ACTIVE SEARCH Canada - Nathan, 37, Vulnerable ('unable to care for self') Toronto (Jane/Sheppard) 12 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How is this possible? Someone must be helping to keep him away from being found? Or his he fallen to misadventure. Here’s fb page for any info Search for Nathan | Facebook
I've been thinking of him daily. Two comments from me - I'm almost happy there is NO news because LE haven't found a body. Secondly, why have there been no repercussions regarding Nathan's having gotten away from caregivers? This silence is, in a way, weird. MOO

I've been thinking of him daily. Two comments from me - I'm almost happy there is NO news because LE haven't found a body. Secondly, why have there been no repercussions regarding Nathan's having gotten away from caregivers? This silence is, in a way, weird. MOO
It would be further distress to the family to look at charges...I doubt there is any charge that could apply. Unfortunately adults with cognitive issues go missing. It is a huge strain on those who live with or care for them. Miscommunication happens, people storm off, early stages of dementia take a turn for the worse.

I agree, plus what would laying charges solve at this point? Main concern should be to locate him, then let the rest follow if need be. I suspect "neglect/abuse" would be the charge, but would have to be proven. Very tricky with the mentally challenged. I hate to think what could be happening to him now. Is he in the hands of drugged out or mentally deranged individuals. Is he frightened or hungry. Surely he would stand out in a crowd, enough that someone would think things weren't "kosher". Maybe LE should flood news once again?

MOO: I have worked with adults with Down syndrome for five years and wonder why Nathan would leave his phone and wallet if he was making his way bay to Kitchener? Most of my adult students are so very organised with their belongings. Even those with very limited communication skills. I don’t know Nathan or what he was like, but I can’t name one of my students with Down syndrome (approx 30 individuals) that is not organised and very aware of their belongings.
Yes, I agree. I worked with them too, and if anything, they insist on taking too much stuff with them and would not leave a wallet behind. Yet apparently he had a $20 bill on him.

Regarding the caregivers who were with Nathan - perhaps not legal charges are needed but the situation itself certainly must have been looked at by someone. We, the public, don’t need to know how the situation was dealt with, but hopefully it was looked at enough to TRY to prevent another person going missing.

Maybe another huge appeal for Nathan needs to be announced before the weather gets colder?

A big search, possibly at Kelso, was recently completed by a group the family went to for assistance. Nathan spent happy times at Kelso apparently. Searches in the Fall may yield better results due to weeds dying off if misadventure was the cause of his disappearance. I just don't understand how he wasn't seen on ANY cameras in the area unless someone did pick him up at his home.
While it's always good to remain positive, I really can't see anyone hiding/holding him this long.

Was Nathan completely alone when he went missing or had he been separated from a caregiver In/near the last location?
Nathan was newly living with a relative. There was a miscommunication and he was reported missing. Last seen at an intersection in Toronto without his phone. It is reported he had 20 dollars. Some family members believe he was capable of making his way to his old hometown which would require others to help him (bus drivers and others). I believe he became lost in one of the many wooded areas near his home. Part if the family have assessed him as more capable than first reported.

Nathan was newly living with a relative. There was a miscommunication and he was reported missing. Last seen at an intersection in Toronto without his phone. It is reported he had 20 dollars. Some family members believe he was capable of making his way to his old hometown which would require others to help him (bus drivers and others). I believe he became lost in one of the many wooded areas near his home. Part if the family have assessed him as more capable than first reported.
OK, so was the whole situation of "living in Toronto" totally foreign to Nathan? Was he confused/overwhelmed by such a huge city compared with the K-W region? Perhaps Nathan was "taken" by former family/friends in K-W? I'm sure all of this has been investigated but it's so long now I'm feeling that he has NOT been a victim of foul play. Praying for that outcome.

This missing person is very disturbing and confusing. Are his parents still alive? Could they or his sister go on tv/radio to make a plea to him? Besides moving into new surroundings and a different caretaker, could something else have triggered his flight? Have the hard questions been asked? Why hasn't LE given an update and put this forward in current news to keep jogging peoples memories etc.

This missing person is very disturbing and confusing. Are his parents still alive? Could they or his sister go on tv/radio to make a plea to him? Besides moving into new surroundings and a different caretaker, could something else have triggered his flight? Have the hard questions been asked? Why hasn't LE given an update and put this forward in current news to keep jogging peoples memories etc.
What's bothering me the most now is the silence from everyone. I've been wondering about the "hard questions" as you say. Is everyone content to allow Nathan to simply remain missing? I'm also confused.

What's bothering me the most now is the silence from everyone. I've been wondering about the "hard questions" as you say. Is everyone content to allow Nathan to simply remain missing? I'm also confused.
I'm on the facebook page and they are still organizing poster deliveries. I don't know what relationship they have with Nathan, I don't know if they are family or friends but they're quite upset.

Are we allowed to talk about Facebook here? The people who set up the search for Nathan page posted today. I don't want to break any rules but it has new information.
I tried to read the FB page but when I get to « more » it cuts me off. I’m very confused but I also am afraid to post my questions here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back