GUILTY Canada - Marissa Whalen, 2, Fort Erie, Ont, 29 July 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey all, I had already started a thread on this case. I think it will be merged soon. xoxo RIP Marissa.

My heart aches not only for this poor murdered child, but for the other children of Rainbow Hill... once again, so many little innocents suffer because of the neglectful, self satisfying, despicable behaviour of the adults in their lives.

Also, there has been another thread started on this case, here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151696&highlight=whalen ... I'm wondering if a mod can combine it with this one? I would PM someone about it but I'm not sure who?

thanks greenthumb, I asked a mod to merge the two threads. xox

did anyone get a look at Mandie's posts in the RIP group? her FB has been deleted and with that went her posts ... I saw someone suggesting that she thought they were burying a dog ... and I wonder if she addressed that herself

I did read some stuff on the fb page and it was also on Rainbow's page. I think someone alerted the police because it had to do with people not knowing the truth about what happened and not to judge (in that vein).

I took this photo of Marissa from the fb group. Thank you for all the prayers for this little angel.

316300_10150491071818047_692793046_11209700_1006905064_n.jpg

Thanks Matou that is a beautiful picture of Marissa. May little Marissa be blessed and never forgotten by all who have her in their heart.

ETA: Such a haunting picture Matou - I will not be able to get this out of my mind.

What a beautiful little girl :cry:

How does something like this happen? Didn't anyone ask where Marissa was?

This is so heartbreaking. I can't believe this has happened so close to home. My heart aches when I read all the stories on this board, which are usually so far away but this is really close to home. These sick women live 30 minutes from where I live. What were they doing in Brantford on the Reserve, which would be a good 1 1/2 hrs from where they live?

The first I heard about this was the other day on the radio when the arrest were made. I was quite surprised today to hear the body was found so soon after the news broke about the arrest. My first thought was how in the world can no one notice she was missing, then I thought, is it possible whoever reported her missing, did so late July early August, and the LE have been working on this case, which allowed them to find the body? I'm sure the intial radio report mentioned someone reported not seeing the child for a long time.

This is horrid, its uncomprehensible that there are people that can do this to children let alone their own child. :(

This is so heartbreaking. I can't believe this has happened so close to home. My heart aches when I read all the stories on this board, which are usually so far away but this is really close to home. These sick women live 30 minutes from where I live. What were they doing in Brantford on the Reserve, which would be a good 1 1/2 hrs from where they live?

The first I heard about this was the other day on the radio when the arrest were made. I was quite surprised today to hear the body was found so soon after the news broke about the arrest. My first thought was how in the world can no one notice she was missing, then I thought, is it possible whoever reported her missing, did so late July early August, and the LE have been working on this case, which allowed them to find the body? I'm sure the intial radio report mentioned someone reported not seeing the child for a long time.

This is horrid, its uncomprehensible that there are people that can do this to children let alone their own child. :(

I'm gonna guess that these women told LE where they put her (I heard she was buried, no link yet). I'm not sure why Marissa was found on that rez since people are saying that they weren't from that rez. My worst fear is that they put her in the water and would never be found again. I'm very grateful that Marissa was found.

When I started reading this thread and saw that Chippawa Ontario was mentioned, the only thing that made me feel somewhat better is that I knew the body was found buried and not in the water. Chippawa Ontario runs along the Niagara River, through Niagara Falls to Fort Erie Ontario and empties in Lake Erie. Fort Erie is near the Buffalo NY boarder, separated by the Niagara River. So yes, there is a lot of water and sadly bodies do wash up.

Since a third person was arrested today, I too wondered if they fessed up. What in God's name would be the motive. Just like so many others. There was a vigil held for her tonight, I had an appointment otherwise I would have gone. All I can say is these horrid people responsible for this better not see the day of light for a very long time.

When I started reading this thread and saw that Chippawa Ontario was mentioned, the only thing that made me feel somewhat better is that I knew the body was found buried and not in the water. Chippawa Ontario runs along the Niagara River, through Niagara Falls to Fort Erie Ontario and empties in Lake Erie. Fort Erie is near the Buffalo NY boarder, separated by the Niagara River. So yes, there is a lot of water and sadly bodies do wash up.

Since a third person was arrested today, I too wondered if they fessed up. What in God's name would be the motive. Just like so many others. There was a vigil held for her tonight, I had an appointment otherwise I would have gone. All I can say is these horrid people responsible for this better not see the day of light for a very long time.

Yes, I'm wondering about the 2nd degree murder charge for Rainbow, the mother's girlfriend. Did she abuse Marissa? What about the criminal negligence causing death for the mother?

