CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle & uniform, 22 killed (plus perp), Portapique, NS, 18 April 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
business vehicles will sometimes get insurance discounts as well as the business can write off the costs of vehicles against business profits and revenues. He likely knew how to play the game in keeping business separated from his personal assets in the event the business fails.

His tax guy or CRA would be like, 'So you do home visits for fitting these dentures?'

His tax guy or CRA would be like, 'So you do home visits for fitting these dentures?'

it would not necessarily mean that he was doing home visits- It is quite plausible he used one while in the course of the business if he had the 2 office locations. business travel mileage,gas,tires,auto repair, lease payments, auto loans are deductible to the business.

I found it interesting that Clinton Ellison was quoted "Clinton Ellison reported he was hiding in the woods because when he was walking on the beach with his brother Cory Ellison who was shot (redacted) and killed". (pg 14, 21.12)

From his tv interview, I thought he brother went off alone to investigate and later Clinton went looking for him, finding him shot and dead. The quote above makes it sound like they were together when Cory was shot. Or am I misreading this?

I found it interesting that Clinton Ellison was quoted "Clinton Ellison reported he was hiding in the woods because when he was walking on the beach with his brother Cory Ellison who was shot (redacted) and killed". (pg 14, 21.12)

From his tv interview, I thought he brother went off alone to investigate and later Clinton went looking for him, finding him shot and dead. The quote above makes it sound like they were together when Cory was shot. Or am I misreading this?

I wondered about this too, newguy123. In the video interview Clinton did with CBC, he gave a lot of details and definitely said he was not with Cory when Cory was shot. He said he went out looking for his brother and found his brother's body on the road and then ran into the woods.

That CBC interview was done on April 22. In it, Clinton sounds super anxious and stressed about his experience. He must have been even shakier in the early morning hours of the 19th. He said he was in shock and suffering from hypothermia. Maybe he was just repeating over and over that his brother had been shot and saying something about the road to the beach or something? I wonder if the police couldn't figure out quite what he was saying?

MOO.

I also noticed this discrepancy.... I think I believe his interview on the news over this police report because he seemed so genuine and clear and gave a lot of detail. One other thing that confused me is in the names of the deceased and injured in the doc they list a Margaret Campbell and Lillian Hyslop (the woman shot while out for her walk in the Wentworth Valley) is missing from the list. Is this her given name or something? It is odd that she is off of the list and I have never heard any reference to a Margaret Campbell before this. Gina Goulet is also misnamed as Gera Goulet.
Another strange thing, the doc said there was a deceased woman found in her car near Hidden Hilltop campground, and then goes on to list Heather O'Brien and Kristen Beaton being killed on Plains Rd. in Debert, so that can't possibly refer to those poor innocent victims. I wonder if these things were mistakes? Why so much misinformation?

I saw that reference to Margaret Campbell and found out (via google) that it is Hyslop.
Another interesting thing......on page 13 21-12 it lists the fires with some redacted info but only one fire on Portapique Beach road. The Zahl/Thomas house is not listed there.

I am not sure what I am missing.I was looking for the reference to Glenholme as to @Amocas previous post that stated " That couple in Glenholme, was the guy who said GW had swindled him out of his home in Portapique, he said he'd hold the mortgage, then took ownership and turfed them out."

I only see a reference that the interview from Zinck occurred from Edmonton and a reference that he had been living in Alberta for 14 years. I don't see a mention of Glenholme within the article.
Earlier on I had questioned if Zinck was related in someway to the gf after having located an obituary that listed the gf/wortman.

I am not sure what I am missing.I was looking for the reference to Glenholme as to @Amocas previous post that stated " That couple in Glenholme, was the guy who said GW had swindled him out of his home in Portapique, he said he'd hold the mortgage, then took ownership and turfed them out."

I only see a reference that the interview from Zinck occurred from Edmonton and a reference that he had been living in Alberta for 14 years. I don't see a mention of Glenholme within the article.
Earlier on I had questioned if Zinck was related in someway to the gf after having located an obituary that listed the gf/wortman.
Someone previously said, I think early on in this thread, that the couple in Glenholme have an excavation company and there may have been a dispute about an invoice. Indeed, in the 2900 block of Highway #4, beside Hidden Hilltop campground, there is a house with signage and an excavator display so I believe this could be the house. This also accounts for the RCMP tweet that the shooter was in the vicinity of Hidden Hilltop campground. The person who made the dashcam video of the route the killer drove did a pretty good job to show the people out of area what the landscape is like but it annoyed me that the car just turned left onto Plains Rd. towards Debert after the train tressle bridge instead of heading up the hill past the campground to the 2900 block. The killer would have doubled back down to turn right on Plains Rd. toward Debert after the couple didn't answer their door. Maybe they were just respecting privacy....idk

Zinck was living in Edmontom? That's where gw's uncle lived and from where he bought the Orchard Beach Road home that was subject of court case and bought by Ms McCully. Zinck's situation was financing for his mechanic or welding shop. But, there may have been a residence involved. Not sure where Zinck's business was.

Zinck was living in Edmontom? That's wuhere gw's uncle lived and from where he bought the Orchard Beach Road home that was subject of court case and bought by Ms McCully. Zinck's situation was financing for his mechanic or welding shop. But, there may have been a residence involved. Not sure where Zinck's business was.

According to the report below Z presently lives in Edmonton, But you’re right, although it was a home he was allegedly swindled out of, not in Portapique.

Nova Scotia gunman's past included questionable financial dealings | The Chronicle Herald
“According to documents from Nova Scotia small claims court, Zinck’s home on Candy Mountain Road in Mineville was in foreclosure when it was transferred to Wortman in the spring of 2004.”

‘He stole my house’: Nova Scotia killer had history of dubious financial practices
“Zinck had similarly (to the uncle) put his trust in Wortman, initially believing he was a friend. Wortman’s denturist clinic was near the auto shop where Zinck worked and they were introduced through a friend.”

They said he didn't own a cell phone. (Neither do I, so not unusual, we have terrible reception) I can't imagine that he'd have a working RCMP radio, surely that's a bridge too far. Surely...

Maybe he didn’t own a cellphone (although I find that a little hard to believe given he ran two denture clinics) but most likely the majority of his victims did. He stole cars, he certainly wouldn’t be exempt from stealing cellphones if he wanted to and he’d probably know there’d be far less chance he’d be tracked.

Zinck was living in Edmontom? That's where gw's uncle lived and from where he bought the Orchard Beach Road home that was subject of court case and bought by Ms McCully. Zinck's situation was financing for his mechanic or welding shop. But, there may have been a residence involved. Not sure where Zinck's business was.

I'm sorry, you're right. I got his story mistaken with the lady named Forbe'
s.
Zinck did say his "house near Dartmouth" was what he was swindled out of.
It says he lives in Edmonton, so whose place was in Glenholme near Hidden Hilltop? Apologies for the crossed wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member