Found Deceased Canada - Samantha Higgins, 22, LaSalle, QC, 6 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She would have been so vulnerable. If this was her first time out after giving birth - perhaps the first time in nearly a year that she had alcohol - I think the alcohol would have hit her a lot harder than she was expecting. Also, being at home with an infant and a four year old would have her in a completely different head space than the average person that hangs out at McDonalds at midnight.

Why don't we have a more accurate timeframe for when Samantha left the party?

The mother is reported as saying it was between 12:00-12:30. Other reports say between 12:00-1:00.

If the friend called her to see if she made it home safely, wouldn't they have called approx. 10-15 minutes after Samantha left? Just check the timestamp on the friend's phone, and work back from there. If there was no response from Samantha's phone until 1:40, did the friend call the fiance to make sure she made it home?

I don't get it. I'm starting to wonder if she ever left the party.

My thought is that this is a serial predator who is upping his game with dismemberment.

He chose his victim because she was vulnerable (drunk & alone) as she made her way through the McDonald's parking lot to get home.

I think she likely talked to a few McDonald patrons as they left the store at midnight

I don't think she knew her predator, in that he was at the party or a friend.

I don't think this is the killer's first time.

Lone, male, with a vehicle. Lives within range of McDonald's. Has ties to or is from the recovery area of the plastic bag.

WHERE are the rest of Samantha's remains?

All only my opinion, JMO

That's where I'm going with this too.
I got these names from an earlier post. I have to wonder if they're all unsolved ...

Attachments

• murdered women Montreal 3.jpg
    murdered women Montreal 3.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 173

The mother is reported as saying it was between 12:00-12:30. Other reports say between 12:00-1:00.

If the friend called her to see if she made it home safely, wouldn't they have called approx. 10-15 minutes after Samantha left? Just check the timestamp on the friend's phone, and work back from there. If there was no response from Samantha's phone until 1:40, did the friend call the fiance to make sure she made it home?

She left the party before 1AM. At 1:10AM she spoke to her fiance and said she was having fun. At 1:40 she texted, in response the the question of whether she made it home safe "Yup", a word that she doesn't normally use.

She left the party before 1AM. At 1:10AM she spoke to her fiance and said she was having fun. At 1:40 she texted, in response the the question of whether she made it home safe "Yup", a word that she doesn't normally use.

Yes, thanks I know the timeframe she left party and the messages to/from her phone, what I am questioning is why the time she left the party can't be narrowed down.

She only lived 10 mins away and her friend may not have kept track of the time (which is understandable) however, she did call her to make sure she arrived home safely. We don't know what time the friend called Samantha, but it must have been shortly after she left. If the friend checked her own phone to see what time/s she called Samantha we should get a more accurate time for when she left the party.

The 1:10 call (saying she was having fun) would indicate to me that she was still at the party at 1:10 which is outside the timeframe we have been given.

Either she was having fun somewhere else, or she was still at the party. I'm leaning towards her still being at the party.

The friend has commented on Facebook that Samantha left between 12.30 am & 1 am... FWIW

Yes, thanks I know the timeframe she left party and the messages to/from her phone, what I am questioning is why the time she left the party can't be narrowed down.

She only lived 10 mins away and her friend may not have kept track of the time (which is understandable) however, she did call her to make sure she arrived home safely. We don't know what time the friend called Samantha, but it must have been shortly after she left. If the friend checked her own phone to see what time/s she called Samantha we should get a more accurate time for when she left the party.

The 1:10 call (saying she was having fun) would indicate to me that she was still at the party at 1:10 which is outside the timeframe we have been given.

Either she was having fun somewhere else, or she was still at the party. I'm leaning towards her still being at the party.

It was a party and people were drinking, so it's unlikely that anyone checked the time when she left. It's more likely that the time she left was constructed from other people's timelines, narrowing the time that she left to a time frame of 30-60 minutes.

The friend has commented on Facebook that Samantha left between 12.30 am & 1 am... FWIW

That fits with the timeline of speaking to her fiance and telling him that she's having fun at 1:10AM. Between 1:10 and 1:40, most likely between the party and McDonald's restaurant, she encountered the wrong person. What's so strange is that she basically spent the last year pregnant and looking after an infant - hard to believe that she made an enemy in that time - so (in my opinion) that leaves random/stranger abduction to explain what happened. The dismemberment in a stranger abduction means this person is very concerned about the body being discovered and connected to him (or her). I hope there's enough CCTV footage to identify the responsible person quickly.

That's where I'm going with this too.
I got these names from an earlier post. I have to wonder if they're all unsolved ...

Thank you for the maps, Otto!

Yes, those are all unsolved crimes :(, although there is a suspect (no charges) in Jolene Reindeau's murder.