Meanwhile, a relative of Whalen, who did not want to be identified, said Monday the Whalen family desperately tried to find Roseanne Whalen and Marissa over the summer.

"Everyone is saying the family did nothing, but they don't know what we tried to do," said the person, who would only identify herself as Roseanne Whalen's cousin. "They kept moving. When we found them, the next day they would be gone out of the house. They moved three times in three months.

"They don't know how hard we tried to find that baby," the cousin said.

The cousin also said Roseanne's mother is devastated by the loss. "It's hitting her hard. (Marissa) was her pride and she helped raise her until the last couple of months," she said.

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3336415

During the court appearance, a woman in the group of family members gestured angrily at a reporter and said "don't do that!" while the reporter was taking notes.

That woman was identified later as the mother of Hill and Dipota by a group of women outside the court who had gathered to remember Marissa. The women said they were former friends of Hill and Whalen.

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3336415

Rainbow had requested to have her name kept from the media but that was not granted. Why is she trying to hide what she did to the public?

I don't think I saw it posted but here is the link to the newspaper article regarding Marissa's memorial.

http://m.scstandard.com/articledisplay.aspx?e=3336532

I will give you an interesting fact to chew on. "Day" that is named in most of these articles as being the murderers' ex lover was indeed that. What she fails to mention in ALL news responses was "Hill" was not only abusive to her but also her own children. Yet she is constantly quoting "why did this happen" A little funny don't you thing that she fails to mention this. ( I was a personal friend of hers at one point that hid her and her children at my house from hill for the night because she was in fear. ( Yes police where called and notified of this at the time that is how she and the kids ended up at my home) So Hill has a history of abusive behavior. Also you will see on the Memorial page another woman who had enough courage to express yhe also was in a relationship with Hill and she to had abuse problems with her. Why did Facs not doing anything when they received over 50 calls regarding abuse with this women I will never understand.

God bless sweet Marissa May she REST IN PEACE.

I don't think I saw it posted but here is the link to the newspaper article regarding Marissa's memorial.

http://m.scstandard.com/articledisplay.aspx?e=3336532

I will give you an interesting fact to chew on. "Day" that is named in most of these articles as being the murderers' ex lover was indeed that. What she fails to mention in ALL news responses was "Hill" was not only abusive to her but also her own children. Yet she is constantly quoting "why did this happen" A little funny don't you thing that she fails to mention this. ( I was a personal friend of hers at one point that hid her and her children at my house from hill for the night because she was in fear. ( Yes police where called and notified of this at the time that is how she and the kids ended up at my home) So Hill has a history of abusive behavior. Also you will see on the Memorial page another woman who had enough courage to express yhe also was in a relationship with Hill and she to had abuse problems with her. Why did Facs not doing anything when they received over 50 calls regarding abuse with this women I will never understand.

God bless sweet Marissa May she REST IN PEACE.

Thank you for helping your friend and her kids when they needed you. I've heard about how FACS didn't back up or support many women and children from Hill. It's inexcusible. A child is dead. A beautiful littel girl who was in "the good life" years as a toddler. How dare Hill request to have her name out of the papers. WHY HIDE anymore? I read that her mother is having a hard time and lashing out at the comminity and at reporters. I was unable to go to the memorial and kept Marissa in my thoughts and prayers.

Unfortunately from my understanding the calls that were made to and from Facs from Hill and Day were considered that of a vindictive nature and were dismissed as such.
Apparently due to the nature of the relationship wolf had been cried to many times. However this does by far not excuse the fact that others called Facs regarding this situation as well and nothing was done.

Thank you mybabymyworld for sharing that information with us.

Why do organizations such as FACS do nothing when they received so many calls? Its always too late. I didn't know there were so many calls made.

I'm glad to see that family in fact did try to find Marissa over the summer. That's what it sounded like on the radio when I first heard the report, that she was unable to be located and family called the police.

Its sickening she had the gull to ask her name not be released to the media. I can't imagine what a horrible fate Marissa faced, actually I can't even think about it.

RIP little angel. :(

Does anyone know anything about this babies father? I've yet to hear a word about him.

Fly free angel! Rest peacefully sweet baby girl!

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3339842

Roseanne Whalen, 23, is charged with criminal negligence causing death, accessory after the fact to murder and indignity to human remains.

She appeared briefly in bail court Wednesday afternoon in St. Catharines.

Duty counsel Bill Hewitson requested the matter be adjourned until Oct. 26, at which time her defence counsel, Niagara Falls lawyer Geoffrey Hadfield, is expected to make arrangements for a bail hearing for his client.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly
Back