GUILTY Canada - Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia, Ont, 31 Dec 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first chance to post since I saw the confirmation that the body was indeed Noelle's.

My deepest and most heartfelt condolences to Noelle's family, friends and community. :(

Rest peacefully Noelle.

:rose: :rose: :rose:

I had posted this map earlier:

https://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=210398929673044873899.0004d2564808155e6219e&msa=0&ll=42.894076,-82.310257&spn=0.301827,0.454559

I had identified the woodlot that our excellent geographer (Addersly) identified. (Me by pure guessing as it was the obvious woodlot in the vicinity.)

I did put a marker where I guessed Noelle's house was in Courtright, as I had recalled that she lived on a street beginning with "T" and right by the store. So can you confirm that she lived at 110 Templeton? If so I will move my pin a couple of streets over.

Thanks.

It's the only woodlot on the stretch of road that they have closed off. :)

Good job on the maps

She couldn't/wouldn't have walked that route.

Her last sighting was Wellington/Christina St, walking, she'd have continued straight on Christina, then over to Vidal, which becomes River Rd (and changes names about 5 times before going directly into Courtright.

To get from where she was sighted to where she was found, you'd go Wellington, to Indian Rd, then left on Plank Rd to Mandaumin.

To get from where she was found (Mandaumin between Petrolia and Rokeby-which is different from what your map shows) to her home, you'd continue down Mandaumin 2 concessions to Courtright Line rather than go back to the 402.

You're right- there is no way she ended up in that woodlot on her own by walking from Sarnia. Hypothermia would have set in long before she made it there. I imagine "the Plank" would have been the quickest route from Sarnia to the area she was found if she disappeared from very close to where she had last been seen. Unless the person(s) who transported her drove along the river to Corunna then cut up Petrolia Line. Not sure where RIDE checks were in Lambton County on New Year's Eve but the drive along the river from Sarnia to Courtright can be somewhat slow with increased probability of meeting other vehicles as opposed to the relatively straight route on Plank Rd. IMO

(I am somewhat local to the area and have traveled those roads many, many times.)

I want to hear more about the Party. Why she left on her own. Why she was walking alone. She certainly wasn't walking home????????

actually what she said was her"s were through the middle, some over lapping the sides and that her boyfriend was walking around the fresh tire tracks..I would like to add that IMO with the amount of time she had been missing and the amount of snow that was falling there is NO WAY that this area should look this fresh after 2 days

Did Sarnia get a lot of snow on New Year's Day? Between the time that Noelle went missing, around 2:30 a.m. on Jan 1 (I believe the thread has the incorrect date and that she actually went missing in the wee hours of Jan 1), and the time the photo was taken, sometime in the evening of the same day, I know there wasn't any more that a trace of snow, if any, that fell where I live, about an hour away.

Sarnia might have received some snow though. Unfortunately that's the one day that the data is missing for Sarnia from the weather archives!

Good job on the maps...I noticed railroads on the map.....where was this protest (Idlenomore) supposedly alot of people have been in sarnia for this protest. The blockade was taken down Jan 2, but where was it? Which ever way she walked towards home, she would have to cross tracks, was it near the blockade that they had set up???? Any locals here?

https://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msid=210398929673044873899.0004d2564808155e6219e&msa=0&ll=42.894076,-82.310257&spn=0.301827,0.454559

I had identified the woodlot that our excellent geographer (Addersly) identified. (Me by pure guessing as it was the obvious woodlot in the vicinity.)

I did put a marker where I guessed Noelle's house was in Courtright, as I had recalled that she lived on a street beginning with "T" and right by the store. So can you confirm that she lived at 110 Templeton? If so I will move my pin a couple of streets over.

Thanks.

Good job on the maps...I noticed railroads on the map.....where was this protest (Idlenomore) supposedly alot of people have been in sarnia for this protest. The blockade was taken down Jan 2, but where was it? Which ever way she walked towards home, she would have to cross tracks, was it near the blockade that they had set up???? Any locals here?

I am not 100 % sure but I believe the protest was on the cn line on Degurse drive area. (Correction. I don't think that is where it was. I will see if I can find out. It was on or near Native land though) I doubt she walked that far in her high heeled boots.

