GUILTY Canada - Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia, Ont, 31 Dec 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused and wish they would just release something

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2013/01/02/20468716.html
SARNIA, Ont. - Police are not saying if a female body found in a woodlot outside of Sarnia, Ont., is that of 27-year-old Noelle Paquette, who went missing after a New Year’s Even party in the southwestern Ontario city.

Provincial police said the body was found on a rural property around 10:30 a.m. Wednesdsay, but would not confirm the identity.

A criminal investigation unit has been called in to lead the investigation

I would speculate that part of the delay in making a public announcement would be that they are waiting until autopsy is complete.

Additionally, it was the Sarnia Police who initially began the investigation, but the OPP has taken it over due to the location that the body was found....which in itself would indicate to me that the body is unfortunately NP.

SARNIA, Ont. - Police are not saying if a female body found in a woodlot outside of Sarnia, Ont., is that of 27-year-old Noelle Paquette, who went missing after a New Year’s Even party in the southwestern Ontario city.

Provincial police said the body was found on a rural property around 10:30 a.m. Wednesdsay, but would not confirm the identity.

I hope this is the special unit from the OPP, utilizing the VICLAS system, and headed by Det.-Sgt. Jim Smythe.

Bad feeling about this one. Hoping it is otherwise, though.:please:

Why has there not been an appeal to the public for information?

What about asking the store owners, party goers etc. to review photos and videos?

Is it possible she was hit by a vehicle while she was walking on the road and left in the ditch?

Violent Crime Linkage System (ViCLAS)

....a system was required to identify and track serial violent crime/criminals. The Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) Advisory Committee, comprised of the major police services across the country, agreed on the need for a central repository to capture, collate and compare violent crimes.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/tops-opst/bs-sc/viclas-salvac-eng.htm

Is it possible she was hit by a vehicle while she was walking on the road and left in the ditch?

Yes, I thinks so, but, it has been stated that where she was recovered was 12 miles/kms (?) south of the downtown party she was at, and not in a direction she would have travelled to get home, which was actually quite far from the party.

Also, the things being posted by those who knew her seem to indicate otherwise, and also there was a scene of some sort, as indicated by LE last night.

BREAKING: Lambton OPP have confirmed the body found Wednesday in a woodlot on Mandaumin Road is that of Noelle Paquette, 27, of Courtright. Her death is being treated as suspicious. A dedicated tip line has been set up at 855-835-5677.

From the Sarnia Observer.

Bumping my post from last night.

Experience scouring news articles indicates to me that there is more than just a body recovered here:

So, I wonder what a "death incident" means???

Lambton OPP spokesperson Const. Chrystal Jones said, "The victim was located in a woodlot on Mandaumin Road between Petrolia Line and Rokeby Line in St Clair township."

Jones said the OPP is investigating "a death incident" in relation to the body.

She asked anyone with a tip to call the Lambton OPP tip line. That number is (855)-835-5677.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windso...ng-sarnia.html

BREAKING: Lambton OPP have confirmed the body found Wednesday in a woodlot on Mandaumin Road is that of Noelle Paquette, 27, of Courtright. Her death is being treated as suspicious. A dedicated tip line has been set up at 855-835-5677.

From the Sarnia Oberver.

Great, thank-you for posting, this was necessary, IMO, as was the Tip Line.

Check your video and photo's from New Year's folks, before AND after.

just starting popping up all over MSM FB pages.

RIP Noelle :(

She would not have been walking where the body was found.

There was a case here at WS last year, I think, where a woman and her ex-husband were in a car accident after leaving a Christmas party. The man was driving and was intoxicated and died upon impact. The wife somehow escaped the car after the accident, and they found 1 shoe in the snow near the car. They searched for days for the wife, and ended up finding her in a field, because she had become disoriented after the accident, and because she was so drunk, and had tried to walk for help. She ended up passing out and dying of hypothermia, I believe. I can't recall the names at all.

Don't you think it is possible that Noelle could have been disoriented and walking in a strange field, if she had been under the influence? Total hypothetical, not saying she was drinking or anything else, because I just don't think that's what happened.

I hope this is the special unit from the OPP, utilizing the VICLAS system, and headed by Det.-Sgt. Jim Smythe.

Bad feeling about this one. Hoping it is otherwise, though.:please:

Why has there not been an appeal to the public for information?

What about asking the store owners, party goers etc. to review photos and videos?

Both have been done.

There was a case here at WS last year, I think, where a woman and her ex-husband were in a car accident after leaving a Christmas party. The man was driving and was intoxicated and died upon impact. The wife somehow escaped the car after the accident, and they found 1 shoe in the snow near the car. They searched for days for the wife, and ended up finding her in a field, because she had become disoriented after the accident, and because she was so drunk, and had tried to walk for help. She ended up passing out and dying of hypothermia, I believe. I can't recall the names at all.

Don't you think it is possible that Noelle could have been disoriented and walking in a strange field, if she had been under the influence? Total hypothetical, not saying she was drinking or anything else, because I just don't think that's what happened.

It does make you think though... NYE and possible drivers under the influence. Maybe she *was* accidentally hit while walking, driver panicked and attempted to hide the body in a more remote location?

I suppose anything is possible but this would seem far fetched. Also, there is no reports of any accident in or around that scene and the location is far from her home.

It does make you think though... NYE and possible drivers under the influence. Maybe she *was* accidentally hit while walking, driver panicked and attempted to hide the body in a more remote location?

That is certainly plausible. Note that the latest Sarnia Observer statement on FB says that the death is "suspicious".

I would doubt it... you'd have to be really blitzed to walk from downtown Sarnia to the area noted without noticing.... AND in heels (I believe they said she was in heels) in wintery conditions?

... I would doubt it... if one were so blitzed not to notice leaving a well lit city for the country roads I would doubt their ability to walk at all...

Police treating 27-year-old’s death as suspicious

Lambton OPP have confirmed the body found Wednesday morning in a woodlot in Sarnia-Lambton is Noelle Paquette.

The 27-year-old Sarnia woman went missing after she left a New Year's Eve party around Christina and Lochiel streets in Sarnia after 2 a.m.

Her death is being treated as suspicious pending the results of an autopsy in London.

A massive police-organized search party Wednesday morning was called off after Paquette's body was found at 10:30 a.m. in a woodlot on Mandaumin Road between Petrolia and Rokeby lines.

The roadway has been closed ever since as officers with the West Region Emergency Response Team (ERT) continue to search for evidence. It's unclear how long it will remain closed, OPP said.

An autopsy is planned for the coming days at London Health Sciences Centre and Sarnia police and OPP are working together on the investigation.......

http://www.theobserver.ca/2013/01/03/police-treating-death-27-year-olds-death-as-suspicious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IdreamofJeannie