GUILTY Canada - Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia, Ont, 31 Dec 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i totally was thinking same as your number 3 question ,,,i guess we ll find soon enough
i wonder how they gonna plead ?and when?

yes someone let us know about posting photo of just TB s house however I dont know if it was owned by her or just a rental ...

It would depend on what tomorrows court date is for and if the layers all have disclosure etc, honestly I think it is going to be a while before disclosure is given to the lawyers seeing as there was a lot of scenes to process. Pleading could take up to 6 months to a year ( I'm just guessing). For all we know tomorrow they could file a motion to have a change of venues then there is deciding where to change it to, finding a place that will take it etc. So I wouldn't be looking for pleas anytime soon, unless they both plan on entering a not guilty plea and taking it to trial. I'm just going by some of the other trials I know about so this is JMO.

I've hear that TB owns the house, again that's not verified, just what I've been told by several people.

It would depend on what tomorrows court date is for and if the layers all have disclosure etc, honestly I think it is going to be a while before disclosure is given to the lawyers seeing as there was a lot of scenes to process. Pleading could take up to 6 months to a year ( I'm just guessing). For all we know tomorrow they could file a motion to have a change of venues then there is deciding where to change it to, finding a place that will take it etc. So I wouldn't be looking for pleas anytime soon, unless they both plan on entering a not guilty plea and taking it to trial. I'm just going by some of the other trials I know about so this is JMO.

I've hear that TB owns the house, again that's not verified, just what I've been told by several people.

I don't think they would be discussing a change in venue prior to a plea. If they were to both enter a guilty plea, there would be no trial and no need for a change of venue. That being said, there is always a possibility of more charges being added at the next court appearance as more time has passed and more evidence has been processed as well as the autopsy is now complete. Since they are withholding the info as to how she died, it will certainly be interesting to see if more charges are added and what they are.

There is some confusion about what life in Canada means.
For a conviction of First Degree Murder , it carries a 25 year sentence before a parole hearing is available to them.
Pretty much , if convicted, these two will never , ever see the outside of a prison again.
KH is an anomaly to this as that deal the devil had her only sentenced to 12 years. Her role in those crimes at the time of the deal was not what was later found out to actually be, which was much, much , much more then originally thought.

Just because you have a set parole hearing date does not mean you will get it. I don't see anyone getting a deal in this case, either.
They can point the fingers all they want at each other but, if your in for a penny your in for a pound here.. no matter who did what, they are both guilty of the highest crime just being involved. Accessories before , during or after the fact, are all charged with the same charges.
Leniency is not expected for either of these two nut jobs.

A change of venue will is very likely. Although I personally feel they should be tried right here.

A change of venue will is very likely. Although I personally feel they should be tried right here.

I know how you feel, although I would personally rather see them get a fair, airtight trial so any appeal would be denied as well...even if that means a change of venue.

I don't think they would be discussing a change in venue prior to a plea. If they were to both enter a guilty plea, there would be no trial and no need for a change of venue. That being said, there is always a possibility of more charges being added at the next court appearance as more time has passed and more evidence has been processed as well as the autopsy is now complete. Since they are withholding the info as to how she died, it will certainly be interesting to see if more charges are added and what they are.

True some points I didn't get around to thinking about ....

Leniency is not expected for either of these two nut jobs.

GOOD!

Just to clarify, they are to appear in court on Thursday Jan. 10th, not tomorrow. It was on our local news tonight.

JMO I think TB is going to go against MM so she can get a deal. I saw someone mention on here that TB was working at a bar that night on Christina St. Can anyone verify this? Or is it just hearsay at this point? I know she worked at a nursing home, but did not know she also worked in a bar. Also AC who is the girl that claimed to have a gut feeling on where NP was, can anyone verify that she was working at a tattoo shop four doors down from where NP left the party. I saw someone mention on here awhile back that AC was at the shop until 2am. If that is true, it seems really fishy to me that she found the location of the body on just a premonition or feeling.

I am in the US so I can't speak for Canada, but here you would never see a guilty plea entered at this stage, with the charges that they are facing.

It would be customary to enter a not guilty plea or more likely a continuance, to insure that the parties are properly represented and to allow time to gather information.

I cant think of any case of this nature where a guilty plea was entered quickly , other then TLM..

hello everyone .. i am new to joining the discussion. i have read all of the previous threads and current up to date on every message ... i am from sarnia i live close to where tanya lived!! i have heard many thing going around town. as i knew sweet beautiful noelle since my younger years. we are all very hurting and it is so nice to see everyone in our community come to together for love and support ...

i would like to add the balloons the were mentioned that were at tanyas house - is in fact on the neighbors house out front on a tree - most likely to show respect.

i know several things that occurred that evening due to having friends and close friends of friends who were there as well!!!

MR didn't enter a plea of not guilty until February 29, 2012 from what I can find, and that was only weeks before his trial...almost 3 years after the crime was committed.

Hello everyone.

I have been reading all your posts. Very well done.

I have a question though. Please forgive me if there has already been evidence to the contrary.

Is it at all possible that this was an Impaired Driving crime that was made worse by those "people", TB, MM.

Perhaps they were trying to cover up the initial crime and made the situation far worse?

I know that hand, wrist and arm injuries to the driver are indicative of a motor vehicle impact.

Thanks for letting me comment.

Hi Local-np2012!
:Welcome1:
:welcome5:

MR didn't enter a plea of not guilty until February 29, 2012 from what I can find, and that was only weeks before his trial...almost 3 years after the crime was committed.

He was convicted, and is appealing that conviction now.

His reasons for appealing

Rafferty’s original appeal documents – filed from Kingston Penitentiary and received by the Ontario Court of Appeal on July 26 — say the jury didn’t understand the “evidentiary requirement” to convict for first-degree murder

Hello everyone.

I have a question though. Please forgive me if there has already been evidence to the contrary.

Is it at all possible that this was an Impaired Driving crime that was made worse by those "people", TB, MM.

Perhaps they were trying to cover up the initial crime and made the situation far worse?

I know that hand, wrist and arm injuries to the driver are indicative of a motor vehicle impact.

Hi Frasier! I was thinking that was what happened but when the accused were charged with first degree murder, that idea went poof.

Welcome to the forum!:welcome3:

Rafferty’s original appeal documents – filed from Kingston Penitentiary and received by the Ontario Court of Appeal on July 26 — say the jury didn’t understand the “evidentiary requirement” to convict for first-degree murder

Hello everyone.

cameras have shown that is was not a hit and run!!!!!

...and hopefully this appeal will be thrown out and he will rot in jail forever.

I should have quoted or explained better what I was getting at. I was only implying how long it could take before we ever a plea from either of these two in NP's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member