GUILTY Canada - Marissa Whalen, 2, Fort Erie, Ont, 29 July 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Remains in Marissa case not ID’d yet

Police say investigators have not yet confirmed the identity of the child's remains found in connection with the Marissa Whalen investigation and that efforts to positively identify those remains might not be completed until the new year.

More: http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3380817

That is really strange. It seems obvious that LE was lead to the place where Marissa was found. Dental even without records should show the age of the body as well as the bones themselves. I'm going to guess there is hair and bone marrow. This is so messed up. The mother is alive to compare DNA with (mitochondrial). There was likely hair associated with her body. Whatever it takes for the investigation to succeed, I support it. It seems that DNA can make or break a case now. In the past, bodies were confirmed without DNA and convictions came out of those trials regularly. Lawyers will shoot anything down now to cause doubt. As if that body isn't Marissa. Argh...

Murder charge added in Marissa Whalen case

The mother of Marissa Whalen is now charged with 2nd degree murder in her daughter's death.

In Fort Erie court Tuesday, charges of criminal negligence causing death & accessory after the fact to murder against Roseanne Whalen were upgraded to murder. She's also charged with indignity to human remains.

[snip]

We're still waiting for DNA tests to confirm remains found on Six Nations territory near Brantford belong to the little girl. It could be into the new year before we find out for sure, though police are confident.

http://www.610cktb.com/news/local/Story.aspx?ID=1582326

http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3427939

Almost three months after being delivered to the Centre of Forensic Sciences in Toronto, the tiny body discovered in a wooded area near Brantford remains without a name.

While Niagara police believe the body to be that of missing Fort Erie toddler Marissa Whalen, detectives cannot conclusively identify the remains pending forensic confirmation from the Toronto lab.

Roseanne Whalen, 23, appeared briefly in a St. Catharines court Friday via a video link from the prison she's called home since her arrest Oct. 14.

The Fort Erie woman is charged with second-degree murder, criminal negligence causing death and accessory after the fact to murder.

She is scheduled to appear in court in Fort Erie Jan. 17 to set a date for her trial.

Meanwhile, Amanda Dipota, 30, is set to appear in court in St. Catharines Jan. 13.

The Niagara Falls resident is charged with accessory after the fact to murder and indignity to human remains.

Dipota's sister Rainbow Hill, 28, will appear in St. Catharines court on Jan. 25. The Fort Erie woman is also charged with second-degree murder.

What did they do to this precious baby girl that she can't be identified? :(

What did they do to this precious baby girl that she can't be identified? :(

Could it be because she rarely had doctor's visits, so there were little medical records to help identify her?

How sad! How can a "mother" do this to her child? How could she not care? I will never understand! :furious: :furious: :furious: :maddening: :maddening: :maddening:

Marissa you beautiful child with your haunting soulful eyes may you rest in peace and fly with the angels. Your time with us was way too short.

Attachments

• RIP Marissa.png
    RIP Marissa.png
    176.2 KB · Views: 60
Marissa is beautiful. RIP. I'm sorry your mommy did what she did. How dare people kill innocent babies.

Details emerge of abuse, murder of Ont. toddler
Court documents tell tale of hellish home life

Two agreed statements of fact were released Friday, after QMI Agency successfully argued against a publication ban imposed last month. The documents give the public its first glimpse into the hellish life of abuse the Fort Erie, Ont., toddler suffered and what happened on July 29, 2011.

Two days after her second birthday, Marissa was kicked in the stomach by her mother's romantic partner, Rainbow Hill, before being taken to a bathroom for a bath.
OMG. GRRRRRRRRRRR.....so many details and I will try to find the released statement of facts even though this article states enough to make me want to commit violence against these two. Sounds like the step-father was also involved in covering up the murder.

1297242397704_ORIGINAL.jpg

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/07/12/details-emerge-of-abuse-murder-of-ont-toddler

Marissa received a fatal injury in the bathroom. Hill carried the lifeless, dead or dying Marissa in her arms out of the bathroom, and Hill's stepfather, Patrick McKay, called 911. Hill can be heard on the recording of the call urging her stepfather to cancel the ambulance and hang up the phone. When police and ambulance responded anyway, Hill and others lied to get them to leave.

Hill, her sister Amanda Dipota and Whalen wrapped Marissa's body in a blanket and garbage bag and later that night drove 2 ½ hours to the Six Nations area, and buried her in a dark, secluded spot in the woods.

The trio returned Aug. 3 and dug up the child's remains, then removed the bag and blanket – which they later burned -- and reburied her.

On Oct. 8, 2011, Whalen reported Marissa missing to the police.

So reburial DOES happen and even MOTHERS DO IT!!! OMG!! Are you frigging kidding me???

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/07/12/details-emerge-of-abuse-murder-of-ont-toddler

Marissa suffered repeated physical abuse, including having her face smashed into a wall and being force-fed. At times, Marissa had to be hidden from public view because repeated assaults left bruises her face.

Two days prior to the murder of Marissa, in a text message exchange between Hill and Whalen about the toddler's noticeable injuries, Whalen warned Hill that she gets so angry at the child that she's going to end up killing her.

I don't think the statement of facts are publicly released yet but I'll try and post as soon as I see them.

Why does this say "Found safe" when Marissa is deceased?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly
Back