CANADA Canada - Shannon White, 32, missed work, left pet, Kamloops, BC, 1 Nov 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
  • shannon-white's-jeep.png;w=960;h=640;bgcolor=000000

Shannon White's Jeep parked in the 200-block of Nicola Street in downtown Kamloops, outside the Sacred Heart Cathedral. The vehicle was found on Nov. 2, a day after Shannon failed to arrive at work.

Landlords: Nothing seemed amiss when White left for work - Kamloops This Week

Last edited by a moderator:
Although it is unusual that she went missing on the morning of a workday, nothing really seems out of the ordinary at this time. Was she mentally healthy? I'm curious whether suicide is a possibility.

Although it is unusual that she went missing on the morning of a workday, nothing really seems out of the ordinary at this time. Was she mentally healthy? I'm curious whether suicide is a possibility.

Depression is a possibility, and sometimes kept hidden from even those closest. Her friend who spoke to her last saw nothing untoward in her behaviour, and SW had been making plans.

I am erring more to the thought that someone was either waiting for her, and followed her, or that she had arranged to meet someone.

Depression is a possibility, and sometimes kept hidden from even those closest. Her friend who spoke to her last saw nothing untoward in her behaviour, and SW had been making plans.

I am erring more to the thought that someone was either waiting for her, and followed her, or that she had arranged to meet someone.

“It was a very tumultuous relationship,” Makayla said.”It was not a very friendly breakup.”

This is a red flag for me. Was the ex-boyfriend stalking her. I am sure he knew her morning routine. Hopefully she hasn't been harmed.

I’m sure LE will work to try and eliminate the most statistical potential suspects first! Getting and recording a timeline of their activities leading up to her disappearance and corroborating any potential alibi’s! Likely have to wait and see how that plays out!

Does she live in the mountains or the valley? Where is her home and work location? What would be the likely route to work? The weather in Kamloops the last couple of days has been cool, cloudy and rainy. Which is pretty normal. It rains a lot in Kamloops. November 1st was 4 degrees C. Black ice is a danger in areas.
i was told from a friend down there. that the area approximately where her jeep was found, was a seven minute drive from her work.

I don't know whether I find the missing pink flower suspicious. Considering how many people think packages left on front porches are fair game I can see some random person just taking it because they like it. However, if there was some special meaning or person related to the flower and that changed, then I could see SW removing it herself.

Somewhat Interesting how the Jeep was found parked immediately adjacent to a stone cross on the ground! I wonder if that home besides the cathedral is where the priest who leads that church lives! Is there somehow any relevance in that maybe!

Last edited:
If she was in the hospital police would not continue to look for her. That’s likely the first thing they did once her jeep was found there.

I believe someone may have been in the jeep when she got in, she was carjacked and harmed or they need to look a little closer at the landlord.

Another thought I had is could it be an online stalker who saw her provocative pictures.

JMO MOO

I have been thinking a lot about how SW's car ended up on Nicola St. From the landlord's statement it appears she was leaving for work at her normal time. If she had something planned before work near Nicola St, she would have left earlier than usual in order to still arrive at work on time. To me, this suggests something happened on her way to work that altered her route.

I came up with the following scenario based on some assumptions that are only very loosely based in fact. The information regarding the breakup of a tumultuous relationship intrigues me and led me to speculate that maybe the ex-boyfriend was controlling and possibly abusive. If so he might be jealous and possessive. Perhaps he had found out that SW was starting to date someone else. He decided to confront her on that Monday morning. He waited for her to leave and then followed in his car. Upon turning onto Summit Drive towards her morning coffee place (Reservoir Coffee?), she notices his car in her rear view mirror.

She decides she doesn't want him to confront her at the coffee shop, so she passes it and turns right on McGill Road. Trying to lose him she turns left on busy Columbia Street. When she gets to 3rd Avenue, she thinks she has lost him and tries to turn left. However, she has to wait at the traffic light and by the time she enters 3rd Avenue he is catching up to her. Trying again to lose him she turns left on Nicola Street. Now she realizes she can't escape him and pulls over. He pulls over, grabs the flower (a previous gift from him) off the back of her jeep and confronts her. She gets out of the jeep and he talks her into (many psychopaths are good at this) getting into his car. He drives off with her and does something, something, something. I don't want to think about what.

Thanks for letting me try out my theory here. It is pure speculation and MOO. I am sure the RCMP have already checked out the ex-boyfriend. It will be interesting to see if he is named a POI.

I have been thinking a lot about how SW's car ended up on Nicola St. From the landlord's statement it appears she was leaving for work at her normal time. If she had something planned before work near Nicola St, she would have left earlier than usual in order to still arrive at work on time. To me, this suggests something happened on her way to work that altered her route.

I came up with the following scenario based on some assumptions that are only very loosely based in fact. The information regarding the breakup of a tumultuous relationship intrigues me and led me to speculate that maybe the ex-boyfriend was controlling and possibly abusive. If so he might be jealous and possessive. Perhaps he had found out that SW was starting to date someone else. He decided to confront her on that Monday morning. He waited for her to leave and then followed in his car. Upon turning onto Summit Drive towards her morning coffee place (Reservoir Coffee?), she notices his car in her rear view mirror.

She decides she doesn't want him to confront her at the coffee shop, so she passes it and turns right on McGill Road. Trying to lose him she turns left on busy Columbia Street. When she gets to 3rd Avenue, she thinks she has lost him and tries to turn left. However, she has to wait at the traffic light and by the time she enters 3rd Avenue he is catching up to her. Trying again to lose him she turns left on Nicola Street. Now she realizes she can't escape him and pulls over. He pulls over, grabs the flower (a previous gift from him) off the back of her jeep and confronts her. She gets out of the jeep and he talks her into (many psychopaths are good at this) getting into his car. He drives off with her and does something, something, something. I don't want to think about what.

