CANADA Canada - Shannon White, 32, missed work, left pet, Kamloops, BC, 1 Nov 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From what I gather from her instagram she split up with ex husband in early 2018 and met her ex boyfriend in late 2018.

She started RV living with her ex-husband originally. Met her ex boyfriend and carried on the lifestyle.

Split from ex in 2020 and moved into the apartment where she lives now.

Was there a more recent bf?

I don't think so.

Yes there was a more recent boyfriend.

Landlords: Nothing seemed amiss when White left for work - Kamloops This Week

"Makayla said she has known Shannon for two years. Shannon was single at the time she disappeared, but Makayla confirmed Shannon did have an ex-boyfriend, with whom White had issues, but they had been broken up for about a year.

Police have been made aware of Shannon’s former partner, Peverill said.

“It was a very tumultuous relationship,” Makayla said.”It was not a very friendly breakup. As far as anything else, the police have been notified as to any specific incidents.”

Makayla said Shannon and her ex had “intermittent contact” in the year since they broke up, but Shannon had not shared with her any recent encounters or communications between them."

Yes there was a more recent boyfriend.

Landlords: Nothing seemed amiss when White left for work - Kamloops This Week

"Makayla said she has known Shannon for two years. Shannon was single at the time she disappeared, but Makayla confirmed Shannon did have an ex-boyfriend, with whom White had issues, but they had been broken up for about a year.

Police have been made aware of Shannon’s former partner, Peverill said.

“It was a very tumultuous relationship,” Makayla said.”It was not a very friendly breakup. As far as anything else, the police have been notified as to any specific incidents.”

Makayla said Shannon and her ex had “intermittent contact” in the year since they broke up, but Shannon had not shared with her any recent encounters or communications between them."
I think @MsMiniSleuth was talking about someone she may have been seeing in the last few months.

Super curious about "specific incidents" regarding the ex. I was looking through her IG account and some of the captions, even on posts over the summer, are interesting. She certainly seemed to be having issues with someone.

Last edited:
A travel trailer in the Silver Sage Trailer Court being searched by police belongs to the ex-boyfriend of missing woman Shannon White, according to friends and colleagues of White who spoke with KTW.

One acquaintance of White told KTW they had, in the past, borrowed the travel trailer for a vacation in the Cariboo. Another friend told KTW that White’s ex-boyfriend lives, or did live, in Silver Sage, which is on the Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc reserve, off Highway 5.

Both friends of White asked that their names not be published.

Meanwhile, an area west of Kamloops that is the subject of a search and rescue operation is believed to be near Inks Lake, off the Coquihalla Highway.

Travel trailer the focus of police search belongs to ex-boyfriend of missing Kamloops woman - Kamloops This Week

Is the big picture that : she has a bit of a messy situation with at least one man, she was driving to work, without explanation she took a detour to an ex-boyfriend's home, her vehicle returned to the area where it was found 45 minutes later, she's never seen again?

It doesn't look like she parked her vehicle where it was found, so how did the person who put it there get home? Help from a friend, taxi, public transport, bicycle? Someone saw something.

Bike or walk from the trailer park to where the vehicle was parked would take less than 30 minutes.

upload_2021-11-14_18-39-45.png

Sounds like she left home at Lower Sahali and her vehicle headed West on the Trans Canada highway rather than to work. The search is currently at Inks Lake along the Lac Le Jeune Road. Inks Lake is also accessible from the Coquihalla Highway (hwy 5).

The search led to the Silver Sage Trailer Park, where an ex-boyfriend lives. Her vehicle was found 30 minutes walking distance from the trailer park.

If someone was in her vehicle when she left that morning, her vehicle could have gone to Inks Lake and back to the location where it was parked at Nicola St. in 31 minutes.

upload_2021-11-14_19-5-32.png

Google Maps

She left for work at 8 AM, I understand that her vehicle was parked in the 200 block of Nicola St. at roughly 8:45 AM. I hope I got that right.

The person that parked the car could easily have gone for a coffee, done some shopping, and returned home a few hours later, so the time line after the vehicle was parked is vague.

I'm curious whether someone has returned to Inks Lake to ensure that a body is well hidden?

