Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard back from Christie. I took off my info, but I would be glad to send this to a mod for verification. This is an important clarification that needs to be done for justice & to preserve for Victoria Stafford info.:

"No worries, no offence, just a badly written sentence." This is from Christie.

From
: a>
To: Blatchford, Christie
Sent: Wed Feb 10 16:59:03 2010
Subject: Re: The case against the colonel: 'Lingerie break-ins' and a 'treasure trove' of photo evidence

"The key officer in the room was Detective-Sergeant Jim Smith, who last year had obtained a statement (deleted misleading info) in the abduction and murder of eight-year-old Tori Stafford of Woodstock, Ont., last summer."

I am willing to send this to a mod for verification, if someone asks. I think this valid question that needed to be resolved. I understand if you want someone to verify...just ask.

That ^ up there in red is how rumours get started.

edit to remove misleading info

I was noticing the complete lack of information in the media about RW's background before 1987, and anything about his goings-on outside the official bio that was on the military website. So, I decided to do some sleuthing. Go figure.

We know from previous posts here that he had lived in Gatineau. How many Lt-Colonels could possibly live in Gatineau? And wouldn't it be likely that they'd have met him, at the very least?

Anyways, I only came up with one name, but that person is now deceased. And according to tributes, he was a fine, upstanding man who was well-respected by those under his command and in the community.

So, has anyone else had any luck?
Summer, according to his BIO:
January 2009
Williams is posted to the Canadian Forces Language School in Gatineau, Que., for a six-month period of French-language training, during which he is promoted colonel.
We know he was living in Orleans (which is part of Ottawa) for 14+ years. Perhaps he was living in his house in Orleans and going to Gatineau to study French? I am not sure if "posted to the Canadian Forces Language School in Gatineau" means he was actually living there?

I was also thinking why there has been no mention of his place of birth. From his BIO we only know of him graduating from the University of Toronto in:
WIlliams joins the Canadian Forces after getting a degree in economics and political science from the University of Toronto
Could this mean he is from Toronto? :waitasec:
Also, why no mention of his parents? Are they alive, and if so where are they? How about siblings? Is he an only child? We don't know if Mary Elizabeth is his first wife? How about highschool?

I think also what really bothers me, is the fact that he killed one of his own. One of OUR own.

The Trenton military personnel are like a big family...and the Wing Commander is like your father. It's his responsibility to look after everyone under his umbrella.

Ugh. Initially I was in disbelief. Then shock. Now I'm angry.

I've shaken hands and rubbed shoulders with pure evil :sick:

[bbm]

it must be a really unsettling feeling ... *hugs*

Well...I agree that is premature to try to "pin" every Canadian unsolved case on this guy, and already they have ruled him out as the murderer in the McVickers case...(don't know how but here is the info)

this article is very chilling however...the two home invasion rapes are really frightning, he bound these women to chairs, put hood on their heads, took photos...the cops apparently have warrants for "trophies" he took from them (bras, photos, other items all listed in article)

the really odd thing is how close these women lived to him?? Like he just went ahead, totally with no fear, really very frightning

the rapes were in Sept....and then he escalated to murder quickly....

I do feel that there may be other murders in his past..

another scary thought is what he may have done when /if he was stationed out of the country?? Imagine him in the middle east or wherever else he served....how easy he might find it to cover up his crimes there??

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Police+begin+hunt+trophies+tied+rapes+murders/2543036/story.html

Well...I agree that is premature to try to "pin" every Canadian unsolved case on this guy, and already they have ruled him out as the murderer in the McVickers case...(don't know how but here is the info)

this article is very chilling however...the two home invasion rapes are really frightning, he bound these women to chairs, put hood on their heads, took photos...the cops apparently have warrants for "trophies" he took from them (bras, photos, other items all listed in article)

the really odd thing is how close these women lived to him?? Like he just went ahead, totally with no fear, really very frightning

another scary thought is what he may have done when /if he was stationed out of the country?? Imagine him in the middle east or wherever else he served....how easy he might find it to cover up his crimes there??

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Police+begin+hunt+trophies+tied+rapes+murders/2543036/story.html

Meanwhile, Ontario Provincial Police clarified on Wednesday that Williams has not been ruled out as a suspect in the unsolved 2001 death at CFB Trenton of Kathleen MacVicar, 19, despite an assertion from MacVicar's mother that she was told Williams has been ruled out.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news...y+review+selection+process/2545271/story.html

Now, I can't believe what I'm seeing here! Just to clarify, is she definite that Williams gave a statement in the Tori Stafford case?

No, no, no...IMO from her statement! Nor her followup to BE PERFECTLY CLEAR...as this is very important Max! No worries!!!

(BBM)

Actually, those reports that RW has been ruled out as a suspect in the Kathleen MacVicar murder were mistaken. They were contradicted later and it seems he has not been eliminated yet.

The Toronto Star this morning included Ms. MacVicar as one of the cases still being investigated. I personally checked this info with one of the reporters and she confirmed it.

"I'm glad they are looking at it again," Colleen MacVicar, Kathleen's mother, told the Star on Tuesday afternoon from her home in Glace Bay, N.S.

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario...-arrest-reopens-cold-cases-in-three-provinces

And this one was updated 6 hours ago:

"We are certainly tracking the movements of where this man has been over the past several years and we're continuing on with our investigation," Nicholas said, adding that does include the 2001 murder of Kathleen MacVicar."

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...ars&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

At this point I hope that they find proof so that this girl's family can get some closure.

JMO

What you say? There are misunderstandings on the interwebz? That can't be! ;)

That ^ up there in red is how rumours get started.