Honestly, in my heart, I don't think she got off of Christina st before something happened to her. No proof. Just my thoughts with what she was wearing etc.

Thanks.

Sorry! My mistake! I didn't see the little house icon :/ ... there is only one Paquette household listed in Courtright. I was just making an assumption on that. Which I probably shouldnt have done.

She couldn't/wouldn't have walked that route.

Her last sighting was Wellington/Christina St, walking, she'd have continued straight on Christina, then over to Vidal, which becomes River Rd (and changes names about 5 times before going directly into Courtright.

To get from where she was sighted to where she was found, you'd go Wellington, to Indian Rd, then left on Plank Rd to Mandaumin.

To get from where she was found (Mandaumin between Petrolia and Rokeby-which is different from what your map shows) to her home, you'd continue down Mandaumin 2 concessions to Courtright Line rather than go back to the 402.

I wasnt trying to establish a specific route, just put the locations in google map & it determines the best route to take. I have no idea which way she walked, would have walked, or did or didnt walk obviously.

Idle No More blockade cleared from Sarnia, Ont. rail line

SARNIA, Ont. - Rail cars are expected to move along a CN spur line Thursday after an Ontario court judge asked that the 13-day protest end.

The blockade was part of the nation-wide Idle No More protests of the federal government’s handling of First Nations issues.

1297359078806_ORIGINAL.jpg

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/01/03/idle-no-more-protesters-cleared-from-sarnia-ont-rail-line

Video of protesters here:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/protes...ade-in-sarnia-ont-on-judge-s-orders-1.1099229

I am not 100 % sure but I believe the protest was on the cn line on Degurse drive area. (Correction. I don't think that is where it was. I will see if I can find out. It was on or near Native land though) I doubt she walked that far in her high heeled boots.

Honestly, in my heart, I don't think she got off of Christina st before something happened to her. No proof. Just my thoughts with what she was wearing etc.

Sigh, I think that I agree with you. But for the sake of conversation, she was wearing a Columbian jacket: http://www.columbiasportswear.ca/ they are very good coats for winter wear. no idea on the boots.

Could one of the locals let us know where this blockade was in relation to the downtown party location? There are several pictures from the links above.

Also, can anyone verify if there were trains held up in Sarnia due to this blockage, and if so, people in town due to that (eg. CN workers etc)?

I want to hear more about the Party. Why she left on her own. Why she was walking alone. She certainly wasn't walking home????????

Posts on the original FB page said that she left alone upset after getting into an argument with a boyfriend. A girlfriend wanted her to get a ride home but she refused. Sorry, I can't link to anything with the page now deleted. Does anyone else that read the original discussions on that page recall reading that account of the party as well?

Did Sarnia get a lot of snow on New Year's Day? Between the time that Noelle went missing, around 2:30 a.m. on Jan 1 (I believe the thread has the incorrect date and that she actually went missing in the wee hours of Jan 1), and the time the photo was taken, sometime in the evening of the same day, I know there wasn't any more that a trace of snow, if any, that fell where I live, about an hour away.

Sarnia might have received some snow though. Unfortunately that's the one day that the data is missing for Sarnia from the weather archives!

No. None.

Our last snowfall was Dec 26-27th. About a foot, or maybe a bit less fell. None since.

Could one of the locals let us know where this blockade was in relation to the downtown party location? There are several pictures from the links above.

Also, can anyone verify if there were trains held up in Sarnia due to this blockage, and if so, people in town due to that (eg. CN workers etc)?

I am almost positive that "Idle No More" was set up on the rail line that crosses Hwy 40/Modeland Rd. Its hard to explain where that is.....in relation to this, but IMO it she would not have interacted with them on either route. AFAIK there were NOT a large amount of additional people in town (Protesters or CN) as a result.

ETA- looking at the map posted above, you can see the rail line on Churchill Rd half way between HWY 40 and Modeland Rd. I think that is where the protest was set up.

Posts on the original FB page said that she left alone upset after getting into an argument with a boyfriend. A girlfriend wanted her to get a ride home but she refused. Sorry, I can't link to anything with the page now deleted. Does anyone else that read the original discussions on that page recall reading that account of the party as well?

Yep aware of that thanks. Unless it hits MSM we cant discuss it here :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member