Found Deceased Canada - Samantha Higgins, 22, LaSalle, QC, 6 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her route to her home from the party was only a block. She didn't even make it that far. That is really messed up. Maybe stepdad is right and someone from the party followed her. But he/they would need a car.

Worst case scenario is that there is a serial killer who stalks women in the Lasalle area and lives in a rural farm area where he can desecrate the bodies and dump them and clean up without any suspicion.

Where are the 24h gas stations and car washes along the main routes? If she died on the first night, where was she dismembered? Transporting her would create a big mess in a car or truck.

Maybe she was alive when taken to the rural area where her body was found.

The water where her body was found is just a stream and would have been found easily. The larger river is beside the main highway 138 all the way along the route. Weird that she would be dumped there. JMO

Where she was found:

1032836-corps-demembre-samantha-higgins-jeune.jpg

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/j...e-de-samantha-higgins-on-ma-vole-ma-fille.php

JMO, pure speculation, & all that jazz: I don't think we're looking for/at a trucker here. Personally, I'd be having a good hard look at cell phone locations of those at the party, & those who were in communication with Samantha's cell phone after 1 am that night.

Do we know where her children were that night?

My understanding is they were with their dad. Her fiancé

Why in the world would her legs be cut off? Were they found?

Yes in this particular case I'm not sure it was a trucker either. The dismemberment just doesn't fit. And the dumping location is strange. It's a straight shot from Lasalle down the 138. It starts getting rural very quickly after you cross the bridge. He/she had ample time to dispose of her body before in a more rural area. It's just weird to drive within minutes of the border in an area that is actually quite populated.

So who of her "friends" had access to a car? Lasalle is very working class, majority renters dependent on public transport. Also somewhere there is a very messy crime scene.

I'm a bit confused about the McDs story: the one I'm looking at is open 24/7, supposedly. Do I have the wrong one? :(.

... <snipped by me>
If the map indicating last known phone ping is correct then the McD's on Newman near Lise is indeed the 24 hr one (8300 Newman blvd). <snipped by me>. Why is her stepdad talking about the McD's closing early if it's 24hrs?

Just a quick point re the 24 hour McDonalds: I think many restaurants offering the 24hours still close the restaurant at midnight and just run the drive-thru until morning when they open the doors again for the breakfast rush. It allows them to run with minimal staff and maximum safety and stops loiterers nursing a coffee indoors all night.

Ecalyptuz is right. (I called). Restaurant closes at midnight, drive-thru open 24/7.

And yes, the 8300 location is the right one as well. They have cameras.

Why in the world would her legs be cut off? Were they found?
I wonder if the dismemberment was a matter of logistics and that the perpetrator was unable to shift the corpse. This might indicate a smaller-framed person and someone who acted alone. Or that the location would have made it difficult to move a body inconspicuously....

I have a feeling he tried to completely dismember her but only got the legs done before breaking a saw or a knife was to blunt and he couldn't complete the job. Cant think of any other reason to remove the legs

Samantha&#8217;s mother, Vanessa, gave a 4 minute radio interview with CJAD on Thursday morning, July 9, before Samantha was located. She said the party was just a small gathering and took place on Pauline Street (Rue Pauline) which is a couple of residential blocks north from the McDonald&#8217;s at 8300 Newman (Lise & Newman).

The link for the CJAD interview comes via the official RIP Samantha&#8230; FaceBook group and was posted to Dropbox &#8212; I think someone taped it from the radio broadcast. I had to download it and listen in iTunes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7w4h4jc71hp4hml/Sam - Vanessa Radio.m4a?dl=0

Article from today in the French press confirms that there are still parts of Samantha's remains missing :(
http://fr.canoe.ca/infos/societe/archives/2015/07/20150711-120519.html
Text translated into English (not perfectly):
The investigative work continues to elucidate the death of Samantha Higgins, whose dismembered body was found Thursday night in Hinchinbrooke.
Her body was found in a plastic bag under a culvert, 75 kilometers from the place of her disappearance.
Parts of her body are still missing.
The investigators from the Sûreté du Québec (SQ) will try to determine the exact causes of death and when the murder occurred.
Expertise will also be conducted to determine whether the victim was sexually assaulted before being murdered.
Checks with other police forces would then be expected to check if other recent cases of disappearances of young women could have similarities with it.
JOINT INVESTIGATION
The Police Department of the City of Montreal (SPVM) is also involved.
"The first thing the officer in charge of the investigation made it to send investigators meet with the SPVM who had the responsibility to investigate the disappearance of Mrs. Higgins, said Jean-François Brochu, a retired Sûreté du Québec. The work that was done at that time by the SPVM is crucial in the investigation. "

I have a feeling he tried to completely dismember her but only got the legs done before breaking a saw or a knife was to blunt and he couldn't complete the job. Cant think of any other reason to remove the legs

BBM: I'm keeping an open mind ATM about perp's possible gender; although I'll admit I might be influenced by what I'm reading on the Rumour Mill ...

Maybe legs were removed so that body could fit into whatever container might have been used to place the body, and/or fit into the trunk of a small car, back of a bike, or even to transport by public transportation.
Thinking of the Holly J. case, where the perp moved body in several trips on the ttc.He commented that her long legs caused some difficulty.

Just found an intriguing news item, imo. have not seen before, could be helpful in some other cases...
rbbm.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-girls-dismembered-like-holly/article1017475/
Mar. 20, 2009

"At first, it seemed an unlikely coincidence.

But the more Bruce Harris, director of a Costa Rican charity, learned about Holly Jones's horrific slaying, the more it reminded him of the unsolved descuartizador or hatchet man case in his own country.

And even more remarkable, a Canadian had been a suspect in the case in San Jose, Costa Rica, until he left the country.

"My first reaction was, Harris, don't be ridiculous, Toronto and San Jose are 5,000 kilometres apart. But there are many similarities between the two cases," said Mr. Harris, executive director of Casa Alianza in Latin America, a sister agency of Toronto's Covenant House.

"The modus operandi was the same and the victims in all three cases are girls."

So - updates today are:

- Samantha's torso was found in a "plastic bag"

-Parts of her body are still missing&#128533;

-It was a small party she attended

-The killer drove by miles of isolated terrain to go to that little culvert/bridge over the very small stream **** this is critical information to me*****

-Dad said she was identified by tattoos and jewellery. Jewellery on torso????

-Dad said in tv interview, that LE told him at 3 am when they came to their door that they were 90% sure it was Samantha

-That was Samantha's first time out since giving birth

-Samantha's life was her kids

-Samantha walked that route frequently

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member