GUILTY Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i think jb's appearance in court is on the 30th of july? am i right?

Concerning Shannon's future prospects as an actress, imo Shannon would have been perfect as a children's, or youth t.v. host.
She could have been a " contender " she showed promise because of her interest, she deserved to keep following her dreams, they just might have come true.

Neither has the location, officially, as far as I've read..

Wondering about that as well, given that she traveled that day and we don't know how. I'm guessing it would have been at the residence, but if he drove her to Edmonton, it could have been elsewhere.

Well they did say she as found at the residence but that's as far as they went.

Great. Just what taxpayers need, to pay for his defense.

Interesting point. If he has no defense he could get life, which could cost a lot more money for taxpayers, in the long run. Not saying this man is innocent, but as lawmakers do, I understand that crimes are not black and white---hence first and second degree murder. Punishment by pitchfork may be cost-effective in some people's eyes, but this concept of human rights gets in the way.

Nancy Hixt @NancyHixt Aug 25
#yyc man accused of killing his wife made a brief court appearance. Joshua Burgess will now receive legal aid.

Nancy Hixt @NancyHixt Aug 25
Burgess is accused of the 2nd degree murder of Shannon Madill Burgess. The case has been put over until Sept 22 #yyc

I hadn't been here for a long time... and I have to say that I was shocked to hear that they'd found Shannon dead. Somehow, I was hoping that she was in hiding somewhere.

I don't remember when nor who talked about it, but I know that someone here had mentionned the possibility that Josh and Shannon were in a Dominant/submissive relationship. Was there any information anywhere about that, or was that based on the choker necklace that she's wearing on a picture? Because, in my opinion (I know quite a bit about bdsm), it does look like a "discreet" submissive collar... although I can't remember seeing other pictures where she was wearing it.

I'm talking about this because I've recently heard about a case (from someone I know) where a submissive left her dominant and... a little bit later that dominant totally lost it. He broke into her house, beated her badly and raped her. The reason to that was that he could not accept the fact that she was the one who'd ended the realtionship. Some dominants are gold... they treat their submissive like they're precious and they protect them... But there are more and more dominants who just want to feel the powertrip of having control over everything, and who consider submissives solely as toys or *advertiser censored*. They're dangerous because they don't care about safety... and accidents can and do happen...

There is also the possibility that the dominant is someone who's prone to temper issues and that he uses bdsm in order to "vent" his frustrations on submissives...

I hate saying that because, to me, bdsm can be something wonderful when done right but... there are some dangerous people out there, and you don't want to see those people dominating anyone, believe me. :(

[h=1]Evidence at Burgess prelim reduces victim's mom to tears[/h]By Kevin Martin, Postmedia Network First posted: Monday, August 08, 2016 04:31 PM MDT

Lisa Madill was hugged and consoled by supporters as she wiped her eyes after listening to the final witness of the day at the hearing to determine if her former son-in-law will stand trial for murder.

Others among the more than a dozen family and friends of Shannon Madill Burgess wiped away their own tears after hearing emotionally charged testimony.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/08/08/evidence-at-burgess-prelim-reduces-victims-mom-to-tears

More from same article as above, bbm:

Evidence at Burgess prelim reduces victim's mom to tears
By Kevin Martin, Postmedia Network First posted Monday, August 08, 2016 04:31 PM MDT

Crown prosecutors Susan Pepper and Sonya Bertrand expect to call nine witnesses at Burgess’ preliminary inquiry, which was originally scheduled for two weeks, but is expected to be completed Thursday.

At defence lawyer Allan Fay’s request, provincial court Judge Gord Wong imposed a publication ban on the evidence the prosecutors will present, including the testimony which had many in the courtroom gallery reduced to tears.

Fay indicated that while no final decision has been made he most likely will consent to his client’s committal to stand trial once the hearing is concluded.

Such decisions are commonplace as the test for a committal to be granted is a minimal one in that Wong will have to find there is some evidence a properly instructed jury could use to find the accused guilty.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/08/08/evidence-at-burgess-prelim-reduces-victims-mom-to-tears

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back