Canada - Sentry killed in War Memorial shooting, Ottawa, 22 Oct 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Absolutely disgusting! The 24 year old man that was standing guard at the war memorial was not even armed. He was just a young man standing there, a reservist, shot four times - no way to defend himself. It's shocking that ISIS thinks that this is how to make their mark in the world ... I can't say it enough ... what a bunch of pathetic losers.

Twitter
Jon Willing
@JonathanWilling
Ottawa police: "Investigation in the downtown core has determined that there no longer exists a threat to public safety in the area."

I am trying to find link for the picture of the murderer.

In the video, in the hall, do you think the yelling is him or LE?

Ottawa Police @OttawaPolice · 7m 7 minutes ago

Police operation continues on #ParliamentHill. The Hill continues to be off limits to the public. #ottnews #ottawa

Not blocking off roads in and out of city. Downtown perimeter lockdown lifted however parliament building remains locked down as with Embassies and hospitals only have one entrance open and have police there. Public urged to stay away from downtown, no hockey game tonight, Chateau Laurier is still being searched room by room as well as parliament building. Still unsure how many shooters there were .

Not trying to distract anyone.

BUT did any U.S. people watch the most recent episode of "Madam Secretary"?

There was a quip in the latest episode when Beth asked if the Canadian Ambassador was angry that she missed her meeting with him.

A staff member said "in a Canadian sort of way" he's pissed. This kind of carp just perpetuates that Canadians are ineffectual when we all now know that ISIS has targeted Canadians rather that the U.S.. as of now.

Canadians are by no means fools, but they are laid back, easy going, relaxed, generous people that open their borders to people that want to have our easy, comfortable way of life. Recent discussions were about accepting 10,000 Syrian "refugees". I sure hope those "refugees" are very carefully screened.

It's not cool for people from the US to portray Canadians as not taking international affairs seriously.

Here's something I think both Canada and the US should consider. Both the man in today's shooting and the man who ran over the soldier on Monday , had their passports revoked. The later was on his way to Syria to fight with Isis. I say , let them go. Why do we wasn't them here? Let them go with the understanding that once they do that , they have revoked their citizenship.they will not be allowed back in. To keep them here we risk more acts of this kind because they are angry. If they hate their lives here in our democratic countries, let them go live with the barbarians.

The photo of the attacker, Michael Zehaf Bibeau is on the Ottawa Citizen website which is our main newspaper.

Attachments

• Michael Zehaf Bibeau.jpg
    Michael Zehaf Bibeau.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 82
Beatiful
parliament2.jpg

Canidian neighbor requested! Can you kind of type us through this picture where he entered the building:
images

parliment-buildings.jpg

GOt cbc:

tid bits:

has had mental health eval in his history
accused of a mugging
Dad had polical issues wiht Libya
jail time increased in one incident when he did not show up in court

The entrances, Public and Staff, are found in the Peace Tower..the center structure on the centre block
Photo 1..this picture was taken during Canada Day and the entrances to Parliament from the Peace Tower are not seen because there is a stage blocking the view
Photo 2..this is a picture of the rear of the Centre Block and the rounded portion is the Parliamentary Library...there is a ring round around the building but then its a cliff down to the Ottawa River
Photo 3..better view ...if you look at the bottom of the Peace Tower you will notice the arch ways those lead to the main doors BUT below that and it's not very visible in the photo there are other doors

98b5aa77-de90-4b80-9e69-063964fa3dc0-620x372.jpeg

image009.gif

Saw a reporter on Skype to Fox news say that downtown Ottawa had been put on high alert again. Can anyone confirm this ?

I have not heard that locally...Our Mayor has stated the lockdown has been lifted.

A little O/T, but not much ….. we had a 17-year old boy go missing in June … his parents looking for him everywhere … he sent infrequent messages to them from here and there. Just yesterday he showed up in a video from Syria, threatening violence in Australia and elsewhere. His parents are devastated.

"To the leaders, to Obama, to Tony Abbott I say this; these weapons that we have, these soldiers, we will not stop fighting, we will not put down our weapons until we reach your lands, until we take the head of every tyrant and until the black flag is flying high in every single land," he said.

He said IS would fight until the black flag was flying over Buckingham Palace and the White House.

"Bring every nation that you want to come and fight us. It means nothing to us. Whether it's 50 nations or 50,000 nations, it means nothing to us," he said.

"Bring your planes. Bring everything you want to us. Because it will not harm us. Why? Because we have Allah."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-21/australian-is-fighter-threatens-tony-abbott-in-video/5830040

Canadians are by no means fools, but they are laid back, easy going, relaxed, generous people that open their borders to people that want to have our easy, comfortable way of life. Recent discussions were about accepting 10,000 Syrian "refugees". I sure hope those "refugees" are very carefully screened.

It's not cool for people from the US to portray Canadians as not taking international affairs seriously.

I always feel that the Canadians are the silent heros in world affairs. Unlike we in the US and sometimes Great Britian who seem to get all the glory. I feel like you know who you are and don't need the bravado. Anyone who thinks Canada is not a key player in Internstionsl affairs is ignorant.

A little O/T, but not much ….. we had a 17-year old boy go missing in June … his parents looking for him everywhere … he sent infrequent messages to them from here and there. Just yesterday he showed up in a video from Syria, threatening violence in Australia and elsewhere. His parents are devastated.

"To the leaders, to Obama, to Tony Abbott I say this; these weapons that we have, these soldiers, we will not stop fighting, we will not put down our weapons until we reach your lands, until we take the head of every tyrant and until the black flag is flying high in every single land," he said.

He said IS would fight until the black flag was flying over Buckingham Palace and the White House.

"Bring every nation that you want to come and fight us. It means nothing to us. Whether it's 50 nations or 50,000 nations, it means nothing to us," he said.

"Bring your planes. Bring everything you want to us. Because it will not harm us. Why? Because we have Allah."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-21/australian-is-fighter-threatens-tony-abbott-in-video/5830040

bbm: they must be crushed --

I always feel that the Canadians are the silent heros in world affairs. Unlike we in the US and sometimes Great Britian who seem to get all the glory. I feel like you know who you are and don't need the bravado. Anyone who thinks Canada is not a key player in Internstionsl affairs is ignorant.

Thanks for the vote of confidence hockeymom :)

(Nic like hockeymom sounds darn near Canuckian ;)

I agree.
And Thank You!!!

And that is why I found that "quip" from the U.S. tv show distasteful and insulting to
Canadians.

Does everyones sources confirm lockdown is over , everywhere?

The asking LE not to stop anywhere is bugging me. I mean I get that the murderers have been killing LE, but it "feels" like they know something.

ANd the length of lockdown is worrying - it was longer than like 9 hours --

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back