Found Deceased Canada - Samantha Higgins, 22, LaSalle, QC, 6 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Worst case scenario is that there is a serial killer who stalks women in the Lasalle area and lives in a rural farm area where he can desecrate the bodies and dump them and clean up without any suspicion.

I think you hit the nail on the head except for the serial killer scenario. I believe the perp lives in LaSalle and knows Hinchinbrooke very well.

Unfortunately I can't share more info just yet.

I honestly wouldn't know the first thing about putting a map together. I so wish I did.

I just spent some time trying to figure out the map/timeline of Samantha's last known movements and I am very surprised at how close her house on David Boyer is to the friends house on Lise. She just basically had to cross Newman blvd and get behind the McD's.
If the map indicating last known phone ping is correct then the McD's on Newman near Lise is indeed the 24 hr one (8300 Newman blvd). It's where they just had a candlelight vigil for her a few hours ago. Being that her house and the friends is so close to this McD's wouldn't her phone if it were at home or at the friends ping off of the same tower as the McD's? Did they ever recover her phone? Why is her stepdad talking about the McD's closing early if it's 24hrs?

So - she had to walk THROUGH the McDonald's parking lot to get home??????

Just a quick point re the 24 hour McDonalds: I think many restaurants offering the 24hours still close the restaurant at midnight and just run the drive-thru until morning when they open the doors again for the breakfast rush. It allows them to run with minimal staff and maximum safety and stops loiterers nursing a coffee indoors all night.

That totally makes sense AND would explain why her step-father said that at MIDNIGHT everyone leaves the McDonald's and hangs around outside.

NOW - A murderer looking for a victim may know this and hang around to hunt his prey in the vicinity of that McDonald's.

According to the RIP FB group, as of about 20 minutes ago, CTV is there right now at the McDonald's looking to talk to people.

That little stream at the bridge is a place where someone would go fishing IMO. Someone familiar with this place? Horrible hiding place since the water level is so low IMO.

Samantha’s mother, Vanessa, gave a 4 minute radio interview with CJAD on Thursday morning, July 9, before Samantha was located. She said the party was just a small gathering and took place on Pauline Street (Rue Pauline) which is a couple of residential blocks north from the McDonald’s at 8300 Newman (Lise & Newman).

The link for the CJAD interview comes via the official RIP Samantha… FaceBook group and was posted to Dropbox — I think someone taped it from the radio broadcast. I had to download it and listen in iTunes: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7w4h4jc71hp4hml/Sam - Vanessa Radio.m4a?dl=0

Of note from this interview with Sam's Mom - prior to recovery:

-Samantha left her friend's house between 12:15 am and 12:30 am that night

-Samantha talked to her fiance at 1:10 am that night - and he thought she was still at her friends house

-Samantha said she was having fun

-Samantha's fiance thought that she stayed over at her friend's house. He didn't realize she was actually missing until noon the next day

-Samantha's family plastered the immediate area with more than 2,000 flyers

That little stream at the bridge is a place where someone would go fishing IMO. Someone familiar with this place? Horrible hiding place since the water level is so low IMO.

I totally agree.

Not a HIDING place but a DUMPING ground.

And that doesn't fit with the profile of someone who dismembers, since that is often done to evade detection.

JMO

Newman, LaSalle

A timeline is posted on the facebook page.

Timeline:
-Between 12am and 1am on the morning of July 7th, Samantha leaves her friend's house off of Newman and starts walking home towards David-Boyer.
-Phone call at 1:10 between Samantha and her fiancé, with her telling him she is having a good time.
-Text message sent from friend's phone asking if she made it home safe.
-Reply from Samantha`s phone at 1:40 saying she is home safe.
-5am, cell phone pings for last time, location at the McDonalds on Newman. All subsequent calls head straight to voicemail, indicating phone is no longer on.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/566972586774513/

Bumping this from 1st page in the thread.

If these times are to be believed - Samantha was abducted between the 1:10 am phone call with her fiance and the 1:40 pm "yup I'm safe" message to her friend.

I think her phone was left at the likely scene of the abduction - the McDonald's. Perp left the phone there, where it likely pinged all night until 5 a.m. at the time of last known ping ( I think the ping info is assumed since that's the first time a call went straight to voicemail. Who was calling through the night like that????)

One key point - obviously - if it only takes 10 minutes to get home, and Samantha left her friend's house between 12:15 and 12:30 am according to her mother, and she was "still having fun" during the 1:10 am phone call with her fiance - WHO was she deliberately having fun with?

Was Samantha simply sidetracked by the McDonald's patrons who left the restaurant at midnight?

Was there a predator who was *seperate* from the McDonald's patrons, who was lying in wait and abducted Samantha as she continued on home?

To the many guests reading Samantha's thread here - please sign up to Websleuths and contribute your thoughts on her case. We need all the help we can get. Justice needs to be served for Samantha.

Rest in Peace, Samantha. Justice is coming.

So when she gets the boyfriend's call she is comfortable and at ease with whoever she's with and seemingly not in danger? So....
-Did she leave the party at the same time as another guest?
-Did she meet up with someone on the street after leaving the party but before McDs? There were no witnesses from the group outside that saw her pass after closing.

