Found Deceased Canada - Mariam Makhniashvili, 17, Toronto, 14 Sept 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Welcome to Kolinskys.com, the official website of David Kolinsky. David is a lawyer based out of Toronto offering premium legal services in a wide range of complicated cases. David works on numerous complicated cases. Some of his matters include representing clients whose children have been abducted to foreign countries and defending persons who have been charged under the new terrorism provisions of the Criminal Code."

Web.

Perhaps insight into what Mariam's father was thinking this is his lawyer I think early on.

Adding: Someone with same name as lawyer Smithville ON. See A. Gleave thread when it goes back up if it does for resident of Smithville who had been inside AG's residence which for Audrey was unusual. That person lives beside and is friend of fraudster involved as fraudulent money grubbing executor they were looked into in some suspicious deaths of elderly. Link from there to A.B. who was instrumental in instigating the (probably phoney) March for Mariam there was FB page etc.

Link in above to criminal motorcycle gang. Remember they sell their exterprise at times. Anyone heard of HA working for Russian org. crime?

Having said that that those two cases were linked seems next to impossible unless Audrey was in WS as has been broached. Or unless they are linked by criminal org. but as separate projects.

Old article Mennonite name (reporter). Thinking of Vakhtang's Anabaptist scholars network.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...iriams-parents-keep-hope-alive/article552431/

OK good day for it obviously I am not privy to the LE info or medical info that would convince me so I can say......I am not sure the remains found are those of Mariam.

I wrote a post of 20 reasons why but deleted it for now probably will just leave it at this unless anyone else has anything.

Just bumping this excellent post which deserves rereading and is still relevant.

I have mixed feelings about the discovery of Mariams remains. On one hand I'm grateful her family now knows what happened to their loved one, on the other it was not the outcome that everyone had hoped for and I'm deeply saddened as I'm sure many are. I'm not really sure that I buy into the suicide aspect at all. Had she wanted to commit suicide there are easier ways of doing it than jumping off a highway overpass after walking for more than an hour to get there. One that comes to mind in downtown Toronto is walking out in front of traffic at any given time, another is going to the subway station and walking out in front of the train. Or she could have simply walked out in front of a vehicle at the point they thinked she jumped.Where she was found is indicative of someone not wanting her to be found right away IMO. And she wasn't found right away. A suicidal person rarely cares where they'll be found much less who finds them. They are so caught up in their own pain. When the topic of suicide first came up in the days after finding the remains, my first thought was what if she was trying to get to the park and a transport struck her but then it was reported that she was alive when she went off the overpass. I wonder how they can arrive at that conclusion with any degree of certainty. I'm thinking that if she was alive when she went over that overpass then someone either threw her or pushed her. I don't believe for a minute she jumped. I'm hoping LE will get to the crux of the matter and not dismiss this as a suicide because Mariam deserves the truth to come out and to just chalk it off to her jumping when she might not have does her memory a grave injustice.
Does anyone wonder why her and her brother remained behind in Georgia for five years whilst the parents lived in LA? It would have been easier to go to the States as a family, much easier for the children to adapt to the English language when they were younger.I'm thinking that the parents wanted to protect the children, from what I'm not sure. I'm thinking whatever it was caught up with them in Canada. It's what caused her father to go over the edge and it's the reason Mariam is no longer with us.

Thanks for re-posting MauveLilac's comments, Chorley. I also have questions about Mariam's case being labelled a suicide. Does anyone know if LE has closed the case (because they have publicly ruled her death a suicide) -- or if they are still investigating? I feel so badly for Mariam's family -- there is no comfort in any of the scenarios. The one certainty I *hope* they have is that she is at peace, now.

But still, there are unanswered questions: how did Mariam get to that overpass and why her backpack was left at Yonge/Eglinton? Also, why police is closing highway to investigate a week after post mortem?

Does anyone have any ideas about the closing of the highway? I can guess:

1. DNA on railing (surely unlikely)

2. more likely a reenactment of some kind to see if she could land where the remains were found from the bridge.

