Of course he might’ve been just plain wrong....or he could’ve been right, no way of knowing at this point in time.

In the interview with the man that helped pull them out of the mud, he says that he told them to "back off " away from the vehicle incase the tow chain snapped. He said Bryer immediately walked away from the vehicle and Kam got in to steer it. I think that's another dominant sign from Kam. I'm thinking Kam did most of the driving. I know that Bryer's father said he cant drive/doesn't have a license. But it seems unlikely that only one of them would be driving all that time and they made such distance fairly quickly.
jmo!

ADMIN WARNING:

Next member who decides to insult another member, whether it be about guns or nationality or whatever, will be permanently banned from this thread.

FYI, gun control discussion is not allowed at Websleuths. It goes nowhere but downhill and is a social justice issue that will not be resolved through discussion here.

Good point. But I wonder why the road worker/paramedic stated the back window was broken from the inside out if there wasn’t enough glass for him to be certain. Of course he might’ve been wrong....or he could’ve been right, no way of knowing at this point in time.
And depending on how the window was broke would also determined where the pieces of glass would have landed. If somebody went up to the window and smashed it with their hand with a rock or something similar then some glass would be on the outside as well as on the inside.
Well in the photo there is some glass on the outside of the van we have no idea how much glass was on the inside. And was it not speculation on the part of the highway worker man who had secured the scene that it looked like it was from the inside out? But the police have not shared the details of that so we really don't know if it was broken from the inside out or the outside in.

It’d be crazy if the Texas guy was in the jeep and actually did the shooting. He was seen there at 11:30 pm on July 14th. What are the chances the boys passed by after that?

Could it be a local in the jeep and he's mad that people camp along the highways up there?

Maybe he also came across the boy’s truck while they were fishing or something on the evening of Thursday July 18th and lights it on fire.

He also comes across the instructor, runs him over, and for whatever reason loads him up, and dumps him at a highway pullout away from his vehicle.

The boys come back to their burnt truck and camper thinking Kam’s parents are going to kill them (I suspect it’s theirs). They start walking out and come across the Rav4. Thinking they’re already in trouble for the burnt truck they take off in it.

They might only think they’ve stolen a vehicle. That’s why they are polite with the guy who pulls them out and they tell him their real names. IMO, they don’t seem to be up to anything in the coop. They seem to be just looking around. They also seem to say goodbye to the worker in the red shirt as they leave.

They make it through the check spot for alcohol and ask the store clerk about it. Figuring they are going to have to pass through again if they drive out they carry on up the road and burn the Rav4 so their fingerprints etc are destroyed.

When I read this I took the line about Kam's parents going to kill them too literally and thought, "what? Now they are suspected killers too??" then I got what you meant, haha.

There is no evidence that confirms the guy who was seen was actually the Texas guy - although he does look similar, so yes it would be crazy.

I posted a theory (so many theories, I know) that maybe someone else was responsible for the murder of the couple using a gun and perhaps these two were only responsible for killing Len OR maybe Len died of natural causes and it was considered "suspicious" because of the fact that his vehicle was stolen. And yes, maybe they are on the run thinking they're in trouble for a stolen vehicle and they then tried to burn it to hide any evidence of it. Maybe they decided to hitchhike after that.

Other comments from a remote area Canadian on what people have been saying here:

-I don't know anyone who owns a gun who isn't into hunting. It would be difficult for two video gaming kids to obtain a gun unless their families were into hunting. It is not easy to obtain guns in Canada and not common... except for the hunting.

-The two kids being spotted at the dump is very suspicious, especially if one was wearing camo. It seems like a big coincidence but there must be some reason RCMP are leaving the area or as others have said perhaps they're not really leaving. Maybe they suspect a local is helping them and hiding them and by pretending to leave they may lower their guard.

-Someone said it would be strange for two white kids to be on a reserve - not really. There are shades of skin tone in Aboriginal Canadians. Some may be mixed race and have lighter skin, etc.

-Some say it would be difficult for them to survive in the wilderness for days. Well, if they do have a hunting riffel they can be hunting and cooking food over the fire, fishing and living the off-the-grid dream...

Marking my spot and hoping they're found before a new thread.

Mainly I'm worried about people they might encounter.
Please stay safe and alert --anyone who is in the general area that this evil pair is hiding out at.... :(

If their goal is just to leave this earth, I wish they'd 'off' themselves alone, and leave everyone else out of it, including LE.

