Found Deceased Canada - Samantha Higgins, 22, LaSalle, QC, 6 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks to all that are trying to provide a link to the RIP FB page. The trouble is that it is now private which means if you 'liked' it or became a member before the administrators of the page changed its settings then you can still see it as normal. However, newcomers or people following links from here are getting a "this page does not exist or has changed it permissions etc"

Regarding the individual on that page spouting about knowing who did it - he seems a real crackpot if it's the posts I managed to read before access to the page was tightened. Firstly he did not know SH and did not seem to live in the area and secondly he was vehement in his accusations which he said were based on a 'gut feel'. Thirdly, he was really bombing the page with comments when the general vibe was to express grief and sympathy for the family.
Maybe there were other posters too...but that one seemed a loon!

rbbm.

Maybe he is the one to be getting checked out..

Does anyone know if Samantha and her fiance lived alone?

In the 8 minute video around the 2:37 mark Samantha's step father eludes to the fact that perhaps Samantha and her fiance might have been living with his parents. He said he went to his (fiance) house to explain to him and his parents that Samantha had been found.

I guess "his" (fiance) parents might have been there to help watch the children, not because they all lived together.

Link to video: http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/mobile/video?playlistId=1.2464330

My guess is the parents don't live there, but live not far from there, perhaps ST-Henri or Pointe-st-charles, Verdun, most of Irish/English community lives in the south-west of Montreal.

I don't know, that would be too obvious, then again i don't think like a killer i guess lol...

There are at least 4 locations in this crime - in my mind:

-Abduction Location

-Murder Location

-Recovery Location of Torso

-(as yet undetermined) Recovery location of legs

JMO

I think the Murder and Dismemberment location will be the same.

Then there will also be the location(s) where the phone is maybe found along with other discarded items such as instrument used to dismembering the body, bloody towels, sheets, cleaning supplies used to clean up scene, perps bloody clothing, Samantha's personal items such as her purse, keys.

If I were the investigator on this case, I would be searching every dumpster between the friends house and Samantha's residence, particularly the dumpster at McDonalds since the phone was said to last ping there.

Bodies are usually dismembers for ease of movement and transportation. Trying to lift and carry a 150 lbs of dead weight, no pun intended, is not easy. Trying to place a body into a vehicle without drawing attention to ones self would be no easy task either. Dismemberment could suggest only one perp involved.

JMO

Does anyone know if Samantha and her fiance lived alone?

In the 8 minute video around the 2:37 mark Samantha's step father eludes to the fact that perhaps Samantha and her fiance might have been living with his parents. He said he went to his (fiance) house to explain to him and his parents that Samantha had been found.

I guess "his" (fiance) parents might have been there to help watch the children, not because they all lived together.

Link to video: http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/mobile/video?playlistId=1.2464330

Wow. I hadn't seen that interview. Thanks for posting it. He clearly says he went to his house but then he says he spoke to his mom so it appears his parents were at the house. It was his mom's bday. Interesting. :thinking:

All summer long, Mercier bridge is closed on one side due to repairs, so it's one lane only going in and one lane out of Montreal. Nightmare traffic occurs only from 6-9 AM going INTO Montreal and 4-7 PM heading southshore. in the middle of the night, not much traffic out there. So the person/gang who did this probably used Mercier Bridge/Route 138 to Huntigndon. I know that McDonalds is a hangout for a lot of black people in Lasalle, but if a black person would be seen in Hinchinbrooke, people would have noticed( no racism intended). So the person who dropped the bag is probably white. Just my opinion.

My guess is the parents don't live there, but live not far from there, perhaps ST-Henri or Pointe-st-charles, Verdun, most of Irish/English community lives in the south-west of Montreal.

I'm kind of leaning towards the his parents not living together with him and Samantha too.

I think if his parents lived there together with Samantha and her fiance, he and Samantha might have been together that night while the parents watched the children.

