Canada - Numerous pedestrians struck by van near Yonge and Finch, Toronto, Apr 2018 *guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...-van-crash-that-killed-10-and-injured-15.html
Providing tips to police

Toronto police have created a hotline for witnesses or anyone with information to contact investigators at 416-808-8750. A web portal has also been created for people to submit photos and videos. Tips can also be sent anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.

A separate hotline for family and friends of victims to contact police is 416-808-8085. Victim Services can be reached at 416-808-7066.
Canadian Blood Services said it is “closely monitoring the response effort in Toronto to ensure patients affected by the collision receive blood and blood products as needed.” It said members of the public who want to donate blood can visit blood.ca to book an appointment.

Members of the public concerned their loved ones might be injured in this incident can call Sunnybrook hospital’s family information and support centre at 416-480-4940.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2018/04/23/suspect-idd-as-alek-minassian-25-of-richmond-hill.html
Suspect ID’d as Alek Minassian, 25, of Richmond Hill

A LinkedIn profile for a man of the same name states he is a student at Seneca College. According to Joseph Pham, 25, who took a computer programming class with Minassian at Seneca, he was at school just last week. He described him as “socially awkward.”

“He kept to himself. He didn’t really talk to anyone,” Pham said.

A source with information confirmed to the Star that three of those who were injured attended Seneca College’s English Language Institute. Two suffered minor injuries, while one was taken away in an ambulance, status not known.
rbbm.

I’ve always been a proponent for cops but I’m just shocked after seeing video of this guy not once but three times acting like he was going to shoot and not one shot fired. It wasn’t an obscure object. He straight up pointed at the cops. Wow. I’m in awe of those cops restraint.

Probably was trying to die by LE shooting him....suicide by cop. Then he would also be a martyr to a cause. The Police Ofgice must have had a pretty good look to see it was a cell phone...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-van-attack-driver-profile-alek-minassian-1.4632435
Speculation surfaced Monday night around a Facebook post associated with the same name and the same photo as the one that appears on Minassian's LinkedIn profile. CBC News has not been able to independently verify whether the Facebook post was, indeed, written by Minassian or created after that fact and intended to mislead.
The post referred to the "Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger." Rodger was the 22-year-old California man responsible for a deadly rampage in Isla Vista, Calif., that left six people dead and a dozen more injured.
In a video posted ahead of that 2014 attack, Rodger raged about a number of women turning down his advances, rendering men like him "incels," a term used by some groups to mean "involuntarily celibate."
How the first hours after attack unfolded

View an interactive map of Yonge Street to see how authorities reacted immediately after the attack

Weapon? I thought he was unarmed, though I think he said he had a gun.

He said he had a gun and pointed a black thing at them. He wanted them to shoot him. Apparently he screamed SHOOT ME.

I probably wouldn't shoot if he yelled that--knowing it was what he wanted. Why help him be a bigger coward than he already is?

People are saying the cop had restraint not to shoot him, and I’m so pleased I live in a country where shooting someone is a last resort for the vast vast majority of police. As it should be. The cop did a magnificent job controlling the arrest.

People are saying the cop had restraint not to shoot him, and I’m so pleased I live in a country where shooting someone is a last resort for the vast vast majority of police. As it should be. The cop did a magnificent job controlling the arrest.

He is certainly an outstanding police officer. Incredible. He deserves highest possible praise and respect.

James Forcillo could learn a lot from this fine police officer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The LE officer is certainly an outstanding police officer and human being. Incredible. He deserves our highest possible praise and respect.

James Forcillo could learn a lot from this fine police officer.

MOO

ETA: so sorry about this duplicate post. I am not sure how that happened. [emoji4]🧐

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is very kind of the officer, not to have shot the killer.

I probably would have shot him when I saw the weapon---but I wouldn't have felt too awful about it. The guy just mowed down 26 people, including the elderly and women and children. Saving his life at that moment, would not have been my highest priority. Protecting others from him, if he was armed, would be a higher priority at the time.

JMO

No kindness about it. It is what professional police officers do, not 'I felt threatened when a woman in pyjamas approached my car' police officers do.