I think it's someone she knows. Someone smaller like a lightweight male or female. Perhaps the death was accidental but probably not. I think an escalated argument or possibly a sexual situation (casting no aspersions, just hypothesizing). I think this person struggled with the logistics of getting rid of the body because of the weight. Or because of where the crime took place -like a 2nd story condo with stairs at the front for example. Thus the dismemberment. And then I think the offender drove the pieces as far away as possible and in the direction that becomes remote quickly after leaving the island of Montreal.
Just my musing and I hope they catch the offender soon...a loose cannon I would say...sadly for poor Samantha.

I honestly wouldn't know the first thing about putting a map together. I so wish I did.

I just spent some time trying to figure out the map/timeline of Samantha's last known movements and I am very surprised at how close her house on David Boyer is to the friends house on Lise. She just basically had to cross Newman blvd and get behind the McD's.
If the map indicating last known phone ping is correct then the McD's on Newman near Lise is indeed the 24 hr one (8300 Newman blvd). It's where they just had a candlelight vigil for her a few hours ago. Being that her house and the friends is so close to this McD's wouldn't her phone if it were at home or at the friends ping off of the same tower as the McD's? Did they ever recover her phone? Why is her stepdad talking about the McD's closing early if it's 24hrs?

I can put a map together, but I will need help to know places and times. This is what I have so far ... do we have times?

left party between 12-1?
contact with fiance at 1:10?
"Yup" text at what time?

Attachments

• murdered women Montreal.jpg
    murdered women Montreal.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Samantha Higgins 1.jpg
    Samantha Higgins 1.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 41
So she left her friend's place and then told her boyfriend that she was having fun instead of telling him she was heading back home? Why? Was that her telling him that either?

Do not assume that the friend texted Samantha at 1:40 to see if she was okay.

It says the Yup REPLY was sent back to the friend at 1:40 a.m.

My opinion is that the abduction of Samantha took place between 1:10 a.m. and 1:40 a.m.

JMO, pure speculation, & all that jazz: I don't think we're looking for/at a trucker here. Personally, I'd be having a good hard look at cell phone locations of those at the party, & those who were in communication with Samantha's cell phone after 1 am that night.

Do we know where her children were that night?

It would also be worthwhile having a look at phones that were pinging at the body location the night she disappeared (July 8).

I can put a map together, but I will need help to know places and times. This is what I have so far ... do we have times?

left party between 12-1?
contact with fiance at 1:10?
"Yup" text at what time?

Look at all those cases so close together. Serial predator - I'm sure of it.

-Per Mother - Samantha left friend's between 12:15 am and 12:30 am. Should have taken 10 minutes to get home

-Samantha talked to fiance at 1:10 - having fun

-Friend texts Samantha at unknown time to see if she is home okay

-1:40 am a reply text is sent from Samantha's phone - Yup all safe (or something like that). Samantha never used the word "yup"

-5:00 a.m. - Samantha's phone goes directly to voicemail (who was calling her? ) Last known location of phone is McDonalds

-12:00 pm - Fiance realizes she didn't stay overnight at friends house and parents start plastering flyers. LE does not wait 24 hours for her to be missing - ***

Where did she go after her friend's party? Not making sense to me.

Look at all those cases so close together. Serial predator - I'm sure of it.

-Per Mother - Samantha left friend's between 12:15 am and 12:30 am. Should have taken 10 minutes to get home

-Samantha talked to fiance at 1:10 - having fun

-Friend texts Samantha at unknown time to see if she is home okay

-1:40 am a reply text is sent from Samantha's phone - Yup all safe (or something like that). Samantha never used the word "yup"

-5:00 a.m. - Samantha's phone goes directly to voicemail (who was calling her? ) Last known location of phone is McDonalds

-12:00 pm - Fiance realizes she didn't stay overnight at friends house and parents start plastering flyers. LE does not wait 24 hours for her to be missing - ***

This is what we have so far

Attachments

• map1b.jpg
    map1b.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 158
Where did she go after her friend's party? Not making sense to me.

Her father seems to think that she was grabbed before she got to the McDonalds - perhaps because he's thinking that if something happened at the McDonalds, someone would have seen something. I'm wondering if someone at the McDonalds saw her, realized that she'd had too much to drink, lured her to a vulnerable location, and then abducted her. What I'm thinking is that perhaps on her way home she saw all the people at McDonalds and, in a friendly party mood, she dropped her guard and talked to the wrong person.

MOO. I think she knew this person. I totally agree with Eucalptaz, my feelings exactly.

My thought is that this is a serial predator who is upping his game with dismemberment.

He chose his victim because she was vulnerable (drunk & alone) as she made her way through the McDonald's parking lot to get home.

I think she likely talked to a few McDonald patrons as they left the store at midnight

I don't think she knew her predator, in that he was at the party or a friend.

I dont think this is the killer's first time.

Lone, male, with a vehicle. Lives within range of McDonald's. Has ties to or is from the recovery area of the plastic bag.

WHERE are the rest of Samantha's remains?

All only my opinion, JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back