CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle and uniform, 23 killed - Portapique, NS *suspect dead*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on trying to find the location of the surveillance footage of him putting the vest on. at 10:55 to see how far it is from the location of the crash on hwy 2 in Shubencadie.

"The person who posted the video said it was taken from a surveillance camera outside their father’s business in Millbrook First Nation, just eight kilometres north of Brookfield."

Video appears to show Nova Scotia shooting suspect stop, change clothes amid killing spree

خرائط ‪Google

View attachment 244178
‬‏‏

Appears to be about 30km and 24min away
Right near an RCMP detachment!

I'm going to go with a malignant narcissist IMO
I know it's common to accuse murderers of narcissism, and very probably that is one of their qualities, but the criteria for diagnosis of narcissism is very broad and ordinary, and it doesn't predict violence. IMO, GW the denturist may have been a narcissist, but once he started killing people something more extreme was going on.

Some information I hadn’t noticed reported yet. A list. And I wonder if Gina was able to make a heroic 911 call or how the 2 officers tracked him down in the tragic shootout that occurred. So the vehicle he stole had to have came from around Shubenacadie as well as this was where his fake cruiser was burned.

“The Globe learned Wednesday that the gunman had gathered a list of people to target, according to one of his would-be victims.”

“Gina Goulet, a fellow denturist, was killed at her bungalow in the countryside outside Shubenacadie, more than 75 kms away from Portapique. It was also in Shubenacadie that the killer was in a shootout with the RCMP – a violent exchange that left Constable Heidi Stevenson dead and another Mountie injured. He wasn’t stopped until he reached Enfield, about half an hour north of Halifax, where two officers shot him dead.”
RCMP defend not sending emergency alert before Nova Scotia gunman was killed
Man I wish the other Mountie who was there besides Stevenson had gotten in a shot at the killer. So there must have been the 2 Mounties in the 1 cruiser as the other "Mountie" cruiser was the killer's? In the video I posted (youtube 1) as the cruisers are just starting on fire has it been said anywhere on the news if the black vehicle was a police vehicle or just someone who stopped to try and help?

Thank you! If it is the same weapon, then we know how long he was planning this.

"Police are investigating after a service pistol was stolen from an off-duty RCMP officer’s vehicle in downtown Halifax on the weekend.

Halifax Regional Police say the firearm was taken from the officer’s personal vehicle in the 1700 block of Granville Street between 7:40 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Saturday.

Three magazines and ammunition were also stolen."
March 19, 2019
Service pistol stolen from off-duty RCMP officer in Halifax: police
Oh my the police cruiser was left unlocked? This gets worse by the minute and the RCMP have a lot to answer too. JMO

I missed this earlier. May have previously been posted.

Victim of N.S. mass
shooting owned a property involved in dispute between suspect, his uncle

One of 22 victims of a mass shooting in Nova Scotia this past weekend bought a property that was embroiled in a legal dispute between the suspected gunman and his uncle.

Property records show that McCully owned a property across the street from one registered to Gabriel Wortman on Orchard Beach Road in Portapique.

Records show that McCully acquired the property in March 2015. A few months later, Wortman's uncle took him to court in a dispute over who was entitled to the proceeds of the sale.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/portapique-property-dispute-1.5542739

I know it's common to accuse murderers of narcissism, and very probably that is one of their qualities, but the criteria for diagnosis of narcissism is very broad and ordinary, and it doesn't predict violence. IMO, GW the denturist may have been a narcissist, but once he started killing people something more extreme was going on.
Key word being malignant-sadistic and throw in anti social personality IMO

Also from the article:

At times during the chaotic hours after the shootings began, it wasn’t always clear who police were chasing. At one point during the manhunt, two Mounties shot bullets into a fire hall in Lower Onslow, N.S. The hall was being used as a Red Cross registration centre for evacuees from the Portapique area.

While no one was injured, that incident is now under investigation by the civilian oversight agency for police in Nova Scotia.

“We don’t know what they were shooting at,” said Pat Curran, interim director of the Serious Incident Response Team (SIRT), an independent body that investigates police actions. “We just know that the suspect was not in the area at that time.”

Yikes MOO
:eek::eek:o_O

Thanks for posting this but now I'm even MORE ticked off. Now, we Southern Ontarians are FINALLY being told that there were, not ONE, but TWO idiots impersonating police officers. One still on the loose apparently. Given what has just happened in Nova Scotia, our OPP FINALLY think they should let us know? How benevolent of them. Sorry, and understand I'm not against LE, I have friends that are LE, but for goodness sake, don't we deserve to know these lunatics are out there? They wait until a massacre to realize the public needs to know these weirdos are impersonating police??