I'm so very sorry, Canada. The world is an awful place.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 210
Well done Officer. Praying for all those affected by this horror. On a side note our Police Officers are highly educated and well paid. 2 year Law and Security course at the College Level. 4 year University Degree to be even considered. Once you are you attend a Police College for I believe it's 9 months. So in essence if u don't have 6 yrs. of post secondary you will go to the bottom of the pile.

One of the 10 people killed in Monday's van attack on a busy Toronto street has been identified as Anne-Marie D'Amico, CBC News has learned.

D'Amico was reportedly an employee at Invesco, a U.S.-based investment management firm. Her next of kin have been notified. Invesco's Canadian headquarters are on Yonge Street, between Sheppard and Finch Avenues, close to the nearly one-kilometre stretch of Yonge Street where pedestrians were struck with the white rental van. Fifteen other people were injured and hospitalized.

attachment.php

Attachments

• AAwgCuS.png
    AAwgCuS.png
    528.7 KB · Views: 184
Well done Officer. Praying for all those affected by this horror. On a side note our Police Officers are highly educated and well paid. 2 year Law and Security course at the College Level. 4 year University Degree to be even considered. Once you are you attend a Police College for I believe it's 9 months. So in essence if u don't have 6 yrs. of post secondary you will go to the bottom of the pile.

oh good lord here he would have been shot in a millisecond

oh good lord here he would have been shot in a millisecond

Oh you are so right!!! I recall when the attitude of shoot the perp, ask questions later, came into popular culture here.

It all floated down from the Sheriff who allowed his men to aggressively take out the threat, immediately.

And then when body cams became popular, they either turn them off, mute them or circle the perp w/ other LE and

beat or kick the crap (or eye) outta them. LE here will shoot you if you blink and have a hand. Cause that hand looked

like it could be holdin a gun.

No kindness about it. It is what professional police officers do, not 'I felt threatened when a woman in pyjamas approached my car' police officers do.

i so agree look how many endless videos ( now with social media) the world has seen with American cops blowing people away with a lollipop in their pocket

if a couple of em got thrown in prison maybe it would slow down

i don't think the next generation , however, will tolerate Rambos running around our streets

This cop used his brain and eyes - here we use guns and bullets.

THere more measured over in Europe too -- its a cultural thing

everyone is shooting everyone up over here the wild wild west

02e96c037532b7448143fa84128b0922.jpg

I have NEVER seen so many impressive government officials in such a tragic aftermath (thanks for all the video links to those that posted so I could catch up). From first responders, to the chief and mayor etc who spoke. They were soooooooooooooooooooo eloquent and could speak so well off the cuff. Those folks here who live there should be PROUD of their city government and community services IMHO.

:rose: :rose: :rose: to those affected.

And I agree with those who stated that the video of the encounter with the LE and suspect when he was confronted was jaw dropping impressive.

Tid bits

sorry if posted -- there are only so many murders one can keep up with -- am behind --was doing the machine gun mentally ill Waffle House

he was in school last week

would say hi when passed in the hall

lived there 6-8 yrs parents and two males

jogged a lot

the home was on bankrupcy records

father outgoing

sons introverted

<modsnip>

5th grader remembered him -- as off

had tics hands would shake

[FONT=&amp]worked several software jobs while at Seneca

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]sent to a group on April 19, out of the blue. The email was described as &#8220;telling off his classmates.&#8221;

designed an app [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Toronto Green Parking Advisor

[/FONT]
<modsnip>

[FONT=&amp]allows you to search for parking locations in Toronto near a given address.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp] dispute on whether Minassian was known to law

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Sona was quoted in a 2009 story, saying she was concerned that her son, who had Asperger&#8217;s, would lose access to a Helpmate program that helped prepare him for the workplace and helped him &#8220;work through his cognitive barriers.&#8221;

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]My son would spend afternoons working with Helpmate. They were sensitive to his needs and now he has a job at Compugen here in town,&#8221;

[/FONT]
https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/alek-minassian-driver-van-hit-pedestrians-toronto-canada/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo1965
Back