GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your welcome, Hazel. Antiquegirl and NBG kept things covered from the various media, it was pretty overwhelming.

Part of tonights show was taped 2 days ago, you may have seen an excerpt from that. There is also a fresh interview with him today.

According to the Murder Charge PDF, which I linked here a couple of times, Jessica Lloyd died between January 28th and January 30th. It has been reported by some media, that RW kept her alive at Cozy Cove up to 3 days. :(
I guess so Wondergirl, it must have ben an excerpt because I'm watching it now, and it was that same interview. Let's keep watching, but I'm pretty sure I heard TUESDAY, which will be more than 3 days :(

I want to extend my Thanks to AG and NBG as well for their great coverage.

from the link you posted

Criminal defence lawyer Russell Silverstein discusses the case of Col. Russell Williams with the CBC's Carole MacNeil: http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/1221258968/ID=1618543905

Silverstein also (if I heard him correctly) say that since RW is pleading guilty to the B & E he will also be sentenced for those. So how much more time would he be expected to get on top of 25 years?

Also, dumb question, but is it 25 years per murder? = 50 years?

He will actually get two life sentences with chance of parole in 25 years for both murders (served concurrently, as AG mentioned). Break and Enter varies, though break and enter with the intent of an indictable offence carries a life sentence. Theft under $5,000 (which I'm sure he has, given the stolen property found in his house), carries 2 years. Sexual Assault carries 10 years, and aggravated sexual assault (without a firearm) carries a life sentence. I'm not sure if all his break and enters were considered with intent or not, though if they were, all his charges will carry a life sentence, except for theft under, if he was even charged with that.

I suspect that he is going to get numerous life sentences with numerous extra years tacked on for good measure.

I guess so Wondergirl, it must have ben an excerpt because I'm watching it now, and it was that same interview. Let's keep watching, but I'm pretty sure I heard TUESDAY, which will be more than 3 days :(

I want to extend my Thanks to AG and NBG as well for their great coverage.

You are most welcome.

It was mentioned this morning that if anyone is caught taking pictures their Blackberries, smartphones would be taken from them and they would be ejected from the courtroom immediately. While it is possible, I think with the amount of LE in the courtroom, it would be tough to do, once they raise the blackberry away from their lap, I'm sure the police are all over them - though that is JMO.

Also, they are trying to change the maximum sentence from concurrent to consecutive sentences, though it hasn't passed through legislation yet, and obviously won't before this hearing is over. Like you said AG, he's never getting out of there (alive anyway).

Okay, thanks NBG and Pinkeye. I'm actually relieved to hear that it's unlikely photos will be leaked that aren't supposed to be. Less concerned about the ones today than what may be shown tomorrow.

I'm watching something else, but taping CBC's "Connect" to watch later. Poor Andy!

Wondergirl, I see that you too found today overwhelming. My adrenalin was pumping like mad, jumping back and forth from browser to browser, copying and pasting, posting, reading. It was madness. And there will be more of the same tomorrow. (My husband is lucky he got dinner at all tonight, albeit take-out.)

Can't sleep, and feeling really really sick to my stomach.

Has anyone come across any links that would shed some light on WHY there are so many young girls as victims? My little girl is sleeping upstairs and I can't stop going in to check on her.

Okay, thanks NBG and Pinkeye. I'm actually relieved to hear that it's unlikely photos will be leaked that aren't supposed to be. Less concerned about the ones today than what may be shown tomorrow.

I think any member of the media attempting to sneak a photo would not only be jeopardizing their career but also face charges of contempt of court or something like that.

just guessing

Williams Videotaped Murder

The Crown confirmed in court Monday that both murder victims, Marie-France Comeau and Jessica Lloyd, were videotaped by Williams.

In Comeau’s case, her actual murder is on tape.

What is not clear is how the court will handle this when the videotapes are presented as evidence, likely on Tuesday.

In the case of schoolgirl killer Paul Bernardo, convicted in 1995, Justice Patrick LeSage ruled videotaped evidence of teen victims being attacked and tortured would be heard by the public, but not seen.

They were later destroyed, and transcripts of the tapes kept in the file.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/877044--williams-graphic-photos-shocking?bn=1

[in red]

omg

I'm watching something else, but taping CBC's "Connect" to watch later. Poor Andy!

Wondergirl, I see that you too found today overwhelming. My adrenalin was pumping like mad, jumping back and forth from browser to browser, copying and pasting, posting, reading. It was madness. And there will be more of the same tomorrow. (My husband is lucky he got dinner at all tonight, albeit take-out.)
I just started reading the Ottawa Citizen's, Globe & Mail's and CBC's Twitters around 3:30 pm (all at once), and had a really hard time. I am not sure I'll be able to stomach what is yet to come :frown: tomorrow.