Thanks for letting me try out my theory here. It is pure speculation and MOO. I am sure the RCMP have already checked out the ex-boyfriend. It will be interesting to see if he is named a POI.

Sounds plausible. I'm curious whether CCTV from the area helps. Hopefully some homeowners have cameras.

One of my theories (MOO) which is only speculation, is that at a stop light or stop sign, someone jumped in her car and had her drive to this spot to dump the vehicle and they transferred to another vechile.

The other one that comes up for me is that she parked here herself and voluntarily left, or there is self harm involved. Again, all just speculation.

MOO

This is just further speculation and only my opinion! The stranger carjacking theory seems very unlikely to me ! I’ve never really heard of any cases of that happening that results in a disappearance! But say that’s the case, what is the motive? It’s not the jeep, and the only other plausible motive to me would be sexual! Now if a sexually deviant suspect goes looking for a victim to rape, Shannon doesn’t seem like she would be the first choice! She’s not a 115lb woman, and it seems like she could put up a fight given her weight of 180lbs! To me she doesn’t fit the victim profile for a crime of opportunity of that type! This leads me to think that if foul play is involved, it was a targeted attack with a personal motive! There is an ex-boyfriend who likely knows where she lives! SW also has this “alter ego” social media profile on Instagram! To me this raises red flags! She even has some sexually suggestive and semi nude photos on her public profile! Any male that was an acquaintance of her’s and knew her name would be able to search and see her profile and even see that she has this sexualized “alter ego” profile! To me it seems that that could put her into a more vulnerable position than maybe she realized! The problem I have with the self harm theory, is her dog! I think if I knew I was going to commit suicide, I would 100% make sure that my dog was going to be looked after long term, and not end up at the spca or a home that I didn’t want for it! So having said all that, I still cannot figure out why her jeep was left where it was!

This is just further speculation and only my opinion! The stranger carjacking theory seems very unlikely to me ! I’ve never really heard of any cases of that happening that results in a disappearance! But say that’s the case, what is the motive? It’s not the jeep, and the only other plausible motive to me would be sexual! Now if a sexually deviant suspect goes looking for a victim to rape, Shannon doesn’t seem like she would be the first choice! She’s not a 115lb woman, and it seems like she could put up a fight given her weight of 180lbs! To me she doesn’t fit the victim profile for a crime of opportunity of that type! This leads me to think that if foul play is involved, it was a targeted attack with a personal motive! There is an ex-boyfriend who likely knows where she lives! SW also has this “alter ego” social media profile on Instagram! To me this raises red flags! She even has some sexually suggestive and semi nude photos on her public profile! Any male that was an acquaintance of her’s and knew her name would be able to search and see her profile and even see that she has this sexualized “alter ego” profile! To me it seems that that could put her into a more vulnerable position than maybe she realized! The problem I have with the self harm theory, is her dog! I think if I knew I was going to commit suicide, I would 100% make sure that my dog was going to be looked after long term, and not end up at the spca or a home that I didn’t want for it! So having said all that, I still cannot figure out why her jeep was left where it was!

I agree, not a carjacking. Probably foul play involving the ex-boyfriend. MOO

I just want to point out that her relationship ended in 2018. While this doesn't rule the ex out, it does make him a less likely suspect than if the relationship had ended more recently, IMO.

I believe her girlfriends have said it ended a year ago and they have been seeing each other intermittently since. Also the relationship was described as tumultuous. Don't have the link handy, but was reported upthread.

I just want to point out that her relationship ended in 2018. While this doesn't rule the ex out, it does make him a less likely suspect than if the relationship had ended more recently, IMO.

Here's the Link: Landlords: Nothing seemed amiss when White left for work - Kamloops This Week

"Makayla said she has known Shannon for two years. Shannon was single at the time she disappeared, but Makayla confirmed Shannon did have an ex-boyfriend, with whom White had issues, but they had been broken up for about a year.

Police have been made aware of Shannon’s former partner, Peverill said.

“It was a very tumultuous relationship,” Makayla said.”It was not a very friendly breakup. As far as anything else, the police have been notified as to any specific incidents.”

Makayla said Shannon and her ex had “intermittent contact” in the year since they broke up, but Shannon had not shared with her any recent encounters or communications between them."

Here's the Link: Landlords: Nothing seemed amiss when White left for work - Kamloops This Week

"Makayla said she has known Shannon for two years. Shannon was single at the time she disappeared, but Makayla confirmed Shannon did have an ex-boyfriend, with whom White had issues, but they had been broken up for about a year.

Police have been made aware of Shannon’s former partner, Peverill said.

“It was a very tumultuous relationship,” Makayla said.”It was not a very friendly breakup. As far as anything else, the police have been notified as to any specific incidents.”

Makayla said Shannon and her ex had “intermittent contact” in the year since they broke up, but Shannon had not shared with her any recent encounters or communications between them."
I edited my post. I had this ex confused with the ex Shannon broke up with when she met M.

Kamloops Mounties issue another appeal for information on Shannon White's whereabouts - Kamloops This Week

This recent article mentions Police have theorized that Shannon and her Jeep may have left town between the time she departed for work and when it was found parked on Nicola Rd! So depending on how much gas was in her jeep, the suspect likely would have needed/wanted to fill up! Police should check gas stations! With technology these days, you’d think the surveillance camera recordings would save for some time or have fairly long overwrite loops, so I would hope that there might be camera footage out there that provides some info! Probably wishful thinking! But if her jeep did leave town and the suspect had 24hrs and enough gas, it really complicates the situation of areas to search! Only speculation and just my opinion!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran
Back