CANADA Canada - Montreal, WhtMale 20s, bright red hair, 'Michel' on bracelet, Jul'11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think it would help clear up the elastic thing if we knew what kind - do they mean an elastic hairband, a normal elastic rubber band, or some that IS elastic and rubber, but bigger? Or, like you mentioned, a bicep band. I also agree that it's possible he wasn't reported missing and might be years down the line, when someone realises he hasn't been in touch in 10 years or something.

And wearing rubberbands around one's wrist is also common, but there are a lot of reasons why and sometimes it's just style or function. But it wouldn't have been on the upper arm, unless it worked its way up there on impact.

I know rubber bands can be used as an alternate to self-harm practices like cutting.

BTW I like Josh Bowe as the UID.

The photo is not very good. When I first glanced at it, I thought the man was wearing glasses. Is he?

@Fin -
Here is a comparison of the UID and Josh Bowe (the man you posted about)

Similarities?

They are both thin for their height - though there are height differences
UID has red hair - Josh Bowe had auburn hair
I cannot tell, but I think the UID has glasses on - Josh Bowe wears glasses
UID report 2011 - Josh Bowe 2010

Attachments

• LEFT-UID RED HEAD -  RIGHT-JOSH BOWE.jpg
    LEFT-UID RED HEAD - RIGHT-JOSH BOWE.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 245
Fin, did you submit Josh Bowe as a possible match?

I have not submitted him to date. Do you think I should? I keep looking for other possibles. I truly wish we had a better photo--like a morgue photo. They must have taken one that could be turned into a composite. The other poster is correct: we can barely tell if the UID has glasses on or not.

I have not submitted him to date. Do you think I should? I keep looking for other possibles. I truly wish we had a better photo--like a morgue photo. They must have taken one that could be turned into a composite. The other poster is correct: we can barely tell if the UID has glasses on or not.

I say submit him. The worst that could happen is we get a new rule-out :)

The biggest reason I didn't submit him last year when comparing is the weight difference. I think that he is one of the closest resemblances. The reason I really like Josh for this is because it seemed like he was a loner. His DNA is supposedly submitted, so it should be an easy rule out or confirmation. I say submit!

I sincerely wish there was more interest from the media! The public needs to see him to know that LE is looking to identify him!

wow, submit Josh Bowe. I assumed you already had. Nothing to lose, I say its him. That mouth too.

Yeah, agreed, I think you should submit Josh Bowe. The hairline and the forehead - that square strong jaw and goatee - and maybe glasses.

Oh wow defo, very similiar in features specially the nose it does look like hes wearing glasses now ive seen josh's picture

I submitted Josh Bowe for comparison to the UID Montreal July 2011 to Mission RCMP and SPVM today. I will let you know if I hear anything back. I also asked if Bowe had already been ruled out to please advise me.

I noticed in the comparison photos I posted earlier there was something strange about the UID Red Heads photo. When I re-sized it and compressed it a little the pixels came together a bit better. I think the UID's original photo was stretched and it was why it wasn't so clear or in proportion.

I have redone the photo so the proportions are about right - and tried to line up the hair line and head size a bit better.

UID on left hand side - Josh on right hand side.

Attachments

• LHS UID RED HEAD - RHS JOSH.jpg
    LHS UID RED HEAD - RHS JOSH.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 239
Still unidentified but they added the jewelry he was wearing. I don't think it was posted before.

Version_2_bracelet.JPG

http://www.spvm.qc.ca/FR/documentation/3_1_2_communiques.asp?noComm=818

Could it be a marker of some kind .. like maybe a wine bottle charm? Maybe a relic from a special event?

http://tinyurl.com/p6vbznu

I noticed in the comparison photos I posted earlier there was something strange about the UID Red Heads photo. When I re-sized it and compressed it a little the pixels came together a bit better. I think the UID's original photo was stretched and it was why it wasn't so clear or in proportion.

I have redone the photo so the proportions are about right - and tried to line up the hair line and head size a bit better.

UID on left hand side - Josh on right hand side.

Is it possible to flip the UID or Josh's photo so that they are facing the same way?

Is it possible to flip the UID or Josh's photo so that they are facing the same way?

yep, no worries. I also tried to clean up the colour a bit more - but i was starting to loose definition (what there was of it). It does give a different impression.

(Just to note: The picture of Josh (original photo) was taken at ground level while Josh sat high up in a tree - there is a lot of 'up' angle. I cropped it and enlarged it to just show his face.)

Attachments

• LHS UID RED HEAD rev- RHS JOSH.jpg
    LHS UID RED HEAD rev- RHS JOSH.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 205
Could it be a marker of some kind .. like maybe a wine bottle charm? Maybe a relic from a special event?

http://tinyurl.com/p6vbznu
It looks like the bracelet bar maybe electroplated because the plating has peeled off. Or old because if you bend the electroplate bar it weakens the plate and peels sometimes. I would think that the heavy wear on the ring and the state of the bracelet might indicate he didnt take these off and had, had them for a long time :dunno:

The Lord of the Rings Elvish script is on the inside of the ring, but not on the outside (as I can see from the angle) - though it is very well worn. The official LotR rings have the deeply engraved script both inside and outside.

Just thinking out aloud here...

When looking at images of missing persons, I was stopped with Charles T. Stone's image.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/stone_charles_t.html

stone_charles_t.jpg

•Missing Since: October 10, 2010 from Jefferson County, Alabama
•Classification: Missing
•Date Of Birth: September 11, 1993
•Height: 5'10"
•Weight: 150 lbs.
•Hair Color: Brown
•Eye Color: Brown
•Race: White

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of Disappearance
Charles T. Stone is listed as a runaway child. He left home on October 6, 2010. He may be hiding in the Trafford community
of Jefferson County.

I think if the shirt had anything written on it, or was for a particular team, they'd have mentioned that.

I don't think he's wearing glasses. Hard to tell around his eyes, but at the angle he's looking, the arm should be visible over the temple and there's nothing there. I don't think that makes him a mismatch with Josh Bowe, though. He might have taken them off for the jump or something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971
Back