I just started reading the Ottawa Citizen's, Globe & Mail's and CBC's Twitters around 3:30 pm (all at once), and had a really hard time. I am not sure I'll be able to stomach what is yet to come :frown: tomorrow.

I agree, I just finished reading the days worth of tweets. You can see the crimes escalating....I cannot imagine what tomorrow will bring.....SICK SICK SICK. I am shocked that his target was KIDS. Thank God he didn't get at any of them. My heart goes out to all the victims who found out that THE SICKO was inside their homes, to his sexual assault victims and the Lloyd and Comeau families. I think if I was MEH, I would be packing a bag and fly away to start a new life, I feel for her. I do not know how any of the victims will overcome this trauma.

Just trying to understand the reasons behind all this. One news report described him as 'frolicking' in women's clothes. In the photos I have seen, he doesn't look as if he is having a great time. In fact, he looks very grim. I guess I just expected him to be sporting a big depraved grin as well as the underclothes. :( This confuses me even more. I think there will be books written for years to come about his mental condition and they still won't answer the question...why?

Just trying to understand the reasons behind all this. One news report described him as 'frolicking' in women's clothes. In the photos I have seen, he doesn't look as if he is having a great time. In fact, he looks very grim. I guess I just expected him to be sporting a big depraved grin as well as the underclothes. :( This confuses me even more. I think there will be books written for years to come about his mental condition and they still won't answer the question...why?
I agree that he doesn't look like he is frolicking at all. The ones I saw at the link above look like he is posing and sometimes in the exact same place and in the same stance. How he laid the underwear out in perfect rows and columns like at a clothing store is just weird.

Makes you wonder if he took these pictures when his wife was out of town. Just weird.

Can't sleep, and feeling really really sick to my stomach.

Has anyone come across any links that would shed some light on WHY there are so many young girls as victims? My little girl is sleeping upstairs and I can't stop going in to check on her.

Well, Pinkeye, honestly, I think that was really, really, suprising about today, was that fact that all those break and enters, the majority of them were on pubescent girls.

He seemed to sexually attack and murder the older women, though?

Hopefully there will be some professional analysis on these facts regarding the children. WTH. So damned disturbing.

I agree that he doesn't look like he is frolicking at all. The ones I saw at the link above look like he is posing and sometimes in the exact same place and in the same stance. How he laid the underwear out in perfect rows and columns like at a clothing store is just weird.

Makes you wonder if he took these pictures when his wife was out of town. Just weird.

Well, it was mentioned on the CBC Connect show tonight, that none of the pictures were taken in the victims homes. So, presumably, they were taken in his home or cottage, without his wife home.

I wonder if his wife knew any of these details prior to this (as in earlier in the investigation). I don't think I would eat for weeks after finding something like this out about my spouse. And I'd have to be medicated.

Bless the victims and bless LE.

Well, Paintr, I think the frolicking part comes from the various poses, gestures, and activities described in venemous detail today by the various reporters.

Thankfully, the Judge has not allowed the frolicking pictures to be released.

oh dear - that's really gross

now what was the purpose of them publishing that? (I read what they said was the purpose but I don't believe it)

doesn't that re-victimize people?

I don't believe it re-victimizes people. I believe it shows RW for the depraved, selfish, seriously disturbed monster he is. Some people need to see these things for themselves to be completely convinced. At least, that's the party line.

But aside from that, the media has always been about making a profit. One way to do that is to appeal to the prurient tastes of their audience. The more scandalous and sensational, the better. How else would one explain the success of the National Enquirer, Star magazine, TMZ, etc.? Most of us have some morbid curiosity and the media aims to please.

JMO

The dark, depraved side of Russell Williams

WARNING: Contains graphic testimony that may be disturbing to some readers

by Michael Friscolanti and Cathy Gulli on Monday, October 18, 2010 9:13pm -

Four days before Russell Williams took command of CFB Trenton, he stood in a neighbour’s backyard for half an hour, staring through an open window. It was dark, after midnight, and when the woman inside climbed into a shower, Williams pounced. He stripped naked, headed for the bedroom, and fled the scene with a single pair of black underwear.

“Very tempting to take her panties/bra from bathroom,” Williams later wrote on his computer. “Decided it would be entirely obvious that someone was in the house while she was in the shower—took panties from panty drawer instead…”

http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/10/18/dark-depraved-side-of-russell-williams-revealed-in-court/

oh dear - that's really gross

now what was the purpose of them publishing that? (I read what they said was the purpose but I don't believe it)

doesn't that re-victimize people?

I am glad they published those photos ,he deserves the humiliation of knowing they have been published.Plus it shows everyone just how weird he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18