Found Deceased Canada - Samantha Higgins, 22, LaSalle, QC, 6 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Its just so hard for me to wrap my head around someone so close to someone can do such horrific acts.
Was he violent? How does one do this so randomly?
Someone you love, the father of the children to murder and dismember his loved one I don't understand it.
It is just so sad. Scares me honestly.
RIP Samantha. Prayers for your babies that they are blessed and loved on endlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crack, coke, pills.
I find the younger generation prefer pills(mostly speed)
Coming from someone who grew up in her neighborhood

No problem. And and I agree that it seems more of a case of an 18 year old mother asking the grandmother for help and to look after a newborn, especially if the father was not always in the picture. I am not a lawyer nor a expert on legal matters, but I am sceptical that a court would give the grandmother sole legal guardianship of the child for a four month period.

The article would not state that the child was in the custody of the grandmother if Shannon was the primary caregiver. For some reason, the grandmother was the custodial parent (whether a legal document, or an unofficial handing of the child to the grandmother, situation), which leaves the question of why the grandmother had custody for that time. If Shannon were merely living with her grandmother, there were be no mention of "custody".

Here is the article.
http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/j...s-son-coeur-etait-plus-grand-que-le-monde.php

I can translate if need be :)

*EDIT* Here is a rough translation of the pertinent info...

Wendy McLeod had custody (no mention of legal custody) of one of the children for a four month period while NF and SH were separated. After giving birth to the first child in the summer of 2011, SH just had turned 18. As the months and years passed her relationship with HF was difficult. SH was supported that matriarchal figures in her life such as her mother and grandmother.

The article also says that she was one of four children, difficult childhood and her father left home and the mother raised her on her own. So that answers the question about the father.

Thank you for finding this article! I'm inclined to take what is written at face value: the grandmother had custody of one of the children for a four month period while the couple were separated". That is obviously the three year old (now four). Let's say that the child is 47 months when her mother is murdered. For 9 months, Samantha was pregnant and living with her mom. For 4 months the child was in the care of grandmother. There are 34 months left. Did Nick have custody, or day to day care, for a few months - seems like it with the babysitting message, and interview with the baby sitter's family.

Something was wrong in that relationship ... no way around it.

Quebec may be very generous but we also have high taxes quebec sales tax is 9.975% and then the gst at 5% we are one of the highest taxed in Canada.

... and equalization payments!

Crack, coke, pills.
I find the younger generation prefer pills(mostly speed)
Coming from someone who grew up in her neighborhood

Maybe he's doing speed. We all noticed how fidgety he was during his interview. His eyes were darting all over the place. Maybe it was the clash between speed and alcohol that ended with this murder.

I like Shannon's mom ... knowing to take her granddaughter to see the stars to talk to her mom anytime. What a great way to share death with a young child.
Her name is Samantha not Shannon.

Her name is Samantha

Apologies - I'm following another recent case of spousal homicide where the wife, Shannon, was kept at the shared home for seven months before an arrest.

The manner of death and handling of the body seems to be barbaric and horrific in both cases.

I like Samantha's mom for what she has done, and will do, for her daughter; and her daughter's daughter. Shannon's mom was silent.

well, there`s a myriad of options and they could be legal, medical, employment, or even education related but I don`t think this has any bearing on why she was allegedly murdered by someone she should`ve been able to trust with her life

Not likely... Where would she go? And the province of Quebec is very generous to young single mothers as far as resources and benefits go.

can you point me in the direction of the car pic

Very kind and loving woman, imo. many would suspect the b.f. ( dirty-looking judging from car pic.imo) with a record of violence.
From the link, the saddest thing of all...

"Anna celebrated her fourth birthday July 15 without her parents".

I am amazed, and very humbled, by the dignity (albeit oh so fragile & grief-stricken) & patience of Samantha's family in the various media interviews they have given.

My heart goes out to them. I shall be sending as much positive energy & thoughts as I can today.

Well, with some infos i gathered i can at least express my own opinion, so this has no value of any sort, but i would say that she was probably killed in Lasalle, cut into pieces on Rang 3 in Ormstown and he used a chainsaw. Remember that this is just my own opinion and i/m too lazy to write all links and the why's and how's, my links would be deleted anyways. We'll see if i was quicker than proffessionnal media. Note the time this was posted and first media to go public on this.

I think to say she was out being a party girl is a bit much when she apparently seldom was away from her children. Having a drink with a friend once in a while is not partying. And nowhere does it say that NF actually had custody of the children at any point, it said he was trying to get custody which as most pointed out he was just likely trying to get joint custody back.
I think people need to realize that there is no valid defence for what NF did, and that painting SH as a partier or claiming she had other romantic interests when you have NO proof is really not alright. I understand this is a sleuthing site but have some respect.

My thoughts exactly. Thank you.

Maybe he's doing speed. We all noticed how fidgety he was during his interview. His eyes were darting all over the place. Maybe it was the clash between speed and alcohol that ended with this murder.

Risperdal side effects googly eyes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back