Found Deceased Canada - Marie Stuart, 38, pregnant, Abbotsford, BC, 27 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Personal health number, it's a unique identifier for provincial health coverage - maybe just a BC thing?

Different provinces have different names for the number, but everyone has a health care number.

The family's silence makes me think they probably have good reason to suspect a suicide. Often families won't release information about a missing person being suicidal to the press.

The family's silence makes me think they probably have good reason to suspect a suicide. Often families won't release information about a missing person being suicidal to the press.

Agreed - but I believe that is less so recently. A local mom took her life in Vancouver in the fall

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/tragic-end-missing-mom-florence-leung-found-dead-1.3165069

The family made it clear from the get go that Florence was suffering from post partum depression, and they were concerned about her well-being. The community rallied around them - and that was well publicized. There was a candle light vigil, search parties... many were affected when she went missing, and were devastated by the tragic outcome.

If Marie's family had shared more in the beginning and gotten the community involved I wonder if things would/could have been different.

I agree though it does seem like a suicide. It's just so sad that if that is the case - whatever it is that she did.. she hasn't been found.

It's heartbreaking. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed - but I believe that is less so recently. A local mom took her life in Vancouver in the fall

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/tragic-end-missing-mom-florence-leung-found-dead-1.3165069

The family made it clear from the get go that Florence was suffering from post partum depression, and they were concerned about her well-being. The community rallied around them - and that was well publicized. There was a candle light vigil, search parties... many were affected when she went missing, and were devastated by the tragic outcome.

If Marie's family had shared more in the beginning and gotten the community involved I wonder if things would/could have been different.

I agree though it does seem like a suicide. It's just so sad that if that is the case - whatever it is that she did.. she hasn't been found.

FL's husband felt that the reason for the suicide was because Florence apparently felt pressured to nurse her baby and she was having difficulty with that. So sad.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?320181-Canada-Florence-Leung-31-Vancouver-BC-25-Oct-2016&highlight=Florence+Leung
[h=2]Canada - Florence Leung, 31, Vancouver, BC, 25 Oct 2016[/h]

A tragic and strange story indeed. I think about Marie often. Where could she and her baby be?

I think about her too.

No info from the family though. I feel like more info would help not hinder.

Still haven't found her. I live in the town right beside where she went missing. I wish there was more information.

Still haven't found her. I live in the town right beside where she went missing. I wish there was more information.
Welcome to Ws Alabaster8!
It certainly is surprising that Marie has not yet been located.

The lack of a formal search from the family is perplexing. No Facebook page, no pressure on the police, no organized searches. I understand if they searched high and wide early on and are simply at a loss now. But it doesn't even appear as though they have even organized one search at all.

This is sad.

I just checked google maps .. 1400 Mccallum Road to Sevenoaks shopping centre where she went missing is a 7 minute drive, or 49 minute walk.

I've never had a good feeling about this case. I would love for her to be found, but with her due date having come and gone I feel that it's highly unlikely that she's alive.

If this is her, it will bring closure to the family and hopefully answer some of the many questions.

One thing to think about in Marie's case is that December 2016 was exceptionally snowy and cold here in the Lower Mainland. We got 10" of snow at the end of the first week of December and it stayed cold all the way until Christmas. I had gone home to the US to see my family over the holidays and flew back to YVR on Boxing Day. We had gotten another 10" of mushy snow on top of what was still there. This is very unusual for the lower Mainland. Abbotsford is about 70km (44mi) southeast of Vancouver. The weather stayed cold for several weeks into January. If Marie disappeared on or about the 27th, the weather would have been a significant factor. That would have been a long cold walk even for someone properly geared and fit. Marie was neither.

ETA: This was intended as a reply to Saturnsmoon's post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back