CANADA Canada - Madison Scott, 20, Vanderhoof, BC, 27 May 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> ... No word from police so this family aren't official POI's. According to TOS here on WS we aren't allowed to name them or sleuth them. That is why mods are deleting posts. It's not about 'what locals know'. We have to be patient. If LE has enough evidence they will arrest them and charge them, or, will at a minimum name them POI's, but so far they haven't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't get to decide who is a POI or suspect.

Please pay attention to Websleuths TOS (aka The Rules)

From The Rules: Etiquette & Information

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed (i.e. Sleuthing out this type of information, and publicly posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public is not allowed and such posts will be removed, along with any posts that encourage such sleuthing).

This does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

Also, please use initials when referring to people other than a victim or a named perp. If initials only are confusing (i.e. Jill Brown and John Benson, members may distinguish by using initial and surname, i.e. J. Brown and J. Benson, or Jill B. and John B.).

If there is something you do not understand about the above policy, do not ask on the public thread. Please use the Report feature to jump off any post to ask and a Mod or Admin will get back to you when they are able.

The supect(s) RCMP probably already have in vision stayed silence for 12 years. This case now seems very solvable to me BUT still can be complicated if the suspect(s) just won't talk and there is no hard-evidence. Fingers crossed they found some useable DNA.

The supect(s) RCMP probably already have in vision stayed silence for 12 years. This case now seems very solvable to me BUT still can be complicated if the suspect(s) just won't talk and there is no hard-evidence. Fingers crossed they found some useable DNA.
Unfortunately, I don't anticipate they will find DNA from the suspect(s). Madison’s remains would be a disarticulated skeleton at this point. While her clothing and personal effects might be co-located with her remains, any touch or transfer DNA from the perp would likely be highly degraded due to environmental exposure after this many years. Other forensic evidence from the suspect is possible, but then again, if one or more of the suspects resides on the property, expect any defense to suggest other ways that it could have become co-located with her remains.

Unfortunately, I don't anticipate they will find DNA from the suspect(s). Madison’s remains would be a disarticulated skeleton at this point. While her clothing and personal effects might be co-located with her remains, any touch or transfer DNA from the perp would likely be highly degraded due to environmental exposure after this many years. Other forensic evidence from the suspect is possible, but then again, if one or more of the suspects resides on the property, expect any defense to suggest other ways that it could have become co-located with her remains.
Yes, it will not be easy. However I read an old article from 2013 where they said:
"If a body is left out in the sun and rain, its DNA will be useful for testing for only a few weeks. If it’s buried a few feet below the ground, the DNA will last about 1,000 to 10,000 years." ( How Long Does DNA Last? )
Not sure if this is the same for any co-located DNA though? The article is 10 years old and the technology has advanced a lot since. But like you said, even if they succeed and get a 'match' the suspect(s) still can say they may had 'physical' contact but that was during the party.....

Next thing I hope they will do is trace the cars/quads they had then and check these with blood & cadaver dogs.
But finding some personal belongings of Maddy like the iphone or the car keys in possesion would be the best.

Somebody knows if they are still searching the property?

Yes, it will not be easy. However I read an old article from 2013 where they said:
"If a body is left out in the sun and rain, its DNA will be useful for testing for only a few weeks. If it’s buried a few feet below the ground, the DNA will last about 1,000 to 10,000 years." ( How Long Does DNA Last? )
Not sure if this is the same for any co-located DNA though? The article is 10 years old and the technology has advanced a lot since. But like you said, even if they succeed and get a 'match' the suspect(s) still can say they may had 'physical' contact but that was during the party.....

Next thing I hope they will do is trace the cars/quads they had then and check these with blood & cadaver dogs.
But finding some personal belongings of Maddy like the iphone or the car keys in possesion would be the best.

Somebody knows if they are still searching the property?
They are still on the property investigating (allegedly). Usually if LE is there this long, it means they found more than they bargained for. Maybe there’s more missing persons remains on that property. The Picton farm was a long search too...

They are still on the property investigating (allegedly). Usually if LE is there this long, it means they found more than they bargained for. Maybe there’s more missing persons remains on that property. The Picton farm was a long search too...
yes, but was Pickton charged before they started searching the property. Concerning that no one has been charged yet.

Whoever did it should man up and speak the truth! do the time! Get it over with! Go to jail and do the right thing. What kind of life can be had living with that kind of lie?

The truth will set you free
I hear you, the Scott family already suffered so much, we can't even imagine..... and I'm afraid this is still far from over.
But the thing is these kind of people have a different moral (if any...) than most people, they don't care, that's why they did this in the first place....

I wonder how a passer-by stumbled upon the remains? Does that mean they were uncovered naturally (assuming they were buried) by weather? Or perhaps were never buried but simply scattered somewhere or placed in a bag? And what passer-by was on somebody else’s rural property? Unless it was a new owner, or friend/relative on the property how often are people ‘passing by’ walking across somebody else’s land??
Well, there could be many reasons - some not so good:
- like wandering around and looking for a nice spot to relieve themselves, noticing something unusual and going to investigate what could it be
and some things just happen:
- someone can get lost while hiking or get their vehicle stuck and going through private properties in hope to reach main road,
- or get in to look for lost animal, chase a dog that got scared by something during hiking,
- sometimes people are just wandering around, taking pictures of nature and see something weird there
and some more.

At least where I live, you generally are not walking private property unless:
a) you're unaware that it is a private property (tourists are doing it all the time),
b) you have what most people in your community would consider a good reason to walk-in (so emergency to cut the distance short, search for lost animal),
c) you've noticed something alarming and possibly urgent so you going to check what's going on, right away
it doesn't happen often but it's pretty normal that sometimes it does.
And it doesn't look like it was happening there often either, cause she was missing for 12 years. Could be a part of property that even owners are not visiting, which is not even that weird with big properties and wooden/bushy areas.

I am assuming that Madison's murder is in a different category than the Hwy of Tears case anyways, all IMO.
But there is no such thing like "Hwy of Tears" case really.
All these missing and murdered women are't connected by anything but this road. Some of them, many of them are, but it's basically 100% sure that it's not a work of one serial killer but many, many more - so it may be connected to SOME other cases. Not all, not majority of them, but some. In a way Maddy's disappearance was very different from majority of the cases that are usually associated with the term, but in other ways it is or may be. Hopefully time will tell us something.
Yeah, that's kinda why I think it might be a local knowing the property. I have never been even close to that part of BC, but from Google Earth it looks like there are several dirt roads that run around/ by the property. Might not be difficult to drive there at night and dump someone/ something without the owners even knowing. After all, I don't think it has been made public where exactly on the property Madison was found.
No need to know the property that well, it may be as little as being there once and knowing-someone-who-knows-the-owner's-habits-well (for example: when they're out of town) - of course that's much less likely than someone who has good excuse to visit such property (visit, drop off or pick up something) but a possibility still.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jgouth
Back