Paris forgive me, but if you read just page back (possibly 2) you would be up-to-date & understand the response, no offense...just check please...no rumors required or needed please.

Okay, how about Orleans, and nearby Cumberland. Are these areas popular living places with the military, especially Lt-Colonels?

Perhaps since he is a pilot, he visited:
- Rockliffe Flying club
- Rockliffe Airport
- Gatineau Airport
- Gatineau Air Museaum
- Canadian Aviation Museum
He is been living in the Ottawa area long enough to know people, but apparently he was not a sociable person. Everybody seems to say the same thing about him. Nobody REALLY "knew" him. The only people that could have seen the "real" him (aside from his victims) could be his wife or mother. JMHO

finally something of his background!

"Francis" Lloyd? Dear lord, can't anyone get anything right? I wonder if Macleans outsources their editing like so many publications these days. This mistake is like a slap in the face of the victim. :banghead:

JMO

EDIT: And further down in the same article, "Floyd" instead of "Lloyd". How can we believe anything we read when so many errors go undetected?

"Francis" Lloyd? Dear lord, can't anyone get anything right? I wonder if Macleans outsources their editing like so many publications these days. This mistake is like a slap in the face of the victim. :banghead:

JMO

And this (same article):

Two months later, Floyd vanished from her home near Belleville.

For crying out loud!

JMO

I couldn't believe it when I read the wrong name either. I would be nice if the media would pay closer attention to things like that and get the correct spelling and names of people they are reporting on.

We need to be very careful not to try to pin every single unsolved murder on this man.

I have worked for him, and spoke to him on a daily basis - no one is in more shock than I am with the exception of his wife. I just don't want to believe it, but I think I'm going to have to.

He was polite, personable, always a smile and a good morning. Unbelievable. :(

He was friendly with his victims, too:

She knew Col. Williams only to say hello. She did not even know he was CFB Trenton’s commander.

Shortly after Christmas, she drove past his front yard on Cosy Cove Lane.

She waved. He waved back.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2010/02/08/12797701-qmi.html

You're a lucky woman.

The crimes are less than five months old. The violent sex offender who committed them has likely been active for far longer, according to an FBI profiler.
Air Force colonel Russ Williams stands charged with two first-degree murders and two sex assaults in and around CFB Trenton. He is 46.
On Tuesday morning, police were poring over unsolved crimes in the many stops in Williams’ 23-year military career, including towns small and large across Canada, as well as overseas postings.
http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/article/762663--could-trenton-murders-be-serial-killings

The crimes rapidly intensified over that period, which suggests that anything prior to that was either minor or just things he had fantasies about. Serial criminals generally don't downgrade after they have taken another step up the crime ladder. There probably are not going to be any other homicides linked to this guy. If that profiler was any good he would know that.

I am currently in the process of being verified. I spoke to my military friend who worked alongside him every day (pretty near anyway), and he said RW would show up at the same time ,every day. That he was very down to the second type of a guy, but that no one really knew anything personal about him. He also said that the day RW was stopped on the roadside stop on 37, that he was driving his Pathfinder SUV with very distinct tires but could not remember the brand. He also drove a BMW but was not on that given night.

He still cannot wrap his head around it, as I don't believe many do at the moment. They were all spoken to about if anyone had information, they need to come forward as soon as possible to the proper authorities.

He also mentioned that RW was the one to "volunteer" his efforts and dispatch the elite aerial search that looked for Jessica in the following days.

I thought this was awful, because if he indeed volunteered his time, or extra time, then surely he either A) controlled where they looked and did not stray outside of that or B) Figured because of his rank that even if they did find her, then him volunteering would take the spotlight away from him, clearly. JMO

R.I.P. Jess, this is still so hard. Everyone is town is talking about it and it cannot be escaped

Colonel Russell Williams is a man know one really knew
(with old photo)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/colonel-russell-williams-is-a-man-no-one-really-knew/article1463964/

SNIP:
Born on March 7, 1963, in the Midlands region of England, young Russell was quickly uprooted for a new life in Chalk River, Ont.

The 800-person village, which is home to Canada's premier nuclear research laboratory, was hiring experts - including Russell's father David Williams, a metallurgist.

David and his wife, Nonie, had another son, Harvey.

The marriage soured and they divorced. But in the remote and frigid Upper Ottawa Valley, Ms. Williams found love again, and married Mr. Sovka, in 1970.

He got a new job with Ontario Hydro, which brought the couple to the Toronto area. They settled in a house near the Scarborough Bluffs, overlooking Lake Ontario. Russell delivered The Globe and Mail and learned piano.

But the home was merely a base: Mr. Sovka's nuclear expertise made him in demand around the globe, and by 1979, the family was in South Korea, where Mr. Sovka was overseeing another reactor project.

For Russell's final two years of high school, while his parents were in Asia, he boarded at UCC - where he went by the name Russ Sovka - and rubbed elbows with the scions of Canada's wealthiest and most prominent business families.

As a prefect, he reported to his house steward, Andrew Saxton, now a Conservative Member of Parliament for North Vancouver.

It's not yet clear when he reverted to the name Williams.

In the mid-1980s, he studied politics and economics at the University of Toronto's Scarborough satellite - a campus that was haunted by a series of unsolved rapes at that time.

A January, 1983, editorial in the campus newspaper, The Underground, stated: "Last Tuesday, a student was attacked in the parking lot, dragged into the valley and raped. This is the first reported attack ... Something will have to be done to alleviate fears, even if it does cost the College a lot of money."
Nice to see he was living close to my home town... Yikes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18