CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle & uniform, 22 killed (plus perp), Portapique, NS, 18 April 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome TenBlue! You may be new, but wow, you sure are posting some insightful, valuable information! Thank you so much for the pictures. I believe your map of the homes is correct as well, but it literally took me a month to piece it all together! I also had come to the belief that Corrie Ellison was shot on the top of Orchard Beach Rd. after seeing the RCMP map with red pins showing the crime scenes. There was one there that did not correspond to any structure. This jived with his brother's interview as well and did not appear to be anywhere near the beach. Please keep it up posting terrific info! Much appreciated.
Thanks for the kind welcome and for letting me know I'm on the right track. I'm glad we agree on the map. It took quite some time to bring it together but it does match the RCMP red pin map, only with more detail. I'm curious as to what anyone thinks about the RCMP ITO Warrant released yesterday, May 20, and the witness (Corrie Ellison's brother, Clinton) description of where Corrie was shot. The ITP says they were walking on the beach when Corrie was shot. That doesn't match Clinton's interview (nor where Corrie was found) where he said they were all at his father's house when he and Corrie heard a gunshot and Corrie went to investigate and Clinton found him deceased on the road. Did anyone else notice this seeming discrepancy?

I know he's dead, but he's still a monster, who made my entire province afraid. I am up every night till dawn, because I'm ridiculously afraid, when dawn comes I go to bed. (Old night shift nurses are forever messed up) I have a single shot 22, and it being loaded, and me being my father's daughter (a really good shot) makes me a bit less afraid.

I stop and LOOK at the RCMP officers and their detachment in my little town outside of Truro. That's what grinds me, the fact that these poor officers now have me afraid of them. (I guess I now understand a bit how POC feel?) Our collective innocence is lost.

This affects me because it's my home-- Shubie (Shubenacadie) my hometown, Debert my once work, the VON my old employer, Onslow, Belmont, Glenholme all places I once lived. Hidden Hilltop Campground, my ex'es family owned, my best friend's husband and family all from Portapique. There's no 6 degrees of separation for me. This is SO personal.

I couldn't go to visit the memorials this last weekend, because my husband was with me, and this is private grief. I have to go it alone, and deal with it alone.
Most of us in Nova Scotia are taking this pandemic seriously, which means no visiting, no coming together in grief or remembrance, and while the online vigil was lovely, it's not the same as being with actual live people. The families of the victims must feel so alone.

I totally get how you feel. This was an extremely traumatizing event and when it hits home it is even worse.
I live in Ottawa and a number of years ago there was a daylight murder of a young woman by the Ottawa River ... in that area it was basically the backyard to my community. Spent many childhood years biking along there.
It still chills me to this day. Whenever we can personally identify with the neighbourhoods and location it’s awful.
Sending you some hugs .. it will get better but it will take a while.

View attachment 247768 The fire did not destroy the deck at 200 Portapique Beach Rd.
View attachment 247769 Even though the house has been bulldozed you can still see the roof of the hut and the fireplace/oven on the deck in the background.I wonder when they will demolish it.

Interesting photos. I wonder would you mind posting the link to the source please as I don’t recall seeing them before? We’re supposed to link all photos anyway, according to TOS. Thanks!

I'm not sure how to delete the map and repost a revised version. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

After a certain time the Edit option disappears. My suggestion would be to post your updated map and then “report” your prior post, requesting for it to be deleted.

I’m sorry to hear you are now left with fear, including that of police officers. If this is happening throughout Nova Scotia to folks who didn’t come in direct contact with GM that weekend, he is still holding great power and control beyond the grave - by causing strangers to be frightened. This is one step away from the same dynamics involved in an abusive relationship.

My thoughts to N.S. would be I hope they won’t let a despicable dead man bully the entire province.

We'll get by, we've been so isolated, not able to go visit or anything. Social media's unreliable, yet knowledge is power.
This site has been very helpful to me personally. I have to know things, it's my thing. So, every bit of knowledge I can glean makes me better. This isn't our neighbours, our road, our county, but we're all neighbours.

Bill Casey, former member of Parliament, put it well.
‘It’s so piled up’: Nova Scotia has been through hard times before, but not like this

My county had a terrible mine explosion in 1992, 26 miners lost. I lost a former patient in that one. We reeled over that, too. But as a community, we mourned. We had funerals. For this, we're separated. That's what's so hard.

I just noticed this, dated April 28th. I hope Nova Scotians in need will take advantage of this free opportunity.

N.S. sets up help lines for citizens struggling amid mass shooting, pandemic
“The Nova Scotia government has activated a roster of psychologists to help address the mental health challenges facing the province’s weary population.

In a release Tuesday, the Nova Scotia Health Authority said people can call in to a free service set up by the Association of Psychologists of Nova Scotia to talk about their distress over the recent mass shooting that left 22 people dead.

The agency is opening a special phone line as of Wednesday to allow Nova Scotians to talk about their difficulties and ways of coping with the tragedy amid the COVID-19 shutdown........”

It’d be a good thing if the entire community could be razed and a naturalized memorial park put in its place. It must be extremely difficult for survivors to continually be faced with the gaping holes left by the burnt structures, a constant reminder of the senseless massacre of those who are no longer living. The name of Portapique will be associated with the greatest mass murder in Canadian history for years and I can’t imagine anyone yearning to buy property in a place associated with tragedy and grief. JMO
What? Entire community? There are 85+ full time residents there, and those who have recreational properties. It really is a beautiful place. It has a large cemetary that looks old. The whole area looks well tended. It looks like a place well-loved be generations. People should not be driven out by a madman bent on ruining their little bit of heaven. (BTW, 200 PBR is next door to that lovely cemetery.)

