Found Deceased Canada - Samantha Higgins, 22, LaSalle, QC, 6 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You are an Anglo though and your kids are bilingual and probably speak English at home. You know what I'm talking about. You live here. What "pur laine" or unilingual francophone would use "yup"? . Yeah or yah or ya or yes but yup not really.

I knew one French Canadian and he said "way", meaning "yes". I couldn't imagine him saying "yup".

I knew one French Canadian and he said "way", meaning "yes". I couldn't imagine him saying "yup".

Lol "way" being "ouin" in French. It's pronounced the same way as"way" but is the slang for "yes" in French. SJm_qc knows what I mean ;)

You are an Anglo though and your kids are bilingual and probably speak English at home. You know what I'm talking about. You live here. What "pur laine" or unilingual francophone would use "yup"? . Yeah or yah or ya or yes but yup not really.

Slightly OT: we speak French at home* mostly; yup (!) we're probably unusual ;) (We've lived most of their lives in 100% Franco environments).

I do know/notice that the kids & some of their "pur laine" friends use "yup" noticeably on FB & texting ...

* not that they live at my home anymore - I have 2 the same age as Samantha.

(Sorry for the language tangent, it's probably very irrelevant).

Just thinking ... was a torso found, or an upper body without legs, or a torso without arms ... sorry for being gruesome ... but I don't know what type of tattoos were used for identification, whether arm or something else.[/QUOTE]

On the TVA video where VH visits the scene in Hichinbrooke where her daughter was recovered she meets the farmer who found her. The camera is on him as he gestures to his legs in a cutting motion to presumably show that he found her missing her legs.
http://tvanouvelles.ca/video/434986...urne-sur-les-lieux-du-drame-explications-16h/

Lol "way" being "ouin" in French. It's pronounced the same way as"way" but is the slang for "yes" in French. SJm_qc knows what I mean ;)

She does indeed, and does a very long-drawn-out "ouaaiin" herself, on occasion ;)!

fwiw..
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Yup

"Yup is a generic term of agreement issued often by a non-listening party, typically used while performing an additional important task, such as watching tv.

If you are the yupper, by yupping someone, you are not bound in any sense by your agreement, since you didn't hear what it was you were agreeing to. If you are later asked to perform the task, you then have the option to admit that you had yupped the person and ignore the task, or pretend that you had really listened & just go along with the yuppee."

" I am Charlie" lol, imo.
From 2012

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/tom-kott/anglophone-quebec_b_2053199.html

"After having difficulty with the STM's metro fare machine, commuter Mina Barak faced a ticket booth clerk who, while refusing to speak in English to her and telling her to "go back to your country," was less than sympathetic to Barak's problems. Obviously insulted by the clerk's behaviour, she filed a complaint with the STM in front of the clerk, who responded by giving her the middle finger. When the call was over, the clerk stepped out of the booth, put Barak in a headlock and started punching her. Thankfully for Barak, others came to her defence and she was taken to a local hospital.

These are deliberate attacks targeting English speakers, and they must stop.

These assaults, along with dangerous PQ rhetoric, reinforce the image that English is somehow inherently evil and that its only purpose is to destroy the French language. Hardline nationalists are now seeing it as their mission to take the law in their own hands and punish English speakers wherever they encounter them.

While random attacks on the streets are disconcerting, it is appalling coming from those in the service sector. Anglophones must now constantly worry about full Nelsons and biological attacks wherever they go, whether it's on the metro or in a hospital, or wherever else the next attack might take place."

The funny thing is that people that learned the French language cannot understand the dialect that is spoken in Quebec, and those that speak a French dialect in Quebec have no tolerance for people that speak formal French. Today, the language that is being defended, or protected, is unique to Quebec. It took me forever to realize that "way" was "oui" was yes ... that slang dialect is only understood by people that learned to speak it in Quebec.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...anished-after-leaving-friend-s-home-1.3144560
rbbm.
"Higgins friend, who was the last person to see her, texted about an hour after her departure to see if she'd made it home safely.

McKernan said someone texted "Yup all safe" from her phone, but noted that Higgins did not typically use "yup" in text messages.

I think we can assume that she did not send the text because she was most likely not "all safe" at the time. If she was safe at home, the fiance would be the only suspect, and it seems clear that he did not leave a 4 year old to look after a 10 week old baby and do something to Samantha. Has the phone been found?

Samantha's friend thinks a stranger must be responsible.
If perp is not a stranger, could Samantha's recent engagement have anything to do with her murder?

"Higgins and her boyfriend had recently become engaged"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...anished-after-leaving-friend-s-home-1.3144560

"Higgins's disappearance is very unusual, and that the path she would have used to walk home is scary at night, McKernan said.

"If somebody hurt her, it would have had to have been a stranger," she said."

Nothing new in the article. Family visited location where Sam's body was found. They want answers and plea to the public to come forward with any information they may have.

Pictures at the link

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2015/07/11/samantha-higgins-sa-mere-retourne-sur-les-lieux-du-drame

So no police there combing the scene for evidence? Or at the very least to accompany the family? Less than 36 hours since her body was recovered there. Odd. Was the fiancé pictured? Is he the bald guy? Just curious. Her mom, stepfather, sister and aunt have been very public but we haven't seen the fiancé yet. I hope he has help and support with the babies.

My Franco relatives would say Yup. Yup is not a common term anymore, is it? Makes me think: French, rural, older than the victim, may be much older. JMO

My Franco relatives would say Yup. Yup is not a common term anymore, is it? Makes me think: French, rural, older than the victim, may be much older. JMO
If it is an older person, maybe they thought the word yup sounded like a youthful ( and anglophone ) term, the young victim would use. imo.

Wondering if Samantha's family is Protestant or Catholic ?
fwiw, Sharron Prior was Catholic and had been chatting with the family priest at her home ( it was Easter ) just before leaving her house for the last time. Had sometimes wondered if perp got a kick out of that.

So no police there combing the scene for evidence? Or at the very least to accompany the family? Less than 36 hours since her body was recovered there. Odd. Was the fiancé pictured? Is he the bald guy? Just curious. Her mom, stepfather, sister and aunt have been very public but we haven't seen the fiancé yet. I hope he has help and support with the babies.

I don't know if that's her fiancé I wanted to see if there was a picture of them together on the Facebook page but it appears it has been deleted.

I have kids Samantha's age and they use ya. The francophones do too. I haven't heard a Franco say yup but you could be onto something. An older than the victim could be the perp.

Most kids and young people use KK or K as an affirmative on the phone. Yup is weird.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back