Found Deceased Canada - Mariam Makhniashvili, 17, Toronto, 14 Sept 2009 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think an ugly incident like this may have occurred?

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/12/08/3-teens-charged-after-brampton-girl-bullied-on-video-2/

"In the video a young girl is being both physically and verbally bullied by two other girls. The voice of a male can also be heard in the background. The young girl is then robbed of her cellphone.

On Monday, police said that the incident occurred on Oct. 24 and that an investigation led to the arrest of three minors on Oct. 29. Two 17-year-old girls and a 17-year-old boy were each charged with robbery. Their identities cannot be revealed due to the Youth Criminal Justice Act."

There was another incident on Mayfair Ave. around the time of Mariam's disappearance. It was probably September 16 of 17, as I recall. I walked down Mayfair Ave., it was, as I remember Wednesday or Thursday that week ( MM disappearance was not yet in the news..Sept 14 was Monday).. So, as I walked on Mayfair Ave, I noticed ambulance. I asked a girl on the street what happened. She told me that someone pushed one girl on the pavement and she injured herself. At that time I was alerted that there was posting on the street pole about Mariam ( picture with the scarf ). That girl told me about her disappearance and how awful all that was... I could never confirm that there was a police report about that incident...

I find your death so odd and strange, I dont think you did it, I think maybe some people were bothering your family, possibly prompting your father to be so strange... something must have been going on. people just arent following the clues right it seems. your case, it seems they are just trying to push it under the rug, for whatever reason like they do with all the missing native womens cases... instead of the police doing the work to solve the case, they find it easier to just rule it out as a suicide...

Post by Thewap Karen in "In memory of Mariam Makhniashvilli" page on Facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Memory-of-Mariam-Makhniashvili/291180130951148

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2015/01/05/mariam_makhniashvilis_father_seeks_to_be_deported.html

Vakhtang Makhniashvili, 54, says he’d like to be returned to his homeland, the Republic of Georgia, once he finishes serving his prison sentence of four years and 11 months for three non-fatal stabbing attacks.

“It is worth mentioning … that I have been asking for the deportation since 2012,” Makhniashvili wrote in a letter to the Parole Board of Canada dated Dec. 25...

His letter was written to appeal the parole board’s recent decision to deny him full parole... “Your continual denial to admit you suffer from delusional thinking places you at risk to society without supervision,” the board panel wrote.

I was wondering while I was reading this article:

1. If Mr. VM was delusional, why he was not NCR-ed and allowed psychiatric care?
2. Why is parole board so concerned about his mental state, while they release to the community others who acted erratically and they continue to act that way anyway. Is it because he is an immigrant?
3. I am seriously concerned that great injustice was done to Mr. VM. This not to find an excuse for his violent acts. But how is it possible that a man can "graduate" from quiet family man, professor to violent criminal offender who is not believed
4. I still have problem with how MM disappearance was on the surface thoroughly "investigated", leaving an impression that there was no stone left unturned, while there were so many holes in this investigation: for example - was staff at FHCI also questioned by police?

Many unanswered questions. Too many for comfort.

I'm not sure that VM has ever been super stable or normal (whatever the heck normal means). Didn't he have a "problem" when he lived in California? I'm not saying it was violent, but perhaps there is more history there than we know.

Having said that, there certainly are many unanswered questions in this case.

The California incident: well they dropped the charges. EVEN if there was some in it which there probalbly isn't and EVEN though Mr. obviously did commit violent acts it is very tough to understand why he would be relentlessly looking for the cause of his daughter's disappearance and death online (and keeping himself in prison looking) if he had anything to do with it. Wanting to be deported if true: well who could blame him? No doubt lots of parents whose children are killed might have some type of criminal record or contact with police etc.......it seems evident to me he had nothing to do with M's death so it reallyi doesn't matter does it?
I am not saying he has figured anything out but I do think some of his enquires MIGHT be of interest and maybe they should try listening to him.... I am interested in the fact the article says (if I understand it) that he was looking at other cases of missing children and linking that to Mariam......I have no idea what this would be.......but interesting.......

" Allegations of spying

Wilson wrote that several TDSB employees worried they were being spied on, saying their emails and phones were being monitored.

