Found Deceased Canada - Samantha Higgins, 22, LaSalle, QC, 6 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The dismemberment is just so out of the ordinary. And the legs? Why? She's so tiny already (5"2). Ugh it's horrendous. It's been so quiet today. No news. I really hope the police know more than they are letting on. I'm sorry but the SPVM leaves much to be desired and I have very little faith in them unfortunately.

I agree. Why dismember? The perp(s) used a car to get to the dump site so why cut her up?

I'm shocked at how many unsolved murdered women/girls there are in the area!

If anyone sees errors, or has something to add, please post a comment and I'll make corrections and updates. I find it shocking to see it laid out on a map. Police must be looking for a serial killer.

Perhaps a wild thought, but there's also the Long Island killer - also some dismembered bodies in those unsolved murders - also close to water.

Awesome Otto. Yes close to water and.. Highway 20. Can you just change Tammy Leaky's recovery location. She was found in Dorval on Lindsay ave so just west of Lachine below highway 20. Thanks a bunch.

I agree. Why dismember? The perp(s) used a car to get to the dump site so why cut her up?

The person behind the murder may have mutilated the body to make her more difficult to identify, more difficult to locate, or perhaps because he likes to do that.

She was ID'd so quickly, more quickly than most victims and based on her tattoos and jewellery alone.

Awesome Otto. Yes close to water and.. Highway 20. Can you just change Tammy Leaky's recovery location. She was found in Dorval on Lindsay ave so just west of Lachine below highway 20. Thanks a bunch.

I found Lindsay Avenue, but it is North of Hwy 20. Lachine is a district? Was she found South of Hwy 20 and West of Lachine?

Attachments

• Map 5.jpg
    Map 5.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 146
She was ID'd so quickly, more quickly than most victims and based on her tattoos and jewellery alone.

Very lucky that she was found so quickly. Someone asked about jewellery on a torso ... I'm thinking a naval ring.

I found Lindsay Avenue, but it is North of Hwy 20. Lachine is a district? Was she found South of Hwy 20 and West of Lachine?

Yes sorry north of highway 20 and just south of highway 520. Just south of the airport. That area is right on the border of Dorval and Lacine. Lachine is the next town west of Lasalle.

The bigger picture (Loretta Gates also dismembered)

Attachments

• Map 5b.jpg
    Map 5b.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 147
Here's another missing woman along the same route: Jessica Heeringa.

Attachments

• Map 6a.jpg
    Map 6a.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 148
Welcome to Ws bonneventure!

Excellent suggestion, considering the " yup " text, was apparently not something Samantha would say.

I never really say 'yup' but if you dig deep enough in my text history there'll be one or two even though I'm totally anti-yup :)
I tried to find a FB page for SH but couldn't...did anybody else have any luck? It's a good way to see someone's language use.
I think, based on the interviews the mother is francophone but earlier in this thread SH is referred to as anglo...maybe she is bi-lingual?

Thinking now, if the purpose of the dismemberment was to delay identification of the body, why did the perp not " remove " the jewellery and tattoos?

I never really say 'yup' but if you dig deep enough in my text history there'll be one or two even though I'm totally anti-yup :)
I tried to find a FB page for SH but couldn't...did anybody else have any luck? It's a good way to see someone's language use.
I think, based on the interviews the mother is francophone but earlier in this thread SH is referred to as anglo...maybe she is bi-lingual?

No she is not a francophone. All of us Anglophones speak French and are bilingual but the Higgins are definitely Anglos.

Thinking now, if the purpose of the dismemberment was to delay identification of the body, why did the perp not " remove " the jewellery and tattoos?

It's very likely that the expectation was that the torso would not be found for a long time, and that when it was found, it would be too decomposed for tattoo and jewellery identification. I'm also thinking that even if tattoos were removed, the removal itself might help identify the victim. For example, if she has a sleeve tattoo, then the removal of that skin would raise the question of there being a sleeve tattoo. Do we know what sort of tattoos she had?

Just thinking ... was a torso found, or an upper body without legs, or a torso without arms ... sorry for being gruesome ... but I don't know what type of tattoos were used for identification, whether arm or something else.

Which brings up the point that if someone else had control of her phone it had to be another Anglo 100%. No francophone would know how to say or spell "Yup". Silly as it seems it's the truth.

Which brings up the point that if someone else had control of her phone it had to be another Anglo 100%. No francophone would know how to say or spell "Yup". Silly as it seems it's the truth.

I'm Anglo. My kids are to all intents & purposes Francos (schools, life etc). They *are* bilingual & they and Franco friends use "yup" & other Anglo slang without thinking about it.

BBM: this was asked on the Rip Samantha page on FB; neither she nor her fiancé used social media, apparently.

Please allow me to go off slightly on something else all these unsolved cases have in common...they are all Anglos. Why? Is the perpetrator a unilingual English speaker who lures them in with a request for assistance in English? Is it an English speaker from Ontario or an American who regularly drives that route along the Highway 20 across the bridges to the US? Is it a francophone targeting Anglophones out of hate? Why are there so many anglophone girls and women the target of so many unsolved crimes here? Anglos are absolutely the minority here so to have so many of them over the years the victims is statistically skewed IMO.

I'm Anglo. My kids are to all intents & purposes Francos (schools, life etc). They *are* bilingual & they and Franco friends use "yup" & other Anglo slang without thinking about it.
You are an Anglo though and your kids are bilingual and probably speak English at home. You know what I'm talking about. You live here. What "pur laine" or unilingual francophone would use "yup"? . Yeah or yah or ya or yes but yup not really.

Please allow me to go off slightly on something else all these unsolved cases have in common...they are all Anglos. Why? Is the perpetrator a unilingual English speaker who lures them in with a request for assistance in English? Is it an English speaker from Ontario or an American who regularly drives that route along the Highway 20 across the bridges to the US? Is it a francophone targeting Anglophones out of hate? Why are there so many anglophone girls and women the target of so many unsolved crimes here? Anglos are absolutely the minority here so to have so many of them over the years the victims is statistically skewed IMO.

GINA!! Thanks, I just had the same thought as you were posting!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back