Yes, this is becoming an excellent example that not all news reports are always true. It was reported early that GW’s ex and her boyfriend were the first to be killed. So if that’s true then GW and his current girlfriend were at a party at his ex’s?

Sometimes I truly wonder if reporter “sources” are from FB.

Those rumors were said through unreliable gossip sites. The rcmp never released anything that claimed the above ^.

I don’t know which is correct but I always tend to rely most on information published by local media. By the time the killer was travelling toward Halifax on hwy 102, he must’ve already been under the scope as they knew what vehicle he was driving. For that reason I don’t think he had any further opportunity to commit any other murders even with the intention of stealing a vehicle with a full gas tank and it appears he had no choice but to stop for a fill-up not even realizing the RCMP were on his tail. But as for news reports, of course this could also be subject to change.

Timeline of Nova Scotia shooting that left at least 18 dead, including RCMP officer - HalifaxToday.ca
11 a.m. Police say Wortman was last seen travelling southbound on Highway 102 toward Halifax from the Brookfield area.

11:20 a.m. RCMP say Wortman has changed vehicles and is now in a silver SUV — a Chevrolet Tracker.

11:40 a.m. RCMP tweet that Wortman is now in custody. He was caught at a gas station in Enfield, N.S., where a body could be seen lying on the ground. A source familiar with the matter who wasn't authorized to speak publicly later confirms to The Canadian Press that the suspect has died.
In the video of him caught changing into the vest that timestamp was about 5 mins. to 11am. So he only had an approximate 25 min. window to get down the road get rammed by HS cruiser, sadly to kill her (and shoot and injure another officer) and steal another vehicle and also to shoot the driver of that vehicle as well? Do we know how far away the incident from video is captured to where his fake cop car is rammed into? I'll look at a map.

Moncton man says Portapique, N.S., shooter tried to buy a used police car from him
''A New Brunswick man who sells decommissioned police cars is recalling an encounter with the man responsible for the mass shooting in Nova Scotia on Sunday.

“Pretty plain spoken — there wasn’t anything crazy about him at all,” said Bernard Cain, owner of Cain Ltd surplus shop in Moncton.''

''Cain said that most of the people looking to buy old police cars are young men in their 20s looking for a cheap, fast car.
He said he found it a little odd when the man dressed in a grey suit walked through his front door looking to buy an inexpensive older RCMP car.

“Right away I said ‘what the hell do you want a police car for’ and he said ‘I am a retired RCMP,'” Cain said.''

“The reason that he wanted the car was to put on his property to keep the locals from stealing everything out of his cottages,” said Cain.''

In the video of him caught changing into the vest that timestamp was about 5 mins. to 11am. So he only had an approximate 25 min. window to get down the road get rammed by HS cruiser, sadly to kill her (and shoot and injure another officer) and steal another vehicle and also to shoot the driver of that vehicle as well? Do we know how far away the incident from video is captured to where his fake cop car is rammed into? I'll look at a map.
This probably means nothing, but it's a creepy thought in my head. One account of the victims, it was mentioned that one of the women liked to go on walks wearing a reflective vest. My hunch is she was a random victim shot while on her walk (imo, not confirmed fact). Could he have taken the vest from her?

Unlikely, but it is an odd detail.

jmo

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova...-girlfriend-stole-victim-vehicle-ns-1.5543194
''Girlfriend of N.S. gunman was among his victims, but she survived''

''First responders encountered the woman in the Portapique, N.S., area, sources confirmed to CBC News. It's unclear if she was injured and to what extent, but she survived. It's also unclear whether she managed to escape or if someone else found her.

On Wednesday, RCMP said there were no victims in hospital.''

Good question and this may answer that question if the witness is accurate in her depiction.

"While driving near Highway 102 — one of the province's main arteries — on Sunday morning, Shubenacadie resident Darcy Sack said she and her friend saw two police vehicles on fire by the silver suspect vehicle. She saw an officer run toward one of the burning vehicles as shots rang out, before seeing the shooter — dressed like a police officer — in the silver car again being chased by police. "

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/mass-killings-what-we-know-what-we-don-t-1.5537918
These could be the 2 people who's video I had the link to on Youtube. Sounds like it could be them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB