Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This must have already been answered (my apologies if so). What I read or most likely heard from one of Mr. Jones interview, is that those were not just any regular / all-season tires, but expensive SNOW / WINTER tires that he had in his Pathfinder SUV.

Having researched snow tires for my SUV, I can imagine he probably purchased some that were quite expensive (more than $200 CDN per tire) with distinctive treads. Most vehicles would not have such tires -- and from my experience living in a rural area, most people could not afford them and would just buy a basic winter tire at Canadian Tire if they used winter tires at all.
Sounds like Williams never thought about the treads -- which to me shows he is not as organized or meticulous as he seems to have lead everyone to believe. (Of course, all of this is speculation)

Having researched snow tires for my SUV, I can imagine he probably purchased some that were quite expensive (more than $200 CDN per tire) with distinctive treads. Most vehicles would not have such tires -- and from my experience living in a rural area, most people could not afford them and would just buy a basic winter tire at Canadian Tire if they used winter tires at all.
Sounds like Williams never thought about the treads -- which to me shows he is not as organized or meticulous as he seems to have lead everyone to believe. (Of course, all of this is speculation)

He was a very particular man, which is obvious in a position such as his. My thoughts are he needed the best of the best, and even though he wasn't being meticulous, he maybe thought because of his position he wouldn't get caught. Those are still my opinions because it seems like he never tried at all, or hardly, anyway.

Totally not the exposure we needed here, nonetheless... Especially for the quaint town of Tweed

A very peculiar man after the fact. Before now no one thought anything that was bat$#%^ crazy. Hindsight is 20/20. I am very curious about his wife. I don't even know that man and I feel like I need a shower every time I think about him. Just my opinion and my analytical mind in overdrive though:)

Again...might be a repeat, just popping in for a sec...CBC News just reported plain clothes police went into Williams Ottawa home today and covered the windows with brown paper while searching. Luminol?

ETA...boy, ya'll have been busy! :) Whew...many pages to catch up on...

I'm presuming that LE covered the windows with brown paper to keep nosy reporters from zooming in and taking photos.

As for Luminol (for fingerprints), I have my doubts. RW and his wife have lived there for just a short while (last July?). Most of that time Williams was either in Trenton or Tweed, while I think his wife was in the Ottawa house due to her job. I don't believe RW would have the opportunity to take any victims to that particular house - certainly not Jessica or Marie-France.

" ... the Ottawa house the couple had moved into only recently."

http://winnipeg.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...ms_thursday_100211/20100211/?hub=WinnipegHome

And while I think no stone should be left unturned, his MO seems to be entering his victims' homes. To take one to a house he shares with his wife would be a terrible risk that I don't believe he would take.

JMO

The bottom link takes you to the official Lachlan Austrailia birding site, not to a Lachlan Cranswick page.

hehehehe oops. I think I'm more than a little fuzzy headed from reading so much today while on stomach flu duty.....I think it's time for a nap:)

This is so awful Pjgrrrl :( this monster was for the ultimate control and power. It is like for him this was a strategy game. I think strategy is a word we could be hearing a lot from profilers about this "THING" (can't call him a person, nor a man, nor human being).
I am so SO SAD that he was not caught earlier so Jessica's and Marie's lives would have been spared, as well as all the suffering his 2 other victims went through (an all other victims that could possibly emerge), and all families and friends and people this THING hurt so badly.
Thank Gawd he was caught before he did more monstrosities and before he got promoted to even higher/strategic position. just looking at his picture makes me feel :sick::yuck:

(BBM)

This was merely speculation and was addressed by SomeGirl (who would know) here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CANADA-Jessica Lloyd, 27, Belleville, Ontario 01/28/2010

I am feeling a little bit like a schmuck for not actually recognizing his face as someone in the area. You would think in this day and age that I would have some idea of what the commanding officer of the base would look like, but until his picture popped up in connection to the case I had no idea what he looked like. Seems strange.

Col's Brother speaks...wonder why the split caused a rift and was it something he blamed his mother for...there is much biographical info at this link...

"Our relationship with him was broken off in early 2001, when our mother's divorce from my stepfather caused a deep rift between him and my mother and myself," said Harvey Williams.

"We rarely had any contact until two years ago, when my mother and I tried to find a way to repair the family rift. We have had only minimal contact with him in the past two years.

"We were shocked and appalled to learn of the crimes with which Col. Williams is being charged," he said in a written statement, calling it "alarming and distressing news."

Similarly, relatives of Col. Williams' stepfather, Jerry Sovka, an eminent nuclear scientist, described a family that maintained little contact.

http://www.nationalpost.com/story.html?id=2552449

Meanwhile, Random House Canada has already announced the fall release of a book on Col. Williams.

Col. Williams has not been ruled out as a suspect in the unsolved 2001 death at CFB Trenton of Kathleen MacVicar, 19.

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/most-popular/story.html?id=2551233#ixzz0fHnnHMtN
The National Post is now on Facebook. Join our fan community today.

Williams on suicide watch...

"A senior air force commander charged with murdering two women was placed on a suicide watch when he arrived at a provincial jail in Napanee because of his bizarre behaviour, QMI Agency has learned.

Col. Russell Williams was acting as though he was a prisoner of war when he was first processed at the Quinte Detention Centre. He would only give authorities his name, rank and serial number.

Williams was assessed by a psychiatrist and he was deemed a possible suicide risk. His demeanor has been described as “cocky” but “vacant.” "

"Williams remains in a segregation cell by himself with no contact with other inmates.

He has spoken very little and often refuses to make eye contact with jail staff".

*I think that's a typo...probably, "NOT cocky but vacant"...

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/02/11/12846096-qmi.html

Cold Cases waiting on DNA...

Col. Russell Williams has to be found guilty of the crimes he’s accused of committing before investigators can run his DNA through Canada’s national database.

While many families and friends of cold cases in the four provinces where Williams was stationed were buoyed by his arrest and the possibility that he may be allegedly tied to other crimes, police stress they can’t upload his DNA to Ottawa to be compared to available DNA samples.

Only if Williams is found guilty of murder and sexual assault charges would he then have to be ordered to provide a DNA sample that could be placed in the national database.

Toronto defence lawyer and legal analyst Steven Skurka said police can get a search warrant to get the DNA for individual cases as long as they have some justification.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/2010/02/11/12845286.html

"But based on where the ex-8 Wing commander at CFB Trenton lived, investigators in Toronto, Manitoba and the Maritimes are prepared to reopen cold cases dating to the 1970s.

“We have had inquiries from different police services, but our focus is on the case before the courts,” Sgt. Kristine Rae, the OPP spokesman on the case near Canada’s largest military air base, told the Toronto Sun.

But Rae said “the OPP want to be methodical and detailed before we can compare our case with any other cases.”

The Toronto Police sexual crimes unit had 150 cold cases as of late 2008.

The force does not expect to be called until OPP experts develop the accused man’s profile and understand the methods used in the alleged crimes.

But with the national DNA databank created only in 2000, and Toronto’s sex crimes unit not investigating break-ins of women’s homes unless there was intercourse, some old cases were never identified as having sexual motives, a retired investigator said.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/02/11/12844596.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member