JMO

snip... He clearly says he went to his house but then he says he spoke to his mom so it appears his parents were at the house. ...snip

Yes, I thought that it was strange that the step-father said "his" house instead of "their" house. I'd assumed that perhaps the fiancee was staying with his parents as he may have been needing help with the children.
Another possibility for that wording is that perhaps SH moved into her boyfriend's place when they started living together and so maybe it's always been referred to as 'his' place from an earlier time...

Is there a map showing distance from friends house to mcdonalds? Also it is a straight walk or did she have to take any secluded parts to get home?
I think she could of been abducted before she got to mcdonalds and transported to murder location.... Someone who knows the area and lives in area.
Was the body thrown off a bridge or placed in area?
So many questions! Such a heartbreaking story

Hi I'm new here, too. Following the case as a (somewhat) local. I get the impression that Sam and Nick (the fiance) lived together with the two children. Maybe he was at his parent's house since all of this started. It must be a media circus around his place and with two small children, I'm sure he needed all the help he could get.
In discussing with my fiance, he said that (if I were to go missing and be found murdered), he would not want to visit the site where the body was found, so to him, that's not a red flag necessarily. He finds that the family's constant media presence is really odd.
I think the lack of media attention surrounding the fiance is probably more to protect the children.
My personal feeling is that she never left the party.
I would like to know who was calling her at 5am. It's possible that her fiance was calling all night to see where she was and when she didn't answer/went to voicemail he assumed she had slept over. Then when she still wasn't around at noon he got worried.

Is there a map showing distance from friends house to mcdonalds? Also it is a straight walk or did she have to take any secluded parts to get home?
I think she could of been abducted before she got to mcdonalds and transported to murder location.... Someone who knows the area and lives in area.

I don't think she went to McDonalds, i think she just walked in front of it or the cellphone was dropped there, Lise Street is across the street from McDonalds.How far is the friend's house on Lise, i don't know. She either vanished on Lise, Newman, Shevshenko,David-Boyer, that is the way to get to her house from Lise Street, and there is too much action on Newman to kidnap someone, unless you are very unlucky. No clue on whether she was thrown or dropped.

I don't think we have a precise address for the party/drinks night but it was hinted as being 1 or 2 blocks away from the McDs. Somebody upthread made a good aerial map which shows the main locations of Party, McDs and Home. If she was to have cut through the carpark after reaching McDs and continued along the ruelle I can see some areas that would be dark and desolate, however the consensus is that she never made it as far as that...

I don't think it has been reported how the bag made it into the water but the water was shallow so it was not carried there by current and the reports said "under the bridge". To get it there more precisely than throwing it off the bridge would mean a pretty cumbersome and steep climb with a heavy load...

ETA: And by the way, welcome to all the new sleuthers: :welcome5:

Did the fiance call her friend that night when she didn't come home after saying she was going to be going home soon?

I don't think we have a precise address for the party/drinks night but it was hinted as being 1 or 2 blocks away from the McDs. Somebody upthread made a good aerial map which shows the main locations of Party, McDs and Home. If she was to have cut through the carpark after reaching McDs and continued along the ruelle I can see some areas that would be dark and desolate, however the consensus is that she never made it as far as that...

I don't think it has been reported how the bag made it into the water but the water was shallow so it was not carried there by current and the reports said "under the bridge". To get it there more precisely that throwing it off the bridge would mean a pretty cumbersome and steep climb with a heavy load...

Not the exact locations but according to article the party was at:

Samantha Higgins, 22, went missing overnight from July 6 to 7 after leaving a friend's home at the corner of Newman Boulevard and Lise Street in LaSalle.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...anished-after-leaving-friend-s-home-1.3144560

Welcome to all the new members! So glad you joined us.

Hopefully the police are absolutely canvassing every inch in the relatively small radius between Lise street, the McDonalds, and her apartment. Can locals bear the scene confirm that there is/was a police presence? From what I am seeing on tv it doesn't seem to be the case :(.