She told reporters on Thursday that some officials had taken to using cellphones and personal email accounts to keep their professional communications private.

In the early days of her investigation, she said some people who were being interviewed asked her how everyone in the office knew they were meeting with her. After being asked several times, Wilson asked her assistant to use a cellphone to arrange meetings.

Hiring influence

Wilson wrote that some trustees have gone beyond their job descriptions, and are interfering in the hiring process.

"What about (the hiring process) could induce fear? The fear arises because, in actual practice, as described to me by everyone who has been involved in it, the ward trustee has the final say. As a result, this individual has substantial control over the professional careers of applicants."

Superintendents, principals, vice-principals and supervisory officers told her they felt indebted to trustees after being hired, transferred or promoted."

Read more: http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/sobbing-em...#ixzz3P02D66fr
rbbm.

http://www.24news.ca/the-news/canad...roblems-as-threat-to-students-culture-of-fear

"Minister describes TDSB problems as threat to students, ‘culture of fear’"
"The dysfunction at Canada’s largest school board is getting “dangerously close” to the classroom, threatening to hurt teacher morale and undermine student achievement, Ontario Education Minister Liz Sandals says."

http://www.citynews.ca/2015/01/15/report-into-troubled-tdsb-reveals-culture-of-fear/
"In some cases, principals described being harassed by trustees by insisting on entering classrooms to observe teachers, or trustees intervening in the suspension of students."
rbbm.

Yes very interesting. Something I had never thought of. Personally I don't want to come close to maligning anybody teaching in a school, or a trustee (even given the above).....but.....it would be interesting given esp. Outcast's interesting comments to think at least in the abstract if there was a school element in Mariam's disappearance ( honestly I want to write murder) what could it be just structually . In any school in Toronto for now I mean.
1. Students obviously
2. Teachers obviously
3. Custodial staff of course
4. Could we really include trustees interesting......but disciplining students so maybe yes?
5. I guess the top brass in the school Pr. & V.P. etc.
6. Coaches ( I think usually or always teachers)
7. Visitors
8. Anything else?
9. ESL is that a separate thing or within the school?
10. Other neighbouring schools perhaps
12. Non students who might hang around sell dope etc.
13. I guess parents........
14. At least at Forest Hill I guess nearby by inst and businesses like e.g. 1. the park in front of the school 2. the library of course.....really this opens us up to the general public. 3. the crummy coffee shop at Eg. and Bath. well someone jokingly said to me they kidnap girls there and take them out the back....at least I think and hope it was a joke (directed at and mocking my interest in MM case).

9. (Also other schools of course I think I have only said this in a PM there is a bit of a strange link between teacher at B.S. private school nearby a coach a person who organized the March for Mariam and (this is going to sound absurdly melodramatic) the sporting group *advertiser censored* org. crime group H. A. But I know nothing about what kind of crime they are involved in in Toronto if they are. Also interested in a photographer worked at TIF lives apt. facing the school VERY creepy pics of women IMO. He has link to bus. Yonge Wellesley....well just thinking wildly LOTS of body rub brothel businesses above the main street stores there I mean on Yonge......much of it seems Russian or at least are selling themselves (literally) that way.
Last weird no doubt irrelevant stray fact.....other building facing school person elderly same name as Mariam relative of employer of the nanny .C.P. who was murdered decades ago.

It would be great if OUtcast or anyone who understands schools better than me could help me org. this sprawl....

The above article is from November 26, 2014 not 2013 :blushing:

Regardless, it's content sure makes ya go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

:thinking:

The above article is from November 26, 2014 not 2013 :blushing:

Regardless, it's content sure makes ya go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

:thinking:

Yes this has really got me thinking. Was thinking too narrowly. With Mariam we still have the problem of the "vanishing into thing air", the backpack find, more than anything how and where she was found. But now I am thinking just as an example: parental or school connivance protecting their kids by setting up a fake crime scene after a murder ......maybe not even intended as such but humans are fragile..... it is tough to see teens effectively setting up a fake body find scene (crime scene). Adult help would make lots of things possible. And this is the first time I have seen how Outcast's ideas would fit. Say for a cover-up rather than the crime. Makes sense. Kid or kids of powerful parents?? Pay-off? Threats? (Outcast's comments about fancy cars etc.).