I was wondering if there had ever been a mention that he had tried to join the policing world after highschool? There was a reference posted in a year book that he was most likely to become a police officer- wondering if he had tried for police/corrections or something similar like that and maybe was rejected.

I'm not sure how to delete the map and repost a revised version. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

don't change it until you have confirmed info from MSM
we're not supposed to use FB as sources of info so a revised map with info from FB would not be allowed

ADMIN REMINDER:

Some posts have been removed for discussing social media of family and friends and the general public which is a violation of TOS. Websleuths is fact based and relies on information from MSM and LE.

Please review The Rules linked in my signature (specifically The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc)

Some reports have suggested he had even talked to authorities about the mocked up cruiser:

"He said that he had talked to the police," the funeral director said. "That they suggested to him, if he was going to take it to car shows, that he not drive it on the road, but take it by trailer.”
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia-killer-fake-cruiser-1.5543176
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia-killer-fake-cruiser-1.5543176
Interesting to know Police knew he had these types of cars :confused:

I found it interesting that Clinton Ellison was quoted "Clinton Ellison reported he was hiding in the woods because when he was walking on the beach with his brother Cory Ellison who was shot (redacted) and killed". (pg 14, 21.12)

From his tv interview, I thought he brother went off alone to investigate and later Clinton went looking for him, finding him shot and dead. The quote above makes it sound like they were together when Cory was shot. Or am I misreading this?
Info is right messed up and what exactly went on with RCMP and where witnesses were etc? It can't bring any of the victims back :(. But this could point to incompetence/mishandling of the scene/investigation etc :eek: JMO

ADMIN REMINDER:

Some posts have been removed for discussing social media of family and friends and the general public which is a violation of TOS. Websleuths is fact based and relies on information from MSM and LE.

Please review The Rules linked in my signature (specifically The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc)

Yes, I note my post correcting information as to two particular properties that TenBlue included in her recent posting had not burned down, and where or on what road Leon Joudrey's residence actually is.

I certainly understand the violation of sleuthing/creeping/going to a family member of a victim or one of their friend's social media pages, but didn't think/know that a general public page on social media of which a family member is also a member and willingly confirmed the truth would still be a violation, so I now stand corrected, and apologize. I'm now up-to-date on the rules as it pertains to social media.

I can, however, confirm through "accurate" media sources for a change though, that one of the two properties/families I named, that being the Bond residence, was not burned down. See:

'They were in their pajamas ready to go to bed,' son says of parents killed by shooter they didn't know

<modsnip: Discussing moderation>

Last edited by a moderator:
he planned it!:

“Wortman recently bought $800 worth of gasoline,” the document said.

this part is shocking:

She said the gunman had a relationship with someone in the RCMP and had one of his uniforms, though it didn’t fit.

“He had a fluorescent yellow jacket and he would put it in the front seat to make it look like he was a police officer,” according to the document

Nova Scotia gunman was a ‘psychopath’ and ‘paranoid’ about COVID-19 pandemic: court doc
I know the news is saying the RCMP with the last name as this guy's was is no relation, hmmm. How popular is the Wortman name? The RCMP guy could be a very distant relative but he would still be considered as being a relation. JMO

I do wish there was a single, concise narrative to this story. I know the whole story will come out in time but what "we know" to date is often contradictory. It is hard enough to explain and/or make sense of things without conflicting versions.

View attachment 247737 This is my very first post as I am new to the group. Please forgive me if I have replied in the wrong place. I’m just learning how to get around in here. I have attached a satellite photo annotated with 8 of the 9 crime scenes in Portapique. 5 of the 8 crime scenes were burned. I understand that the 9th crime scene was Corrie Ellison who was found deceased on the road at the top of Orchard Beach Drive. This information was compiled using RCMP briefings, RCMP Information to Obtain a Search Warrant (ITO) document released yesterday, FB pages and videos, municipal building permit pages and other internet research. I believe this to be correct. I also understand that Lisa McCully, teacher, is not the same Lisa that was GW’s common law spouse. From the municipal building permits I found that GW applied in October of 2013 to build the warehouse at 136 Orchard Beach Drive with a loft apartment.
Yes, I note my post correcting information as to two particular properties that TenBlue included in her recent posting had not burned down, and where or on what road Leon Joudrey's residence actually is.

I certainly understand the violation of sleuthing/creeping/going to a family member of a victim or one of their friend's social media pages, but didn't think/know that a general public page on social media of which a family member is also a member and willingly confirmed the truth would still be a violation, so I now stand corrected, and apologize. I'm now up-to-date on the rules as it pertains to social media.

I can, however, confirm through "accurate" media sources for a change though, that one of the two properties/families I named, that being the Bond residence, was not burned down. See:

'They were in their pajamas ready to go to bed,' son says of parents killed by shooter they didn't know

<modsnip: Discussing moderation>
I note that my map never reflected the Pond house burned. The only error was saying the Blair house burned. I am trying to correct this error but am finding it extremely difficult to do so. For being my first foray into this group I have not done so well and apologize. I will back away and not post anything further, update myself on all the rules and may one day once again join the conversation. Thanks for the early warm welcomes.

TenBlue, I am not a "technical guy" so your difficulties in making corrections are something I can relate to. Computers see me coming and like to mess with me, stopping me from doing simple tasks.....or so it seems.
I don't think you need to back away or refrain from posting. All perspectives are welcome and being a guy who needs to visualise things, your map was most useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli