Found Deceased Canada - Samantha Higgins, 22, LaSalle, QC, 6 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is a weird little paragraph in the middle of an unrelated news summary page. It's just background information with a few more details about education and employment but, again, nobody saw this coming from NF. In so many cases around the world where it's been the lover/boyfriend/fiancee/husband people have often reported unsettling behaviours in these kind of background pieces.
Are the kind Quebecois protecting privacy and sensibilities here or did NF really fly under the radar?

http://montrealgazette.com/news/loc...n-connection-with-failed-water-meter-contract
Fontanelli must have been swift enough, if he was training as an electrician. Surprised by that one.

Jmo

i think he probably just left and did what he did during the night since his family lived in a multi family dwelling. prob figured if the kids awoke gma would hear?

I don't even know what to say. I'm in shock that it was (allegedly) her fiancé. It still doesn't make sense to me. How did no body hear anything? If his parents did watch the kids how come they didn't mention this at all?If they didn't watch the kids then how did he manage to kill, dismember and dump a body with a 4yo and 10 week old baby? Obviously they must have found hard evidence but to me there are still a million holes in the story.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...mmunity-sentence-when-fiancée-slain-1.3153945

Includes radio interview from 2010 with NF, sorry if already posted..

"One of them grabbed the victim, the other one searched for items and money. And the other one, that is Fontanelli, pointed a pellet gun to the head of the victim."

The prosecutor said Fontanelli had just found out Higgins was pregnant with their first child, and that caused him to "panic."

Fontanelli pleaded guilty to several charges including theft, assault and unauthorized possession of a weapon.

He told the court in 2013 that he'd learned his lesson.

"You should think a little harder before you do something. And I've learned a lot of being able distinguish from moral — what's right and wrong," he can be heard telling the court.

Fontanelli did not serve any jail time. He received a suspended sentence and was allowed to remain free as long as he followed a number of conditions".

NF has told the SQ where to find SH body parts. Here is the news link sorry it's French

http://m.radio-canada.ca/regions/mo...e-nicholas-fontanelli-parties-corps-sac.shtml

Thanks DD.

Nicholas Fontanelli, 22, has led investigators in the parish of the Most Blessed Sacrament, a municipality of 1,200 inhabitants located between Châteauguay and Huntingdon.

Witnesses report that police officers of the Sûreté du Québec (SQ) have conducted research using a boat and a helicopter in the area. The police recovered the Châteauguay River at least one bag of body parts Samantha Higgins say the same witnesses.

http://m.radio-canada.ca/regions/mo...e-nicholas-fontanelli-parties-corps-sac.shtml

so is she in more pieces than just missing her legs?

The video refers to the police finding the "rest of the body" and the headline beneath the video states "Fontanelli leads police to missing body parts of Samantha Higgins"

I hope that means they have her 100%. It would be awful for the family and friends if this draws out any longer...

The video refers to the police finding the "rest of the body" and the headline beneath the video states "Fontanelli leads police to missing body parts of Samantha Higgins"

I hope that means they have her 100%. It would be awful for the family and friends if this draws out any longer...

If he led police to the missing body parts, I think it would also mean that he confessed.

You don't tell the police to look for a body if you don't have some knowledge of why or how it go there.

JMO

I still don't see how NF did this all by himself. He needed two friends in 2010 to help assault and rob an elderly man. I don't think he could carry out this horrible crime alone. The murder, yes, but not the dismemberment and disposal, especially since there was more than one location involved. I think he needed help to carry it through, since the children were home and his parents were downstairs.
Did NF really think he would get away with this??

jmo

Not necessarily. That could be an example of lost in translation. The article was automatically translated.

YW Wondergirl

So, it translate properly. RDI they said multiple bags & parts so not clear if a leg in each or ?
They do confirm that NF took the SQ to recovery all the parts so we can be thankful for that closure to the family.

As I suspected, the body was most likely cut to make it easier to move the body after rigor mortis had set in.

"On ignore la raison exacte pour laquelle le suspect aurait démembré le corps de la victime après le meurtre, mais des sources croient qu'il était ainsi tout simplement plus facile de transporter le cadavre sans attirer l'attention et de s'en débarrasser."

'The exact reason why the suspect dismembered the body of the victim after the murder is unknown, but sources believe it was to make it easier to carry, and get rid of, the corpse without attracting attention."

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/j...li-de-voleur-repenti-a-suspect-de-meurtre.php

I still don't see how NF did this all by himself. He needed two friends in 2010 to help assault and rob an elderly man. I don't think he could carry out this horrible crime alone. The murder, yes, but not the dismemberment and disposal, especially since there was more than one location involved. I think he needed help to carry it through, since the children were home and his parents were downstairs.
Did NF really think he would get away with this??

jmo

If he had help I doubt he would have dismembered the body. IMO the reason he dismembered her body was because he couldn't carry her whole.

In the pictures I seen of NF standing next to Samantha he wasn't that big of a guy. He was about the same size as Samantha and she was reported to be five-feet-two-inches tall and 150 pounds. I'm 6'1" and weigh over 250 pounds and I would have trouble lifting a 150 pound body and carrying it to a car.

Struggling to place a body into a car like a VW Jetta by yourself would likely attract some attention too. Placing a few trash bags in the trunk might not.

JMO

"According to Radio-Canada, it was on July 14, the day he was formally charged in court, that Fontanelli led investigators to the municipality of Très-Saint-Sacrement, which is situated about 70 kilometres southwest of Montreal and about 20 kilometres from Hinchinbrooke.

Witnesses said that provincial police officers carried out a search in the area with the help of a boat and helicopter. Officers pulled at least one bag out of the Châteauguay River that contained body parts of Samantha Higgins.

The Sûreté du Québec refused to confirm these details."
rbbm
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...sing-body-parts-of-samantha-higgins-1.3154138

If he led police to the missing body parts, I think it would also mean that he confessed.

You don't tell the police to look for a body if you don't have some knowledge of why or how it go there.

JMO

Agree. Hope they didn't offer a plea deal.

Yes, I agree with Joe Friday above: that the dismemberment happened to make it easier to move the body. Earlier in this thread I had similar thoughts that the offender might be a smaller-framed man or a woman. I don't think he had help before, during or after the crime other than something like "Mum! Mind the girls and I'm borrowing the car"

This link below has details about the relative weights of different parts of the body (not gruesome, just factual) and the torso is about 50%: For a short, smaller guy like NF I think the cutting up was a desperate attempt at disposal without detection.
http://www.strangequestions.com/que...-body-part-comprise-Head-arms-legs-torso.html

Clueless. So sad.
I couldn't read all of SL's tweet but the message is on FB. (Is it okay for me to say that?) What could she possibly think would be interesting for VH to know at a time like this?

Yes I read that too. Figure it's the same as when someone goes postal & all the neighbours interviewed are like he was a quiet guy, never any problem...

Their relationship seems to have been quite up and down, where he had custody of their daughter for a year more, Samantha's grandmother had custody for 4 months, Nick fought for custody of their daughter, Samantha lived with her mother when she was pregnant with the second child, Nick picked their daughter up from childcare ... it seems like it was a community effort to raise the daughter.

Was he really upset that she had been drinking from 7PM-1AM, and then perhaps she intended to handle a 10 week old infant? Did they argue when she came home and it all went wrong? Was he trying to protect the children and they fought hard?

I don't even know what to say. I'm in shock that it was (allegedly) her fiancé. It still doesn't make sense to me. How did no body hear anything? If his parents did watch the kids how come they didn't mention this at all?If they didn't watch the kids then how did he manage to kill, dismember and dump a body with a 4yo and 10 week old baby? Obviously they must have found hard evidence but to me there are still a million holes in the story.

That's exactly what I wondering as well. How could his family not know anything if he needed several hours to dismember and dispose of a body? Surely someone was aware of the fact that he, or he and the children, were also missing either through the night or on the morning of July 7.

If the body was disposed of between July 7 and July 9, how did that happen without the police noticing? Was it 9PM when police were first contacted? Were they initially convinced that Nick was not involved, so they didn't bother to keep an eye on him?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...mmunity-sentence-when-fiancée-slain-1.3153945

Includes radio interview from 2010 with NF, sorry if already posted..

"One of them grabbed the victim, the other one searched for items and money. And the other one, that is Fontanelli, pointed a pellet gun to the head of the victim."

The prosecutor said Fontanelli had just found out Higgins was pregnant with their first child, and that caused him to "panic."

Fontanelli pleaded guilty to several charges including theft, assault and unauthorized possession of a weapon.

He told the court in 2013 that he'd learned his lesson.

"You should think a little harder before you do something. And I've learned a lot of being able distinguish from moral — what's right and wrong," he can be heard telling the court.

Fontanelli did not serve any jail time. He received a suspended sentence and was allowed to remain free as long as he followed a number of conditions".

He's also smart enough to know how to give the right answer to get out of facing the consequences for committing criminal acts. He blames his girlfriend's pregnancy for his decision to rob someone. I'm sure he will blame her for murdering her as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back