Identified! Canada - Salmon Arm, BC, Remains found on rural property, Oct 2017 - Traci Genereaux

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Somewhere between leaving to pick up a telescope at her mom's house and getting there, she fell off the wagon, hit the skids, and returned to her old life of prostitution for money and drugs for entertainment. We know that the suspect was charged with drugs - meth I think - but he probably offered her anything she wanted to get her to go with him. Without the second prostitute abandoning her car and running for her life, this victim would not have been found.

Between 5 and 7 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 30, RCMP officers from Surrey were going door-to-door in the 10th Street SW area of Salmon Arm, canvassing residents about whether they remember anything of note regarding Sunday, Sept. 3 on the Labour Day weekend. Residents were shown photos of Bell to see if anyone remembered seeing her.

http://www.saobserver.net/news/police-canvass-area-regarding-missing-woman/

Just want to add for future reference JerseyGirl to your link:

[FONT=&quot]"Other residents in the area who didn’t wish to be named confirmed that Sept. 3 and a silver Ford 150 extended cab truck were of interest to the police doing the canvassing."[/FONT]

Just want to add for future reference JerseyGirl to your link:

[FONT="]"Other residents in the area who didn’t wish to be named confirmed that Sept. 3 and a silver Ford 150 extended cab truck were of interest to the police doing the canvassing."[/FONT]

I think the strength of this investigation has been the ability of investigators to do their work without intrusion from media or the public. Hearing that someone is providing drones to snoop on the investigation and that the public is revealing details that are important to police serves to satisfy public curiosity and nothing more. Public curiosity has nothing to do with solving the mystery of the missing women or the identity of the remains and could potentially do more damage than good.

"A father desperate to find his missing daughter raised enough money to buy drones and has sent them to a First Nation group coordinating searches and candlelight vigils near where the RCMP are investigating."

http://aptnnews.ca/2017/10/26/fathe...-needles-waiting-for-b-c-search-sends-drones/

[FONT=&amp]The identification of the remains found are those of Traci Genereaux. We also can confirm that the remains we have been referencing since Oct. 21st are those of one individual, that being Traci Genereaux, as we confirmed yesterday,” he said. “At this point, the remains located are the remains of Traci Genereaux.”

[/FONT]
........[FONT=&amp]He also dispels reports listening devices were placed on the Sagmoen farm at 2290 Salmon River Rd. in advance of the search warrant.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“That’s misinformation,” he says. “There were no listening devices placed prior to the search.”
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Moskaluk did confirm the RCMP’s underwater recovery dive team has been conducting searches of the Salmon River, which flows through the Sagmoen farm.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]http://www.thegoldenstar.net/news/police-piece-together-final-days-of-teen-found-dead-on-farm/

Personally, I'm not buying one set of remains.

[/FONT]

Remains of 5 missing women found on this farm, several of them were nearby neighbours.

http://aptnnews.ca/2017/10/26/fathe...-needles-waiting-for-b-c-search-sends-drones/

I'm not sure where you got your opening comment from. Did this article change what they said? Police have NOT said that the remains of 5 women have been found on the farm. They actually told several families that the remains found were definitely not their loved ones. That's not to say they might not find other remains of course.

I'm not sure where you got your opening comment from. Did this article change what they said? Police have NOT said that the remains of 5 women have been found on the farm. They actually told several families that the remains found were definitely not their loved ones. That's not to say they might not find other remains of course.

It's definitely a mistake, as the remains of all five victims have not been found. The remains of only one victim have been found, and the family and media have been notified.

Given all the attention to the women who are missing in this area, I would expect that if they were alive they would come forward and self-eliminate themselves from the list of potential murder victims. The fact that the other four victims have not come forward suggests that they are indeed deceased.

There's a ton of background information here:

A Vernon sex worker described Sagmoen as a short man with a crystal meth habit and a country-boy Southern drawl. She insisted he was never violent when he took her back to his fifth-wheel trailer, which was parked on his parents’ Salmon Arm-area farm.

“I’ve gone and stayed out on that farm with him for a couple days and I’ve had no problems with him ever. We’ve always got along with no negative ****,” the sex worker said at a Vernon drop-in centre.

The Vernon sex worker who had gone on “dates” with Sagmoen, though, said she considered him a friend.

“He picked me up a couple times and I had his phone number when I had a phone. And we’d keep in contact and everything, and text back and forth,” she said. “I know who this guy is and he would never harm anybody — unless he was intoxicated.”

She never saw his parents in the main farm house when she went to Curtis Sagmoen’s trailer with him, and didn’t feel threatened in the isolated location.

“He had never been physical with me, ever, in a bad way. He was never negative in any sort of way toward me,” she said. “I felt safe, for sure, 100 per cent, without a doubt.”

Less than a week after the August attack on the sex worker, Nicole Bell of Malakwa, 31, vanished on Sept. 2. Her cellphone would later be found in Salmon Arm, her relatives said.

A man who had Sagmoen as his foreman at a Suncor job site in Alberta in the winter of 2015, however, did not feel safe around him. The two men were employed by a Prince George-based construction company as pile drivers, and worked at the Fort Hills Oil Sands Project....

The focus of the investigation shifted Friday to a large barn on the property, where last week livestock was removed and trucked out to be cared for elsewhere.

A dozen investigators paced back and forth inside the barn before removing dozens upon dozens of five-gallon buckets filled with dirt, which they then sifted through large screens outside.

http://theprovince.com/news/crime/c...ff6fba7c-d527-4166-85e8-55292e73dc21#comments

I didn't have the courage to read through all of the posts, I know many runaways travel to B-C, specially near the Okanagan Valley region in the summer months for the fruit picking. Is it known if there are runaways/homeless population in the area that was searched? If there is there might be much more victims since they're easy targets.

In response to the person asking about Colleen Smith who disappeared in Rock Creek BC: According to the BC RCMP missing person's update her vehicle was found in a Walmart parking lot in Kelowna. The driving distance between that parking lot and the Silver Creek property would take about an hour...

K[FONT=&amp]AMLOOPS — A North Okanagan man accused of threatening a sex trade worker, is now facing ten charges in all.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]37 year old Curtis Sagmoen was in Vernon provincial court Thursday, where a charge of mischief under $5,000 was laid.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Dan McLaughlin, Communications Counsel with the BC Prosecution Service outlined the charge in an email: “This charge alleges that Curtis Wayne Sagmoen on or about the 19th day of July, 2017, at or near Falkland, in Province of British Columbia, did commit mischief by willfully placing spikes or nails on a board or spikebelt to damage the tires of motor vehicle of a value not in excess of five thousand dollars contrary to Section 430(4) of the Criminal Code.”

[/FONT]
... [FONT=&amp]Sagmoen remains in custody, with a bail hearing scheduled for next week.[/FONT]

http://cfjctoday.com/article/609594/update-sagmoen-faces-new-charge

A heartbreaking anniversary - Vernon News
Traci's grandmother, Darcy Martin, said it has been rough on the entire family since Traci disappeared.

“We were hoping to hear something by now,” said Martin. “Nobody is giving us any information.”

Martin said she has concerns that the investigation may have stalled, but also realizes police can not provide too much information as it could jeopardize the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back