Found Deceased Canada - Samantha Higgins, 22, LaSalle, QC, 6 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think you summed up my viewpoints of the family in a very politically correct way. I was part of the Facebook tribute page for Samantha and I had to leave because of all the nonsense, drama and general nativity of the family and friends. I'm not out to bash them or plant a label on them, but it's unfortunately a reality of being a product of their environment. Th

WOW. I can't believe this was even written and that it got "thanks" votes on top of it. Anyone from ANY EDUCATION and ANY TYPE OF BACKGROUND can be unwittingly pulled into an abusive relationship. This post is completely looking down upon a group of people who have lost a sister/friend/daughter/relative to brutal murder and dismemberment that NOBODY SAW COMING! Shame!

Although he's charged with first degree murder, I suspect his lawyer's first request will be to reduce it to second degree. I could easily see him using a defence that Samantha was a danger to the children and he lost it. The fact that he has had custody, and is reportedly a good father, would support any claim that he was the sober, primary caregiver of the children and he feared for their safety ... that it was an accident where he tried to control a drunk, something went wrong, he panicked, he tried to get rid of the body ... cut her in two ... and the rest is history.

The only problem with this theory is the victim, as described by those who knew her, was a devoted mother who spent all her time with her children... far from a party gal. Perhaps if she'd had recognized drinking issues this would be a valid defence, but as it stands, the accused doesn't seem to have anything to go on where being a danger to the children is concerned.

I can see the part about it being an "accident" though. From the little I've read/seen on the person - his responses in his previous trial, his demeanour during the interview - I can see a domestic violence thing that went way too far, him panicking and trying to dispose of the body rather than calling it in. I have difficulty conceiving of this person as capable of forming intent to murder.

:facepalm:

rbbm.
" It can happen in any demographic and any educated or uneducated woman can get caught up in an abusive situation and be naive to it until it's too late"

Ita with this particular sentiment, it can and does happen to anyone from any background.
S.H's family have suffered a terrible and tragic loss, yet demonstrate remarkable dignity and strength, imo.

Being as he is charged with murder in the first, which is premeditated, IMO I doubt he murdered her in their house, as it's difficult to get rid of evidence such as blood in her type of murder (dismemberment). The call he made to her at 1:10am was to get an idea of when she was leaving her friend's place. Reports state she was last seen/disappeared from the vicinity of McDonalds, which leads me to believe he either picked her up there, or en route, or he was waiting for her to walk into the house, invited her to go with him somewhere...Out for a drive, or to get something to eat, or to pick up the children? If he picked her up at McD's or en route, no one would notice or suspect anything suspicious as she would have willingly gotten in the car with him. Whatever happened, it was all planned on his part. I suspect he put supplies (garbage bags and saw or knife) in the trunk of the car. If he used a gun, there would not be any struggles kwim. His past charge involving a gun, pellet IIRC, could be an indication he had interest in guns and may have illegally owned one. I suggest illegally due to his past record.

Going back to an article from July 9th, it was SH's friend who claimed NF was at home with the children. Is this what SH told her or did she assume that? Did NF ask his mother or someone else to take the children for the night saying he was also going out, or was taking SH out? Did he using the excuse they were going to pick up the children late that night in order to get SH to go for a drive with him?

I suspect he is not the brightest crayon in the box, but I doubt he would be dumb enough to leave damaging evidence such as blood, in the house. Glad this case is moving along very quickly and there will be justice for SH. My deepest sympathy to her loved ones. RIP Samantha. Heaven has gained another Angel.

ALL MOO.

McKernan said Higgins's boyfriend, who was home with the children on the night in question, is extremely distraught by her disappearance.

Higgins spoke with her boyfriend of seven years by phone around 1:10 a.m. on July 7, said McKernan, who said the time stamp was still in boyfriend Nick's call log. She said she would be home soon.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/police-ask-help-finding-samantha-132715525.html

Swedie, I was thinking along the same lines as you. It's very probable the NF intercepted SH on her walk home. Early details on social media described her as being "incoherently drunk" when she left the friend's house, so if would have been quite easy to convince her to get into the car. From there it's pure speculation. Did they argue and things escalated from there? Did she pass out and NF snapped and kill her then?

i also thought of something else. Early reports indicated her last phone call or text message was timestamped at 1:10 or 1:40am. However I also read somewhere else that the last cell phone signal was sent out around 5am near the McDo on Newman and Lasalle. Since then, I have not read anything in the media reports to support this.