3. This speculative: was there a problem with # 2 above and hence LE went quiet a bit.

4. To my knowledge we (I mean on WS) don't know exactly where she was found I mean the precise spot.

Just to document ...
bbm.
This from 2010..

http://www.680news.com/2010/05/04/toronto-man-charged-in-child-*advertiser censored*-investigation/

"Police said they found a quantity of child *advertiser censored* on a man who was trying to meet an 18-year-old woman he had met online.

Charges were laid following a search of the man’s residence in the Bathurst Street and Eglinton Avenue West area."

and from today..

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/28185

"
On Wednesday, December 11, 2013, members of the TPS Sex Crimes Unit, Child Exploitation Section, executed two search warrants in the Eglinton Avenue East and Mt. Pleasant Road area in connection with a child sexual abuse investigation.

It is alleged that:

- a man was online actively seeking to sexually abuse a child

Jeffrey Marks, 31, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:

1. Make Arrangement to Commit Sexual Assault
2. two counts of Fail to Comply Recognizance
3. two counts of Fail to Comply Probation

He was scheduled to appear in court at College Park, room 501, on Thursday, December 12, 2013, at 10 a.m.

Police believe there may be more victims. Jeffrey Marks has also been known as "Bob Bobbins" or "roughsexhurt@yahoo.com."

A photograph of Jeffrey Marks has been released".

Old article Mennonite name (reporter). Thinking of Vakhtang's Anabaptist scholars network.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...iriams-parents-keep-hope-alive/article552431/

OK good day for it obviously I am not privy to the LE info or medical info that would convince me so I can say......I am not sure the remains found are those of Mariam.

I wrote a post of 20 reasons why but deleted it for now probably will just leave it at this unless anyone else has anything.

Quoting myself and at the risk of sounding like a lunatic (no doubt not for the first time) and keeping it vague for obvious reasons:

1. Necropolis handy just on the other side of the bridge lots of skeletons.

2. DNA comes back super fast just over a week.

3. Don't have post number but Toronto papers run strange articles about people going missing/being found day before Mariam discovered by 'hikers".

4. The hikers never get interviewed it is surely interesting that they found her given the thousands of people that would have traipsed through there in the two years and a bit previous. Why is that not part of the story.

5. Someone involved in recovery of remains (not LE) involved in mysterious controversial gov. case involving DNA - can't say more.

6. Someone involved in backpack find starts bus. in 2009 one of its offers is to do DNA testing of employees. (So I am not suggesting LE corruption but something manufactured beyond that.)

7. Some of the clothes FIRST mentioned in media when remains found don't seem to match Mariam's though I am sure no doubt some of it did. But kidnappers would have her clothes and in fact to some extent her DNA.

8. All the creepy elements of her disappearance, backpack location, patently absurd suicide theory, fact she wasn't found we've been through all that of course.

9. The following is a feeling and I have no absolute proof but sense that the investigation is being managed from above including some, obviously not all media reports. I am thinking especially of the W5 show that was changed after remains found with suicide expert added and Sandy Rinaldo apparently it seems to me upset at what she was hearing. That shows it seems was pulled from online not sure about now.

10. Sorry but I do think someone is keeping an eye on things for example at the golf course and at Yonge Eg. I have no idea why nothing makes sense to me. it certainly doesn't fit a suicide.

For the above to be possible and make sense for sure we would have to be missing lots of info about her family most probably her Dad - possibly (I am not accusing just an idea) that he somehow got involved in something just as likely in US as in Georgia. Maybe even unwittingly just in over his head.

11. Again staying vague is there a "Pussy Riot" element to the case? I have never met Mariam's family and know little about family names in Georgia, their frequency. But e.g. there was an interesting post in early thread where in Georgian media someone with Mariam's Dad's name was mentioned in movement or retreat during the war don't quite remember - and someone with his name was listed as part of a pol. party in Georgia though it that seemed benign enough. So internecine Georgian or Russian.

