Found Deceased Canada - Samantha Higgins, 22, LaSalle, QC, 6 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Found that i had wrong date. Back in court the 29th to decide about reassigning lawyer.

This was supposed to go to court oct 22. I have seen/heard nothing more. Anyone have news. It seems NF sister declared COI as the lawyer he is using represented her in an unrelated case concerning her kid(s) & her fitness to retain parental rights. She is declaring herself as the main witness against NF and refuses to waiver her brothers lawyer so he can be represented... Very strange indeed... Just looking for latest if any info. Thanks!

The court date is the 29th Oct. Yes it is strange that she refused to sign the waiver...unless there is something that she is afraid will be revealed that will discredit her? JAT

New court date for Judgement Nov 19th, 2015. SL testified that she would be uncomfortable being cross examined by NF lawyer as he knew personal details. NM testified that the info that lawyer would have would have come from her not SL

we will see.....

What a sad case...
Yes it is....SH family making really hard for NF family as I heard lately.....taking NF to civil court and accusing his family of being involved...making it hard for them to see their grandchildren etc..I have known the family for many years and there's no way they are involved in this.... they are suffering too.

Judge ruled that NF has to change his lawyer. Judge said that in the public's interest that it was best to avoid any conflicts that could arise during the trial because SL is a primary witness for prosecution. Pro forma Dec 10.....

Judge ruled that NF has to change his lawyer. Judge said that in the public's interest that it was best to avoid any conflicts that could arise during the trial because SL is a primary witness for prosecution. Pro forma Dec 10.....

Thanks LeJusticier for the updates!

Still no lawyer for NF - however a lawyer will be present as a 'friend of the court' tomorrow to set new date to give him time to find a new lawyer...

Still no lawyer for NF - however a lawyer will be present as a 'friend of the court' tomorrow to set new date to give him time to find a new lawyer...

Any word on what's been going on with this case? like next court date? or any information at all?

Any word on what's been going on with this case? like next court date? or any information at all?

as of the 5th of January NF still had no lawyer...but I have heard that as of now he has found one so we should know for sure on the next court date which is Feb 8th.

That's not true. When someone is detained in Canada, that person is not allowed to have a lawyer present during questioning. From your link:

"Once you have spoken to your lawyer, the police may continue to ask you questions."

You can speak to a lawyer, and then you will be questioned without a lawyer. That's the law in Canada.

Have to agree with Otto - sorry for the late post on this.
You have a right to counsel and to silence but your lawyer CANNOT be present when you are being questioned otherwise he will become a witness and would no longer be able to represent you - This is law in Canada - Quebec included

I finally got a chance to review the whole thread SH/NF affair and there are a couple of statements that are repeated and are inaccurate. I would like to clarify:

SH lived with mother during her 1st pregnancy (2011) after giving birth -only the child was remanded to the great-mother (SH grandmother) for 3 mths. then SH had to leave VH house to live at Elizabeth house.
Late 2011 NF gained access to his daughter and then shared custody in late 2012

During the 2nd pregnancy both SH and NF lived together and had been since 2014. At no time during the 2nd pregnancy did SH live at her mothers.

Might not be relevant but I needed to correct the info.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...amantha-higgins-preliminary-hearing-1.3510648
rbbm.
The preliminary hearing for Nick Fontanelli, the Montreal man accused of first-degree murder in the death of his fiancée, Samantha Higgins, has been set for Nov. 28.

Fontanelli, 23, appeared in a Montreal court Tuesday morning.

Crown prosecutor Louis Bouthillier asked Quebec Court Judge Hélène Morin to set aside two weeks for the preliminary hearing and said he will call 25 witnesses, including three expert witnesses.

Judge Morin expressed surprise at the length of the preliminary hearing, and Bouthillier conceded it would be long.

He said part of the reason for that is that the defence is contesting the cause of death.

That was so sad to read. Very good article. Makes me sad for both of them. Although Samantha and her kids paid the ultimate price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the article , it gives a whole new insight into this tragedy , I dont know if sympathy is the right word but I feel a bit of something for Nick , it is obvious he did not quite fit into a normal world but he did try to make it work , I dont think anyone could anticipate he would do something so shocking , I wonder if he even completely understands it himself.

I don't know a lot about schizophrenia, but is it possible that Nick was at the common age-frame where he may have become afflicted with schizophrenic delusions? That could potentially explain why he says to his sister (in the article) that 'the truth will come out'?

Fontanelli’s preliminary hearing is set for November. The case was delayed for months as Fontanelli was ordered to change lawyers due to a conflict of interest. His parents said it was important for them to find one who could understand their son. If found guilty, he could serve a life sentence.

His sister visits him once a week. Separated by a glass panel, she tries to keep the conversation light, talking about cars.

“I feel it’s important to see him and make sure he’s OK,” she says. “We’re very close, so, to me, it’s weird. He’s like my little baby brother. I have to make sure he’s OK.”

They don’t talk much about why he’s there. When they do, he just says: “The truth will come out.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back