It's late and I've read so much over the past week and half that I cannot recall where I had seen this. Does this ring a bell to anyone else?

Sorry I don't want to scroll backwards for the times, I forget, what time did samanta's friend text her? & what time did she talk to nf?
Because walking distance from mcdonalds to her house(by the shortcut) is only about a 2-5 minute walk. Is it possible that it would pick up the mcdonalds location if she was home (already murdered) & that was nf on her phone pretending tohave spoken to her?
Maybe while she was at the party he was home preparing his evil plan & then she came home drunk & he took action.
I think she left the party around 12:30ish??
That would give her 10min to walk home & by the time nick f made that phone call from her phone she was already gone.

Swedie, I was thinking along the same lines as you. It's very probable the NF intercepted SH on her walk home. Early details on social media described her as being "incoherently drunk" when she left the friend's house, so if would have been quite easy to convince her to get into the car. From there it's pure speculation. Did they argue and things escalated from there? Did she pass out and NF snapped and kill her then?

i also thought of something else. Early reports indicated her last phone call or text message was timestamped at 1:10 or 1:40am. However I also read somewhere else that the last cell phone signal was sent out around 5am near the McDo on Newman and Lasalle. Since then, I have not read anything in the media reports to support this.

It's late and I've read so much over the past week and half that I cannot recall where I had seen this. Does this ring a bell to anyone else?

IMO I don't think there was any argument or NF snap. Again first degree murder is premeditated, he planned her murder. Second degree would be the charge if it was a heat of the moment murder.

I recall something about the 5am info but cannot remember the details. If it had pinged around McD's, perhaps that is when he got back from dumping her body. Did he go to McD's for something to eat and toss her phone in the garbage? If he had her phone or it was in the car while he was disposing of SH, it would have pinged in the location where she was found. Also, if he had his cell phone on him, his would also ping in the location she was found. Wonder where her cell phone pinged from at the time her friend text her an hour later, to see if she made it home safe. Being it was not like SH to use "yup/yep", was she already deceased and he was the one who responded with "yup/yep"?

This is what I could find about the 5am information.

Her cellphone went dead around 5 a.m.

http://www.cjad.com/cjad-news/2015/07/09/lasalle-woman-missing-since-monday-night

Higgins friend, who was the last person to see her, texted about an hour after her departure to see if she'd made it home safely.

McKernan said someone texted "Yup all safe" from her phone, but noted that Higgins did not typically use "yup" in text messages.

My heart sincerely goes out to her family.
How evil like this exists is beyond me

we discussed this a few pages back & it's much more complicated than this - not only can 'planned & deliberate' intent be formed immediately prior to the murder but there are also many circumstances in which the charge is automatically first degree, regardless of intent

IMO I don't think there was any argument or NF snap. Again first degree murder is premeditated, he planned her murder. Second degree would be the charge if it was a heat of the moment murder.

The fact that he is charged in the Montreal district, means the initial crime has been commited in Montreal... Do they take kidnapping as the initial crime or the murder act?(could be strangling or drugged). If initial crime occured in Ormstown, he would be charged in the Valleyfield district.

She has a Facebook page without much in the way of privacy settings.

Sick person I believe. If you look at the FB about section & specifically posting lovingly about her brother & sis in law, then tweeting watch NF in court links. Not of sound mind it would seem.

The only problem with this theory is the victim, as described by those who knew her, was a devoted mother who spent all her time with her children... far from a party gal. Perhaps if she'd had recognized drinking issues this would be a valid defence, but as it stands, the accused doesn't seem to have anything to go on where being a danger to the children is concerned.

I can see the part about it being an "accident" though. From the little I've read/seen on the person - his responses in his previous trial, his demeanour during the interview - I can see a domestic violence thing that went way too far, him panicking and trying to dispose of the body rather than calling it in. I have difficulty conceiving of this person as capable of forming intent to murder.