Thanks so much for the map Otto. That's awesome. Can we also add 12 year old Tammy Leaky who was kidnapped from Pointe St. Charles just blocks from Sharron and Jolene and found murdered later the same day - still unsolved.
There was talk a few years back of a pedophile serial killer in this area but nothing ever came of that. There was a day of horror back in the 80's when three little boys were kidnapped on the same day : Wilton Lubin ( body found in Longueuil by the river), Sebastien Metivier ( body never found), and Maurice Viens ( body found in an abandoned farmhouse across the bridge on the South shore). A few months later a 4 year old named Denis Roux Bergevin (body found just across the Champlain Bridge in Brossard) was also kidnapped and murdered. Maurice and Denis were taken from this same Centre Sud area as Tammy and the other female victims. Every single one of these bodies including the ones on Otto's map were found across the bridge on the South Shore. WTH?

I'm still 50/50 as to whether Samantha knew her killer but if it was random the. The police better once and for all take a serious look at all these other victims and the South Shore connection.

Sorry I am on my phone and unable to edit but Jessica was taken from Lasalle and found in Pte. St Charles ( near access road to Victoria Bridge) and Tammy was taken from Pte St. Charles and found hours later on Lindsay road in Dorval so not South shore but definitely taken from same general area as other victims.

Thanks so much for the map Otto. That's awesome. Can we also add 12 year old Tammy Leaky who was kidnapped from Pointe St. Charles just blocks from Sharron and Jolene and found murdered later the same day - still unsolved.
There was talk a few years back of a pedophile serial killer in this area but nothing ever came of that. There was a day of horror back in the 80's when three little boys were kidnapped on the same day : Wilton Lubin ( body found in Longueuil by the river), Sebastien Metivier ( body never found), and Maurice Viens ( body found in an abandoned farmhouse across the bridge on the South shore). A few months later a 4 year old named Denis Roux Bergevin (body found just across the Champlain Bridge in Brossard) was also kidnapped and murdered. Maurice and Denis were taken from this same Centre Sud area as Tammy and the other female victims. Every single one of these bodies including the ones on Otto's map were found across the bridge on the South Shore. WTH?

Thread here..
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-serial-killer-behind-7-cold-cases&p=9867551

"Quebec police believe SK responsible for child killings, 1980's-90's"

Sharron Prior

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ada-Sharron-Prior-16-Point-St-Charles-QC-1975

Could the perp have gotten her to make the phone call to fiance to tell him that she was having fun and fearing for her life she complied?

I happened to hear Samantha's mother on CJAD making a plea for her return when she was missing. I noticed the timeline was a little bizarre at the beginning. She said that she left the party around midnight and then spoke to her boyfriend at 1:10am to say she was having fun. I remember catching that and saying aloud while I was driving "that's a missing hour!" So from the beginning it's been that she left around midnight and her boyfriend has a time stamp of speaking to her at 1:10am ( there was always an emphasis on that time stamp in media interviews. There was no mention of a friends texting at the time.

Could the perp have gotten her to make the phone call to fiance to tell him that she was having fun and fearing for her life she complied?

Welcome to Ws bonneventure!

Excellent suggestion, considering the " yup " text, was apparently not something Samantha would say.

Thankyou for the welcome, I agree with her father in thinking that she prob didnt make it to the mcdonalds, I think that she was abducted before and transported somewhere. Has any of the Mcdonalds patrons spoke out about seeing her?

Two sides of the same coin.

http://ericahutton.blogspot.ca/2011/03/psychological-associations-of.html

"Dismemberment is classified as a form of picquerism, the stabbing or wounding of an individual resulting in sexual gratification (Holmes & Holmes, 2002). Therefore, dismemberment although sadistic, is actually a sexually driven behavior demonstrable of the supremacy and hegemony that the perpetrator holds over their victim."

snip>

"It is highly plausible that dismemberment is often times associated with hiding a body. The psychological connotation associated to the killer that proceeds to dismember a victim for the purpose of concealing the body is psychologically aware of their wrongdoing. They are more likely to take precautionary measures in dismembering to evade any possible detection as a suspect in the killing."

I'm shocked at how many unsolved murdered women/girls there are in the area!

If anyone sees errors, or has something to add, please post a comment and I'll make corrections and updates. I find it shocking to see it laid out on a map. Police must be looking for a serial killer.

Perhaps a wild thought, but there's also the Long Island killer - also some dismembered bodies in those unsolved murders - also close to water.

Attachments

• murdered women Montreal 4.jpg
    murdered women Montreal 4.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 39
  • murdered women Montreal 4a.jpg
    murdered women Montreal 4a.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 40
  • long island killer.jpg
    long island killer.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 41

Members online

Online statistics