Say a parent or teacher who plays golf at the Don Valley.....someone who knows a bit about Mariam and her family and leaves the backpack as a false trail cause of 120 Eg. building.....

I had always been wondering what would tempt Mariam but if a student (or of course teacher, school person) it would be very easy.....surely she wanted to fit in a bit so any friendly overture maybe would be enough....

And motive: well again we could be overthinking.....lots of these attacks in schools are probably over almost nothing...

Mariam not being seen: after all she could have gotten in to a car or been lured in just a few paces after she left her brother.....he wouldn't be able to see her soon as he turned towards the other door...also kids love to talk, listen to music smoke and smoke up in cars so it she wouldn;t have to think she was being driven anywhere. If they drove off I can't imagine Mariam jumping out and if crammed in the middle at the back....just one of no doubt many possible scenarios given this new info and orientation...it really is mostly new on these threads ...

I see all the marks of an adult crime but these could be the marks of an adult cover-up

Maybe she didn't get anywhere near the front doors and never walked along the path towards the music room doors.

It is a lousy film but Moth Diaries is worth looking at....new girl at school etc. Sapphic theme much mocked in reviews I mean the way it was handled. In a way someone like Mariam is split into two in the film....bright girl I think descendant of noted poet AND the dread new-comer. I am not even 100% sure the director didn't have her case in mind a bit......Herron daughter of noted Canadian comic, made American Psycho, film on Weather Underground, I Shot Andy Warhol (about Valerie Solanas) early punk journalist in New York after leaving Toronto where she had lived for a bit....I am not speaking about the supernatural kitsch in the film......

It is a lousy film but Moth Diaries is worth looking at....new girl at school etc. Sapphic theme much mocked in reviews I mean the way it was handled. In a way someone like Mariam is split into two in the film....bright girl I think descendant of noted poet AND the dread new-comer. I am not even 100% sure the director didn't have her case in mind a bit......Herron daughter of noted Canadian comic, made American Psycho, film on Weather Underground, I Shot Andy Warhol (about Valerie Solanas) early punk journalist in New York after leaving Toronto where she had lived for a bit....I am not speaking about the supernatural kitsch in the film......

Anyone have any ideas of what to do next? I really think the only way forward is journalism i.e. a book. Lots of work. It costs money. But Mariam obviously is worth it. Unless LE is doing something. Which I doubt. But that doubt leads into the problem and the solution. For me the things I would want to know (apart from what her Mom really things which I think is tough to know) is:

1. What does her father think? I would want to know everything, every thought he has about Mariam's case.

2. What Langer thought then and now. Again, difficult.

Aside what are we to think of the fact that VM wants to be deported and the gov. says they cant easily do that. Georgia is denying it?

The fragment in the newspaper suggested VM was interested in other cases of missing girls linked to Mariam in his mind and that the gov. thought that this suggested he was unbalanced.

But they are missing. And nobody knows what went down with Mariam including them. in the Sharin Keenan case I linked to a video by two slightly mysterious sisters who I suggested unwittingly came to Toronto for a birthday fete for Dennis Melvyn Howe on the Danforth the song (Wolf) being in his honour so to speak in this video the owl of minerva/ lodge theme is explicit....

https://video.search.yahoo.com/vide...a&sigb=138od3pid&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

c

It would be great if OUtcast or anyone who understands schools better than me could help me org. this sprawl....

TDSB is like a dinosaur when it comes to education and inclusion. It must have been very stressful for someone who had very high academic standards to accept the fact that academic standards in TDSB high schools were not that high. It must have been kind of a shock for this family, especially Mariam. She must have been utterly disappointed. I think that she was trying to get placement in more advanced classes, but that was not happening right away. I cannot see that someone so ambitious commits suicide.

