Found Deceased Canada - Samantha Higgins, 22, LaSalle, QC, 6 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Agreed. Here is a scenario to chew on... She went home, he killed (struck/stabbed/straggled) her. Asked someone else for help & they did the "clean up". But how did he know where to bring the SQ for the missing remains.
Too many holes in the story. I have not read that they lived upstairs or ground floor or in the bachelor apt.
Once he or the lawyer registers his plea it should start to clear up.

I'm leaning towards him having acted alone. I *do* think that others *may* have unwittingly provided assistance, but not with "clean up", per se.

I'm not yet convinced that the murder happened at their home. I can see a scenario where he met/intercepted her after the party... But that's just pure speculation on my part.

There's a huge piece missing to this gruesome murder. Could it be he did not act alone? I thought they lived upstairs from his parents, they must have heard something. He probably killed her after they had been fighting in their apartment. He could have panicked and asked someone to help him dispose of the body. He doesn't appear that resolved to have carried it out alone and so efficiently or quickly.

If he had help it would have been known by now and further arrests would have been made. I doubt he would have gone down alone.

Do we know why he chose those areas to dispose of the body? What was his connection to Hinchinbrooke and Howick?

Family had a cottage in area. Stated last 20 secs of video report.
http://m.radio-canada.ca/regions/montreal/2015/07/15/003-samantha-higgins-meurtre-nicholas-fontanelli-parties-corps-sac.shtml

ADMIN WARNING: Leave the Facebook rumors and gossip on FB.

Hi Bessie how do I verify if ok before posting the whole thing. NF older sister just went on a rant about helping have her brother arrested. News radio has commented on it but I have no link other than Twitter or FB.

Thanks

[video=youtube;4-_Zm41F36c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-_Zm41F36c[/video]

There's a huge piece missing to this gruesome murder. Could it be he did not act alone? I thought they lived upstairs from his parents, they must have heard something. He probably killed her after they had been fighting in their apartment. He could have panicked and asked someone to help him dispose of the body. He doesn't appear that resolved to have carried it out alone and so efficiently or quickly.

I NF had help, he wouldn't have cut her into three pieces. There is no sense waste time doing that when you have the manpower to carry her or create a huge bloody crime scene that will implicate you in the crime when the crime lab technicians comes knocking on your front door with a bottle of Luminol?

I'll be really shocked if someone else is arrested and charged as an accomplish in the murder of Samantha.

I will be even more shocked if it comes out in court that NF cut up Samantha's body in some location other than inside of their home.

JMO

Hi Bessie how do I verify if ok before posting the whole thing. NF older sister just went on a rant about helping have her brother arrested. News radio has commented on it but I have no link other than Twitter or FB.

Thanks

You can link news radio reports, MSM Twitter & FB accounts. You *CAN'T * link the sister's FB ...

PM Bessie if you're not sure.

HTH.

I don't suspect NF had help. Many murderers carry out their grizzly work by themselves. One example; Scott Peterson, he didn't need anyone's help disposing of Lacy. JMO.

I agree with the last few posts that NF did what he did with no help. The only modification I would make to that blanket statement is if his parents (or extended family) did not come forward with information re his use of the family cottage or if they denied knowledge of noise or activity on that first night/morning after.

We don't know what NF family did or didn't do but yes I hope that once they put together the pieces when SH went missing and recognized that they had a volatile relationship, her last convo was that she was coming home to NF, her body was found near the family cottage, he didn't participate in vigils and visits etc. A reasonable family member would have put two and two together I would think and been forthcoming with investigators. Maybe that's part if the reason he was arrested so quickly on the Monday? I would hope anyway.

I agree with the last few posts that NF did what he did with no help. The only modification I would make to that blanket statement is if his parents (or extended family) did not come forward with information re his use of the family cottage or if they denied knowledge of noise or activity on that first night/morning after.

The reason I *think* this is as I previously said, NF does not appear very bright. He is no Scott Peterson. Hence, why he was caught immediately. I could be way off but knowing he lived close to his parents and no one heard anything is very strange. Through a fit of jealousy, he killed her when she got home, but not before some heated, loud argument. I don't believe he set out to do it. When I suggest someone helped him... Someone knew, possibly guided him.

The reason I *think* this is as I previously said, NF does not appear very bright. He is no Scott Peterson. Hence, why he was caught immediately. I could be way off but knowing he lived close to his parents and no one heard anything is very strange. Through a fit of jealousy, he killed her when she got home, but not before some heated, loud argument. I don't believe he set out to do it. When I suggest someone helped him... Someone knew, possibly guided him.

Scott Peterson was not as smart as you make him out to be but I respect your opinion. As far as I know, the autopsy reports have not been released hence we do not know COD. Perhaps you are correct that they got into a heated argument and he killed her in a violent manner. I'm leaning towards Samantha (intoxicated) probably fell asleep and he either strangled or suffocated her with a pillow. He then carried her body to his vehicle and dismembered her in Hinchinbrooke. IMO

Scott Peterson was not as smart as you make him out to be but I respect your opinion. As far as I know, the autopsy reports have not been released hence we do not know COD. Perhaps you are correct that they got into a heated argument and he killed her in a violent manner. I'm leaning towards Samantha (intoxicated) probably fell asleep and he either strangled or suffocated her with a pillow. He then carried her body to his vehicle and dismembered her in Hinchinbrooke. IMO

She definitely was intoxicated according to her friends. It's also known that he was very jealous and controlling. It could be he killed SH in her sleep or it got very heated. The police searched their apartment and probably had all the evidence they needed to finally arrest and charge him. Since the beginning no one from his family showed any kind of concern as in taking part in the searches. If he killed and dismembered her at home, someone had to have heard or seen. Crazy man taking out heavy garbage bags in the middle of the night...

Speaking of family cottage, was there or has there been any police presence there? Anyone know?

I agree with your theory n/t. He dismembered her somewhere close to where she was found. My speculation is he could have picked her up en route home from visiting with her friends that night. Hence the reason why the phone call as to when she was leaving.

Has there been any definite information as to where the children were that night? He either left them with his mother, or in their beds sleeping or had them in the car. Perhaps they were in the car and he picked SH up, saying the baby was cranky and suggested they go for a drive. Whatever happened that night was planned and deliberate on his part. MOO.

I agree with your theory n/t. He dismembered her somewhere close to where she was found. My speculation is he could have picked her up en route home from visiting with her friends that night. Hence the reason why the phone call as to when she was leaving.

Has there been any definite information as to where the children were that night? He either left them with his mother, or in their beds sleeping or had them in the car. Perhaps they were in the car and he picked SH up, saying the baby was cranky and suggested they go for a drive. Whatever happened that night was planned and deliberate on his part. MOO.

I have never read anything as to where the children were that night.

I think if the four year old was in the car while NF disposed of Samantha's body, she would have told someone that Daddy took us for a long ride.

JMO

Speaking of family cottage, was there or has there been any police presence there? Anyone know?

Yes, the SQ did their fact finding, evidence collecting at the cottage. And Again at the two known disposal sites & at the apartment. That is all over & done with now.
Any evidence will be used in deciding sentencing & depending on the accused line of defence if he registers a NCR plea, may be needed for a trial so there is no info on what if anything was found. Even the immediate neighbours are oddly silent. I understand not wanting all to know the address, Fontanelli family needs privacy or landlord...
Autopsy details will also be held close to chest until court. COD & TOD should explain more as well as exposure data. It was joy & humid those days. We had no rain so only animal activity would have affected condition of remains.

Here's to hoping he pleads guilty. Tells all & never sees the light if day again!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back