When I read this I took the line about Kam's parents going to kill them too literally and thought, "what? Now they are suspected killers too??" then I got what you meant, haha.

There is no evidence that confirms the guy who was seen was actually the Texas guy - although he does look similar, so yes it would be crazy.

I posted a theory (so many theories, I know) that maybe someone else was responsible for the murder of the couple using a gun and perhaps these two were only responsible for killing Len OR maybe Len died of natural causes and it was considered "suspicious" because of the fact that his vehicle was stolen. And yes, maybe they are on the run thinking they're in trouble for a stolen vehicle and they then tried to burn it to hide any evidence of it. Maybe they decided to hitchhike after that.

Other comments from a remote area Canadian on what people have been saying here:

-I don't know anyone who owns a gun who isn't into hunting. It would be difficult for two video gaming kids to obtain a gun unless their families were into hunting. It is not easy to obtain guns in Canada and not common... except for the hunting.

-The two kids being spotted at the dump is very suspicious, especially if one was wearing camo. It seems like a big coincidence but there must be some reason RCMP are leaving the area or as others have said perhaps they're not really leaving. Maybe they suspect a local is helping them and hiding them and by pretending to leave they may lower their guard.

-Someone said it would be strange for two white kids to be on a reserve - not really. There are shades of skin tone in Aboriginal Canadians. Some may be mixed race and have lighter skin, etc.

-Some say it would be difficult for them to survive in the wilderness for days. Well, if they do have a hunting riffel they can be hunting and cooking food over the fire, fishing and living the off-the-grid dream...

I don't expect they would be starting any fires to cook with though.
That would draw A lot of attention to themselves and I think they would have been found by now if they were.

The two strongest leads as to the possible whereabouts of two teens accused of the Canadian highway triple murders have both reached dead-ends as the fugitives enter their second week on the run.
Despite dozens of officers, sniffer dogs and drones combing the remote towns — about 90km apart and 1000km north of the provincial capital of Winnipeg — there was no trace found of the pair and police said they were “unable to substantiate the tip”.
Dead-ends in hunt for murder suspects

I am asking why you are relating to the man from Texas.
There was a man seen possibly arguing with the couple. There has been nothing stating this was the man who came from Texas.
True, however I was surprised at the resemblance. I even questioned if the perhaps the road supervisor (witness) was thinking about the Texas fugitive when composite drafted. MOO

Wow!!! I just don't get that at all.
It might help you to go back and listen to the Press Briefing (2nd one - one that had the cat ears filter on FB which was posted on this thread last night and is on you tube) and the very precise and carefully chosen language used by RCMP.

Its actually stunning to go back and listen to the 2nd and 3rd Press Briefings again and think about what was being said by the RCMP and giving consideration to how the words used would be processed by the traveling public and local residents in terms of decisions they made to travel in the area.

For my money I think these 2 RCMP Press Briefings will be studied in great detail and used as examples of how NOT to handle a public safety announcement of a violent crime. Would the Professor have been taking a nap in his vehicle if he had known about the potential of 2 gun toting individuals coming upon him? We will never know unfortunately.

People rely on LE for safety advice and if you can't trust local LE to give you a 'heads up' on the risks of traveling in an area then I'm not sure who you can trust as a foreigner?

As a non Canadian this entire experience of seeing RCMP in action on a clear public safety issue has been eye opening and sobering. Further, my thoughts on the organization in terms of the quality and the reliability of its travel and safety alerts in particular is something that I don't think I will ever forget. If the RCMP were to made a future statement about the handling of the early communication on the Deese/Fowler case and take responsbility then my thoughts might change.

IMO in the early days of the case the RCMP appeared fixated on precise victim ID and notification of next of kin and public safety was totally a backseat issue until questions were raised by the press and the Aussie announcement was made global. The second Press Briefing makes clear that RCMP didn't think that public safety was a concern. I really wonder how public safety would NOT be a consideration if gun casings were found and the scene and the victims bodies showed the obvious results of bullet wounds. It took the RCMP over 5 days to classify the crime as being related to 'gun violence'.

Just read this one....

"The York Landing tip included information that the two people sighted were wearing the same clothing — Schmegelsky in a camouflage jacket and McLeod in a blue T-shirt — that they were pictured in on CCTV footage from a hardware store in Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan."

Wasn't it stated before that Kam was seen in a grey t-shirt? I remember reading that and being confused because of the video with him wearing a blue one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734