TDSB is like a dinosaur when it comes to education and inclusion. It must have been very stressful for someone who had very high academic standards to accept the fact that academic standards in TDSB high schools were not that high. It must have been kind of a shock for this family, especially Mariam. She must have been utterly disappointed. I think that she was trying to get placement in more advanced classes, but that was not happening right away. I cannot see that someone so ambitious commits suicide.

outcast sorry for taking so long to understand what you are saying but I starting to get the picture. Excellent post,

C

outcast sorry for taking so long to understand what you are saying but I starting to get the picture. Excellent post,

C

Message to the dad I hope all goes well in future and really if he continues to investigate his daugher's case which I hope he does PLEASE try to stay cool....

Best chance of figuring out the nightmare

No blame meant in this message just hoping...

c

Message to the dad I hope all goes well in future and really if he continues to investigate his daugher's case which I hope he does PLEASE try to stay cool....

Best chance of figuring out the nightmare

No blame meant in this message just hoping...

c

This is on dad's facebook page posted in 2011, but possibly gives a little bit of insight in his mental state: "Dear friends, I, LT ( wife ) conveying this message of my husband Vakhtang Makhniashvili, form The Toronto West Detention Center,in which he is claiming, he has been a victim of human rights violation by his forensic psychiatrist Dr Julian Goger’s unlawful psychiatric assasment methods which I will further quote from Vakhtang: “I would like to make a statement, that Dr Julian Goger practices unlawful torture methods for my psychiatric assessment, which includes: 1) sleep depravation, 2) unnecessary isolation in a room with no windows for 18days, 3)harassment, 4) medicating without my concent and knowledge,5) manipulation by provocations from criminals and etc. I am convinced, that the methods Dr Gogers uses for my psychiatric assessment violate my rights and manipulations started long before my imprisonment. These are my assumptions, which I think to be investigated. Mmethods imposed on me intend my mind loosening and my case not being discussed further openly. I don’t want to avoid punishment, but I don’t want my suffering to go on. I only ask for justice, for conventional psychiatric assessment and sentence, I deserve. I address my concerns to Human Rights organizations and to people who care for justice. Also I would like to stress that I by no means blame officers or guards of Toronto West Detention Center“.

BTW, he removed me from his fb friends list today. Not sure if he knew how much I cared about his daughter.

So her Dad as I understand it is back in Georgia and is writing a book on his treatment by the authorities.....the sleep deprivation accusations and so on.....

It seems to me that it is strange that Gojer would be the forensic shrink on the case

he writes lucidly it seems to me no idea of how his own crimes were possible seems odd

I wonder if the assault by the authorities whoever they are of course began earlier have thought of this there is evidence that points that way but there is no possible motive that I know of.........

does anyone know what kind of music Mariam liked? Well she had tickets for the famous theatre in Tbliisi.... but what else? There is a reason I am asking........

Have been thinking west of the school as the direction of her disaapperance despite the location of the bp in fact it is juts occuring to me that is one motive for the obvious "find me" location of the bp.......to get everyone thinking east of the school not west......

I still like the film festival and film peter pan possibility

there is an apt building that could be accessed by Mariam taking the first street right after leaving brother I am interested in.....the garage and storage...... with a car it would take a few seconds........

so I also like the artist angle by way of luring........

So her Dad as I understand it is back in Georgia and is writing a book on his treatment by the authorities.....the sleep deprivation accusations and so on.....

It seems to me that it is strange that Gojer would be the forensic shrink on the case

he writes lucidly it seems to me no idea of how his own crimes were possible seems odd

I wonder if the assault by the authorities whoever they are of course began earlier have thought of this there is evidence that points that way but there is no possible motive that I know of.........

does anyone know what kind of music Mariam liked? Well she had tickets for the famous theatre in Tbliisi.... but what else? There is a reason I am asking........

Have been thinking west of the school as the direction of her disaapperance despite the location of the bp in fact it is juts occuring to me that is one motive for the obvious "find me" location of the bp.......to get everyone thinking east of the school not west......

I still like the film festival and film peter pan possibility

there is an apt building that could be accessed by Mariam taking the first street right after leaving brother I am interested in.....the garage and storage...... with a car it would take a few seconds........

so I also like the artist angle by way of luring........

bbm:

I have not found MSM for VM's return to Georgia -- is there a link for that?

What about his wife and son?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member