Not sure how common her Mom's name is but as I have mentioned there is a bridge in Tblisi named after poet with that name (two major poets at least with that name both with tragic histories one a suicide from a Soviet pseudo mental hospital *advertiser censored* prison see Wiki link earlier post one who brilliantly answered when asked who is collaborators were "Pushkin and Lermontov" something wonderful like that.

There is this Wiki article about a failed hijacking one of the hijackers killed Gia Tabidze I STRESS I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE THAT HE IS EVEN DISTANTLY RELATED but my point is......there can't be more than 5 non-Georgian Georgia experts in the West so who they heck knows what could have happened.

Aeroflot Flight 6833 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As crazy as this seems it is less crazy to me than what we are told happened or likely happened.

Something that would fit the whole thing IMO would be a Pussy Riot element (so to speak) and some direction from gov to LE to lay off it - for reasons unknown.

(Yes I was reading some suspense/mysteries over the holiday but just Simenon very weak if enjoyable stuff!)

Just so it doesn't seem I am being too hard on the Russians with little proof (I am mostly a Russophile) there is also the link of Claremont College where VM taught to Soros Res Republica etc. (and here we are really going through the looking glass so knows where that would lead).

Just to document ...
bbm.
This from 2010..

http://www.680news.com/2010/05/04/toronto-man-charged-in-child-*advertiser censored*-investigation/

"Police said they found a quantity of child *advertiser censored* on a man who was trying to meet an 18-year-old woman he had met online.

Charges were laid following a search of the man’s residence in the Bathurst Street and Eglinton Avenue West area."

and from today..

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/28185

"
On Wednesday, December 11, 2013, members of the TPS Sex Crimes Unit, Child Exploitation Section, executed two search warrants in the Eglinton Avenue East and Mt. Pleasant Road area in connection with a child sexual abuse investigation.

It is alleged that:

- a man was online actively seeking to sexually abuse a child

Jeffrey Marks, 31, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:

1. Make Arrangement to Commit Sexual Assault
2. two counts of Fail to Comply Recognizance
3. two counts of Fail to Comply Probation

He was scheduled to appear in court at College Park, room 501, on Thursday, December 12, 2013, at 10 a.m.

Police believe there may be more victims. Jeffrey Marks has also been known as "Bob Bobbins" or "roughsexhurt@yahoo.com."

A photograph of Jeffrey Marks has been released".

Anyone know how tall this guy JM is? He roughly matches the guy I saw at 120 Eg who strangely asked me if I wanted a cigarette. But I believe that guy was younger under 25 perhaps - still wish I had talked to him. Hyper nervous guy. But polite and not to look at having this guy's absurd cachet or moniker rough sex hurts etc.

Thanks for re-posting MauveLilac's comments, Chorley. I also have questions about Mariam's case being labelled a suicide. Does anyone know if LE has closed the case (because they have publicly ruled her death a suicide) -- or if they are still investigating? I feel so badly for Mariam's family -- there is no comfort in any of the scenarios. The one certainty I *hope* they have is that she is at peace, now.

I don't think they closed it but I don't know. With all that goes on in Toronto and all that has gone on I can't imagine it could be any kind of priority unless someone was allowed to take it on in their own time. I don't think they have huge resources for anything going too far into the past. I notice that cold cases that are brought forward usually are DNA cases or cases where someone comes forward after publicity with REALLY good info - as in they know exactly what happened. Biggest bang for the limited bucks I think.

I know Joe Warmington of the Sun (it was he who was adamant on TV that Mclean et al would continue to dig into the case) was open to doing an update on Mariam's case but I haven't seen anything.

http://www.cp24.com/more/let-s-talk...cide-attempts-by-students-last-year-1.1659841

"Last Updated Tuesday, January 28, 2014 4:49PM EST

The Toronto District School Board is aware of about 700 suicide attempts made by students in the last school year and Director of Education Donna Quan admits the number may even be higher than that.

