Found Deceased Canada - Nick Lush, 32, Calgary, 29 March 2015 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Collecting friends is a past time to some, and is a social norm, even if you don't know the person. The woman from Red Deer has over 1000. Some even collect to increase that number.

FB even suggests friends based on friends of friends, so the connection is just a click away, especially if you find the person attractive. How many friend requests have you received from people you don't know... especially from men?

I totally understand that. I will compile a list of these common friends and see if I can rationalize that. I really think if you recognized these names you would be alarmed.

I totally understand that. I will compile a list of these common friends and see if I can rationalize that. I really think if you recognized these names you would be alarmed.
I don't see an accumulation of wealth, a protection of privacy or loved ones, or a particularly high level of sophistication. They all seem to come from different backgrounds and each have their own story... although anything is possible, there is a reason there are witnesses, interruptions and LE involvement.

An idea that I am contemplating is if NL left the party after a fight if he could have met up with someone to back him up and they went on to grab another person and assaulted him on the road. Surely someone at the house party had his back that night.
Very clever theory, but then wouldn't the accomplices disappear too, or let the wife know not to raise suspicions?

We don't know the source of the "fight" story... but if it's the same as the "on foot" story, then it may not be accurate as well.

If the burnt car is the same as the assault car, then a second party and getaway vehicle will be necessary. Minimum of two suspects is likely... and coincidental?

Nick Lush, Ursula Baunok, and Jessica Newman all currently missing (see threads) all have friends in common including names of those recently arrested or are at large with recent warrants (some names have been listed in the threads) It is hard to know who Jessica's friends are as her friends list is private but when I look to her ex family and follow their friends' list (including her roommate) there is a 1-2 degree separation. We have got strippers, men who love strippers, gang members, and criminals. What is going on here?

And another missing man, Joseph Hornby, from Calgary. Having trouble posting the Twitter link again, but it is up thread somewhere. Going to take a look for connections between friends there as well on his FB.

The 1/2 or 6 degrees of seperation fascinates me. As I look at profiles I am shocked with the number of mutual friends or friends of friends that I have in common with these people. LoisLane, I sent you a message!

On Twitter I noticed posts by Jana_Pruden about the " strange scene" " NOT the USUAL car crash response"
I haven't seen any update though.

"One motorist reported seeing flames on his way to work."

" That same highway at Parkland Drive was where investigators found the body of Allen Neil Wilson on Sept. 21, 2014, a missing 18-year-old man from New Brunswick. On Oct. 22, 2014, Mounties charged Garrett Michael Oshvalda, a 55-year-old man from Stony Plain in connection with the death, the third for Stony Plain/Spruce Grove RCMP that year."

" Stony Plain RCMP are expected to give an update at 10 a.m. on Saturday about the death of the person in the burned out vehicle."

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/04/03/body-found-in-burnt-car-west-of-edmonton

RCMP are continue to investigate after a body was found within the cab of a burned-out vehicle in Parkland County.

<snip>

“It's an unusual file so often times they will be called in as experts to come and assist with those investigations and that's what this is this case,” Cpl Sharon Franks told CTV News.

Franks added that the death has not yet been ruled suspicious.

<snip>

Officials said the vehicle and the body have been removed from the location.

The deceased person’s identity and age have not been released.

An autopsy has been scheduled for Tuesday, April 7.

http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/mobile/r...er-body-found-in-burned-out-vehicle-1.2311847

"One motorist reported seeing flames on his way to work."

" That same highway at Parkland Drive was where investigators found the body of Allen Neil Wilson on Sept. 21, 2014, a missing 18-year-old man from New Brunswick. On Oct. 22, 2014, Mounties charged Garrett Michael Oshvalda, a 55-year-old man from Stony Plain in connection with the death, the third for Stony Plain/Spruce Grove RCMP that year."

" Stony Plain RCMP are expected to give an update at 10 a.m. on Saturday about the death of the person in the burned out vehicle."

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/04/03/body-found-in-burnt-car-west-of-edmonton

There is also a more recent case, although they do not specify Spruce or Stony, they do say West of Edmonton. Tu, is still missing.

http://www.albertapolicereport.ca/2...-after-vehicle-recovered-burned-west-of-city/
<snip>
"Edmonton, Alberta - The Edmonton Police Service is requesting the public&#8217;s assistance for a Missing Person investigation. Cuong Tu, 31, (also known as Charles or Charlie Tu) was last seen on the south side of Edmonton on Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at approximately 10 p.m.

Cuong Tu, 31, (also known as Charles or Charlie Tu)

The vehicle he was driving &#8211; a Black 2013 Dodge Ram with Alberta licence plate BJY5725 &#8211; was located west of Edmonton the following morning (Mar. 12) abandoned and completely burned."

Did websleuths cover the murder of Ken Law of Calgary back in Sept 2011 ? I searched his name but didn't find anything. It is as far as I can tell, a still unsolved murder, by lighting him afire while tied in his car. ( I realize likely totally unrelated but I felt bad that the case was never solved when I came across it today) there are other Calgary links but they get buried in newer stories for me anyway. So I will use this one :
http://beaconnews.ca/blog/2012/09/one-year-anniversary-of-the-grissly-death-of-ken-law/

Does the article you linked appear different from when you posted it? Edit time says 2:19 pm. I don't see anything about the presser scheduled.

I would think at the very least RCMP could confirm the make of the vehicle now and the victim identity is held off until the autopsy on Tuesday.
That is the latest article - here is a paste:

RCMP say the Edmonton Medical Examiner’s office will be seeking to determine the exact cause of death and the identity of the deceased at an autopsy scheduled for April 7.

RCMP say they will update media with more information at 4 p.m. Saturday.

----

I had to fix the spelling because it bugged me, but the presser info is near the bottom.

ETA: The RCMP media releases:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ab/news-nouvelles/index-2015-eng.htm

As of 6 hours ago... wife still knows nothing... according to FB.
The family of the man shot by CPS recently, found out the man died by reading a news article on Facebook. The police didn't contact them for eleven hours after the incident. Social-media has made it possible for instant news so sadly, we will see more of this to come.

Hopefully they will inform this family sooner, if indeed this turns out to be NL.

I suspect they can't make a positive ID until Tuesday - With the holiday and the fact that the body is probably unrecognizable, they will need dental records and DNA confirmation. Most Dentists would be closed until Tuesday.

I suspect they can't make a positive ID until Tuesday - With the holiday and the fact that the body is probably unrecognizable, they will need dental records and DNA confirmation. Most Dentists would be closed until Tuesday.

If they assume to know the victim, then the dentist would be consulted immediately. LE doesn't need to wait for regular business hours. But, you are right saying that they won't be in a huge rush to notify the public.

If they assume to know the victim, then the dentist would be consulted immediately. LE doesn't need to wait for regular business hours. But, you are right saying that they won't be in a huge rush to notify the public.
They already stated that the autopsy won't be preformed until Tuesday.

<snip>
"Heald said Lush didn&#8217;t know anyone other than his cousin at the party and wasn&#8217;t much of a drinker.

&#8220;He even questioned if he wanted to go or not,&#8221; she said.

&#8220;It wasn&#8217;t really his thing, he stayed home.

&#8220;Him and Denise weren&#8217;t apart much.&#8221;

Heald said Lush&#8217;s cousin left the party at some point, but he stayed.

He was seen leaving the party with two men some time after midnight."

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/04/0...heartfelt-appeal-for-32-year-olds-safe-return

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed
Back