Why go so far down to Hichinbrooke if it wasn't "on his way"? He probably disposed of the legs before the body. It gets rural pretty quickly after you cross over. Its just weird to me. Do we think he turned back to Montreal? I know we are way backwards when it comes to camera surveillance but please tell me that the Federal Bridge Corporation maintains cameras on the Mercier?? Surely with some diligent police work they can see what vehicles left and came back over the bridge within the span of less than two hours on early Tuesday morning. There should be tons of cameras on Newman and Shevshenko as well. This all happened from disappearance to discovery in the span of less than 60 hours so clues should be fresh. I hope that the Surete and the SPVM working together will help the case.

I don't think it has been reported how the bag made it into the water but the water was shallow so it was not carried there by current and the reports said "under the bridge". To get it there more precisely that throwing it off the bridge would mean a pretty cumbersome and steep climb with a heavy load...

ETA: And by the way, welcome to all the new sleuthers: :welcome5:
Great point about not being able to throw the bag over the bridge, to land UNDER the bridge.

Killer likely pulled over and got out of his vehicle (or got off his bike) and walked down the bank to put the bag under the bridge.

Hey I'm new to this site. I knew Samantha Higgins and I live pretty much right next to the McDonald's in question.

I've been reading this thread and I just wanted to clarify some things for you guys and gals.

First it wasn't a party... More of a couple of friends drinking on a Monday night kinda night (that happens quite often in Montreal for those of you not from here)..

Second the McDonald's in question is ALWAYS busy. It closes at midnight but the drive through stays open all night except between 4:30 and 5:00 am. (They change over to the breakfast system and can't take orders) many people walk through the drive through and there's always people hanging outside, there are quite a few bars on the stretch of Newmand Boul. So there tends to be drunk people there a lot as it's the only fast food chain opened on the street late at night. (Drunk people love McDonald's) there's a pretty busy bar/pool hall directly across the street. Now I know typically bars wouldn't be busy on a Monday night. But the bar across the street always has people playing the VLT machines. Monday night is a big night for machine players, they can play and not be bothered by a super packed bar. There's no way the street was empty at 1 am.

Also for people asking the FB page has not been taken down. It was set to private so the admins can delete people being disrespectful and talking about the investigation.

Thank-you for joining our discussion at WS - excellent post.

You have pointed out here that there is not ONLY a McDonald's on that street.

What is the name of the bar/pool hall? (and what is a VLT machine)

What are the "habits" of hard core VLT machine users?

What other establishments would have been open at 1 am on a Monday night in that area (or had a closing time of MIDNIGHT)

The whole text message saying she arrived home safe has me a little baffled.

If Samantha was abducted by a complete stranger, why would this person go to the trouble of replying to a text message Samantha received asking if she made it home safe?

My feeling are the text message was sent to assure someone that Samantha was safe, so no one would come looking for her.

If the text message was NOT actually written by Samantha, like her family claims because she would never use the word "yup" than who would care if someone came looking for Samantha at that time, to write the text message in response?

Obviously if Samantha was abducted while she walked down the street to her home, by a person who dumped her body in a creek where she was found after cutting her legs off, this person wouldn't care if someone came looking for her if no one responded to the text message asking if she arrived home safe, since this person was likely in a car driving away from the general area where Samantha should have been at the time of the text message.

Who would want Samantha's friends to think she was OK so no one would come looking for her, possibly knocking on her door to make sure she arrived home safe????

Cell phone records are going to show where Samantha's phone was at 1:40 AM when the text message was sent. The cell phone towers will even tell investigators in what direction from the tower the phone was when the messages and calls were made and received. I looked at a map showing cell phone tower location for the area around McDonalds and there are only a few different towers in that general vicinity.

Link to cell phone tower map: http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/...73.629570&zoom=18&type=roadmap&layers=a&pid=0

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler
Back