I am doubtful that the second degree charge will stand, but we'll see in August. Samantha had been drinking for hours, and Nick doesn't drink. A drunk parent that wants contact with an infant is a danger to that child on the basis of being drunk.

We have heard that the victim was a devoted mother, the suspect was a devoted father, that the couple were high school sweet hearts who have been together for seven years (that can't be true), and that they were wonderful, sweet, innocent people. We have also heard that he was controlling, he had custody of their daughter for much of the child's life (therefore they were not together for seven years), that her grandmother had custody for four months, and so on. There are obvious contradictions between what people say about the couple, and the reality of their relationship.

We heard from the people that hosted the party that they were bashed (media report) for allowing Samantha to walk home alone, and now we know that there was nothing wrong with letting her walk home alone. She arrived home safely. Those same people that bashed the party host made claims about the couple. They were wrong about the party host (I'm curious whether there was an apology), and they were wrong about the suspect. What are the chances that they were also wrong about the victim? It's not that unusual for those close to a victim to whitewash the victim's history.

Being as he is charged with murder in the first, which is premeditated, IMO I doubt he murdered her in their house, as it's difficult to get rid of evidence such as blood in her type of murder (dismemberment). The call he made to her at 1:10am was to get an idea of when she was leaving her friend's place. Reports state she was last seen/disappeared from the vicinity of McDonalds, which leads me to believe he either picked her up there, or en route, or he was waiting for her to walk into the house, invited her to go with him somewhere...Out for a drive, or to get something to eat, or to pick up the children? If he picked her up at McD's or en route, no one would notice or suspect anything suspicious as she would have willingly gotten in the car with him. Whatever happened, it was all planned on his part. I suspect he put supplies (garbage bags and saw or knife) in the trunk of the car. If he used a gun, there would not be any struggles kwim. His past charge involving a gun, pellet IIRC, could be an indication he had interest in guns and may have illegally owned one. I suggest illegally due to his past record.

Going back to an article from July 9th, it was SH's friend who claimed NF was at home with the children. Is this what SH told her or did she assume that? Did NF ask his mother or someone else to take the children for the night saying he was also going out, or was taking SH out? Did he using the excuse they were going to pick up the children late that night in order to get SH to go for a drive with him?

I suspect he is not the brightest crayon in the box, but I doubt he would be dumb enough to leave damaging evidence such as blood, in the house. Glad this case is moving along very quickly and there will be justice for SH. My deepest sympathy to her loved ones. RIP Samantha. Heaven has gained another Angel.

ALL MOO.

McKernan said Higgins's boyfriend, who was home with the children on the night in question, is extremely distraught by her disappearance.

Higgins spoke with her boyfriend of seven years by phone around 1:10 a.m. on July 7, said McKernan, who said the time stamp was still in boyfriend Nick's call log. She said she would be home soon.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/police-ask-help-finding-samantha-132715525.html

He had a taser during the robbery, and I think some type of gun as well.

If he took the car to pick her up, and then immediately murdered her and disposed of her body, there wouldn't be evidence in their home other than his clothing and the tools he used - and it would be surprising if he took those home again.

Morning news post on cbc

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/mon...sing-body-parts-of-samantha-higgins-1.3154138

I will bike by later & leave pink flowers. Time to add beauty to all this ugliness & I really don't want to keep thinking of body parts where we launch the boat.

If you have time, would you mind please taking some photos of the surrounding area, like the turnoff to the road that leads to the river and the general river area. I'm curious about whether it appears to be a well marked trail, or if it is a place that locals would most likely know.

In December of that year, Fontanelli and two friends followed an individual off a city bus. Fontanelli was armed with a taser and a pellet gun, which he pointed at the victim’s head.

The three got away with about $60, an iPod and a cell phone.

In audio recordings from a December 2013 court appearance, Fontanelli’s defence attorney, Jean-Marc Tremblay, can be heard describing his client as a young man with developmental delays and learning disabilities.

During that hearing, the crown prosecutor told Fontanelli he’d traumatized his victim, to which Fontanelli replied that he understood.

“I have learned a lot (about) being able to distinguish morals, as to right and wrong,” he said at the time.

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/man-suspected-of-samantha-higgins-murder-had-legal-history-1.2471413

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back