Is the big picture that : she has a bit of a messy situation with at least one man, she was driving to work, without explanation she took a detour to an ex-boyfriend's home, her vehicle returned to the area where it was found 45 minutes later, she's never seen again?

It doesn't look like she parked her vehicle where it was found, so how did the person who put it there get home? Help from a friend, taxi, public transport, bicycle? Someone saw something.

It's more likely that the ex-boyfriend confronted her and entered her vehicle at some point on her way to work (either in her driveway, at her coffee stop, or in workplace parking lot). It looks as if he drove with her west to Inks Lake where possible foul play occurred. He would have then dropped the jeep at Nicola St in front of the church. Perhaps he felt remorse and entered the church to seek forgiveness. Anyway, it would be a relatively short walk back to his trailer. This is all MOO

She left for work at 8 AM, I understand that her vehicle was parked in the 200 block of Nicola St. at roughly 8:45 AM. I hope I got that right.
The stock answer from the police about the time goes like this:

..........According to Kamloops RCMP, police have received information confirming White’s vehicle left town for a 45-minute period on Nov. 1, shortly after she was supposed to have arrived at work. Her vehicle was spotted travelling west on the Trans Canada Highway, leading officers to the Inks Lake area that was being searched on Nov. 12.....

Travel trailer the focus of police search belongs to ex-boyfriend of missing Kamloops woman - Kamloops This Week

She was due to be in work at 8.30 am. Their statement could mean that just after 8.30 her jeep left town for 45 minutes. So the time it was parked at the church could have been 9.15 rather than 8.45.

Last edited:
It's more likely that the ex-boyfriend confronted her and entered her vehicle at some point on her way to work (either in her driveway, at her coffee stop, or in workplace parking lot). It looks as if he drove with her west to Inks Lake where possible foul play occurred. He would have then dropped the jeep at Nicola St in front of the church. Perhaps he felt remorse and entered the church to seek forgiveness. Anyway, it would be a relatively short walk back to his trailer. This is all MOO

That is certainly what it looks like. I'm guessing that he was in her vehicle at her home that morning, as it's a narrow window of time between leaving her home, to Inks Lake, to parking the vehicle on Nicola Street (roughly 30 minutes).

It's also possible that this was premeditated and a location to put her body was pre-selected and prepped. That would further narrow the timeline from leaving her home and parking the vehicle 45 minutes later.

The stock answer from the police about the time goes like this:

..........According to Kamloops RCMP, police have received information confirming White’s vehicle left town for a 45-minute period on Nov. 1, shortly after she was supposed to have arrived at work. Her vehicle was spotted travelling west on the Trans Canada Highway, leading officers to the Inks Lake area that was being searched on Nov. 12.....

She was due to be in work at 8.30 am. There statement could mean that just after 8.30 her jeep left town for 45 minutes. So the time it was parked at the church could have been 9.15 rather than 8.45.

Thank you! That increases the amount of time for disposing of a body from 15 minutes to 45 minutes. That also allows for her meeting him at the coffee shop, where he could suggest they sit in her car and talk for a few minutes. The problem with that is that once they're in the area of coffee shops, they're also near CCTV.

Thank you! That increases the amount of time for disposing of a body from 15 minutes to 45 minutes. That also allows for her meeting him at the coffee shop, where he could suggest they sit in her car and talk for a few minutes. The problem with that is that once they're in the area of coffee shops, they're also near CCTV.
Which makes me doubt that she had arranged to meet up with him. First, like you say there's CCTV and secondly, she left for work that day at the usual time, according to her landlord.

If she was meeting up with him, I would assume she would've set off a bit earlier that morning.

It sounds like RCMP have a good understanding of what happened, and are gathering evidence to file charges. Although they have not named a person of interest, the have identified the person that they are investigating in relation to her disappearance. The ex-boyfriend must be anxiously looking for ways to skip town.

Which makes me doubt that she had arranged to meet up with him. First, like you say there's CCTV and secondly, she left for work that day at the usual time, according to her landlord.

If she was meeting up with him, I would assume she would've set off a bit earlier that morning.

I also doubt that she planned to meet with the ex-boyfriend on her way to work. That's not a good way to start a work day.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Binx005
Back