Quan revealed the alarming statistic to reporters following a news conference to announce a new mental health strategy Tuesday morning, saying the number should be a “concern” for educators across the board.

“It makes me feel awful and that is why we are taking a bold stance that healthy schools and healthy relationships matter,” Quan said. “There is not one member on staff that would be OK with hearing this and not one parent.”

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/more/let-s-talk...by-students-last-year-1.1659841#ixzz2roE629Hq

http://www.cp24.com/more/let-s-talk...cide-attempts-by-students-last-year-1.1659841

"Last Updated Tuesday, January 28, 2014 4:49PM EST

The Toronto District School Board is aware of about 700 suicide attempts made by students in the last school year and Director of Education Donna Quan admits the number may even be higher than that.

Quan revealed the alarming statistic to reporters following a news conference to announce a new mental health strategy Tuesday morning, saying the number should be a “concern” for educators across the board.

“It makes me feel awful and that is why we are taking a bold stance that healthy schools and healthy relationships matter,” Quan said. “There is not one member on staff that would be OK with hearing this and not one parent.”

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/more/let-s-talk...by-students-last-year-1.1659841#ixzz2roE629Hq

Dotr actually your post has made me think. This is another reason to doubt the idea M. committed suicide. Lots of girls I believe do not succeed in committing suicide they have more attempts than boys and men but less often manage to kill themselves. So how would Mariam suddenly ruthlessly be able to kill herself at that bridge. Very far-fetched.

I slightly believe the story about the woman in her apt. seeing her distraught on the floor of their elevator. Possible.

The only thing that would make sense to me re Mariam and suicide would be if she was related to the poet Galaktion who jumped to his death from a Soviet hospital/prison and for whom there is a bridge named after in Tbliisi Georgia. If it penetrated her somehow as a myth or legend. But I doubt it very very much. "For" the suicide theory there is the interesting fact (I believe) that there is a bus from Chaplin behind her school that goes right to York Mills station near the site she was found. Probably no cameras if she left her brother walked past the entrance down the hill to Chaplin and took the bus.

"For" the suicide theory there is the interesting fact (I believe) that there is a bus from Chaplin behind her school that goes right to York Mills station near the site she was found. Probably no cameras if she left her brother walked past the entrance down the hill to Chaplin and took the bus.

Just wondering what is that bus? I know that bus 14 goes to Davesville station in one direction and to Glancairn in other direction. I am just curious...

Just wondering what is that bus? I know that bus 14 goes to Davesville station in one direction and to Glancairn in other direction. I am just curious...

Sorry I do not know the answer to your question, just wanted to say how weird, but nice that I was thinking of you literally 10 minutes ago and here you are!
Nice to "see" you!

Sorry I do not know the answer to your question, just wanted to say how weird, but nice that I was thinking of you literally 10 minutes ago and here you are!
Nice to "see" you!

I think of Mariam often. I cannot imagine that she walked to that overpass and jumped. Although people say anything and everything is possible, but I feel something different happened. It is too bad that "police think she took her own life" as I read in one of the articles.

I think of Mariam often. I cannot imagine that she walked to that overpass and jumped. Although people say anything and everything is possible, but I feel something different happened. It is too bad that "police think she took her own life" as I read in one of the articles.

I totally agree. I believe someone in her family knows what really happened.

Jmo

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

There is nothing to suggest otherwise, so why would they not come to that determination?

There is nothing to suggest otherwise, so why would they not come to that determination?

Yes, true, but the possibility of her taking her own life is just as plausible as otherwise. There is no evidence to support the theory that she committed suicide as well as there is no evidence that someone else took her life. So, why would we jump to the conclusion that it was a suicide in absence of evidence of foul play. There is someone out there who knows what happened to Mariam. We need that person to come forward.

Nice to "see" you!

Sorry I think may be wrong about the bus route. In any case of course it is not hard to get to York Mills. Not that I think that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme