CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle & uniform, 22 killed (plus perp), Portapique, NS, 18 April 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
O/T but if you’re in NS can you please spread the word about another possible active shooter.

He’s believed to have shot a teacher outside of a high school in NB. He’s armed with an intent to use his firearms.

SCHOOLS CLOSED AS A PRECAUTION
All schools in New Brunswick’s Anglophone East School District will remain closed Wednesday as a precaution while Baker remains at large.

In the Francophone South School District, schools in Moncton and Dieppe are also closed.

Vehicle driven by Riverview shooting suspect found in Amherst: N.B. RCMP

The car he was driving in NB has been found this morning in Amherst, NS. So, despite an officer at the border, he made it across.

upload_2021-1-6_10-42-2.jpeg
upload_2021-1-6_10-42-33.jpeg

https://twitter.com/HfxMda/status/1346818710447779840?s=20

I do hope the wound was the result of someone fighting back. Somehow that just makes it more fitting that it helped identify him to police. Had he got to Halifax in the stolen car, who knows what would have happened then. Desperate armed people who are cornered in metropolitan areas does not sound like a good thing to think about.

The surveillance video of him when he stopped to take off his jacket and put on the safety vest doesn't appear to show any signs of injury. That video is not a close up, so perhaps we just can't see it? But to my mind, he did not appear in any way disheveled or frantic. Indeed he seemed very calm and deliberate and neat. So, IMO the injury likely occurred after this video.

Maybe it was in the collision with Heidi Stevenson as you suggested earlier @newguy123 ? But I wonder if it happened at victim GG's place. There was an article that talked about her dog - a German Shepherd named Ginger. Ginger was shot twice - once in the face and once in the back. Thankfully, she survived. Could she have attacked the gunman?

MOO

If only that German Shepherd could talk! Perhaps info on the nature of that injury will be released since there must be a post mortem report. Impact from his collision? Bite mark from a dog? Maybe he had scratches on him to?
I saw pictures of clothing recovered from GG house where the gunman changed into civilian clothes. The RCMP noted they found pants with the distinctive yellow stripe. But in the video you cited, there is no stripe on the pants.
I'm not a conspiracy theorist but that detail caught my eye.

If only that German Shepherd could talk! Perhaps info on the nature of that injury will be released since there must be a post mortem report. Impact from his collision? Bite mark from a dog? Maybe he had scratches on him to?
I saw pictures of clothing recovered from GG house where the gunman changed into civilian clothes. The RCMP noted they found pants with the distinctive yellow stripe. But in the video you cited, there is no stripe on the pants.
I'm not a conspiracy theorist but that detail caught my eye.

Maybe you’re thinking of this photo? I think the striped pants and shirt might just be an illustration of an authentic RCMP uniform.

upload_2021-1-6_11-35-12.jpeg
RCMP believe the gunman wore parts of an authentic RCMP uniform during a deadly shooting rampage around rural areas of Nova Scotia on April 18 and 19. (Nova Scotia RCMP)”
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/mass-shootings-gunman-replica-cruiser-decals-1.5804019

I did see a video earlier today which mentions the yellow stripe......however, it also says uniform parts were found inside the dwelling and in the car so he may not have worn those actual pants that day. A bit ambiguous I suppose, but just something which I noticed.
Thanks for the link.

I did see a video earlier today which mentions the yellow stripe......however, it also says uniform parts were found inside the dwelling and in the car so he may not have worn those actual pants that day. A bit ambiguous I suppose, but just something which I noticed.
Thanks for the link.

We might eventually learn what he took with him including what he abandoned along the way because the extent of preparation might point towards his level of preplanning. But if it included RCMP parade boots and he thought that’d pass as typical daily police footwear, that sure is bizarre.

“BM, who owns the welding shop in Debert, N.S. -- and had previously done work for the shooter – discovered some discarded items during his morning walk in the large open space behind the shop.

"A pair of boots -- leather, high-top boots, parade boots, I guess they call them," said MacDonald. "A gun holster (and an) empty box of shells."
Owner of Debert welding shop where N.S. killer hid from police details what he left behind

Federal government halts sale of decommissioned RCMP cruisers in wake of N.S. shooting

“More than nine months after a gunman rampaged through Nova Scotia in a mock-up RCMP cruiser and killed 22 people, the federal government has announced a “moratorium” on the sale of decommissioned RCMP cruisers.

“The RCMP has a resale process for vehicles it no longer needs that ensures they cannot easily be misused for criminal purposes,” said Public Safety Minister Bill Blair in a statement on Friday...”

I wonder why nobody can find sybil rennie? The other person who had a claim to the Fredricton buildings Wortman sold from his friend’s estate.

From your link -
“She is suing Wortman's estate, valued at $2.1 million. It includes six properties, three corporations and $705,000 in cash seized from the wreckage of the couple's cottage in Portapique...”

So we know the Portapique property was torched, burned to the ground, yet cash was recovered and even more than the Brinks withdrawal. It’ll be interesting to learn where the cash was found, how it was discovered and where it was stored in safety from the fire.

He can’t have torched his properties to reduce the value of his estate or I’d think he would’ve send the cash up in smoke as well. It’s possible the intention behind torching the cottage was to enable his escape, exactly as he predicted, LE might think he died in the fire. And he obviously didn’t take the cash with him so what was the plan for this large amount of cash after his killing spree ended, if there was a plan, I wonder.

It sure looks like he had a plan beyond Portapique.....but what, and where? If he left cash behind, he must have planned to somehow retrieve it after faking his death by fire?
Beyond the horrors of what he did, there are so many lingering questions.

It sure looks like he had a plan beyond Portapique.....but what, and where? If he left cash behind, he must have planned to somehow retrieve it after faking his death by fire?
Beyond the horrors of what he did, there are so many lingering questions.

Did the RCMP ever reveal all the places, including those in Halifax, that GW and his gf drove to in the dry run the day before? I know that's not related to his long term plan, but just wondered if they had.

Episode 8 of the 13 Hours podcast is out today:
13 Hours: Inside the Nova Scotia Massacre

A couple of things that were new to me:

During the overnight hours in Portapique, the police were communicating using an unencrypted radio channel. That makes me wonder was the gunman following along with any of it?

In the interview with witness Leon Joudrey he talks about what happened when the gunman's girlfriend knocked on his front door at 6:30 am. He says he put her in the bathroom so she couldn't leave and called 911 asking for a SWAT team to "get this woman out of my house". This part of the story starts just after the 30 minute mark in the podcast.​

The blog page for the podcast is at:
Episode 8: Daybreak

MOO

It is always the same...after listening to the podcast I have more questions that I had answered by it.
Yes.. I may be wrong, but when I originally read the article about the man whose house LB had gone to after hiding out in the woods all night, I got the impression that he was happy to help, and that perhaps he was 'friends' with LB. Now we discover he wanted her the heck out of his house, so badly that he (felt he had to??) kept her in a room until police arrived?? And we find out that this guy had issues with LB's partner. Originally, I had been thinking, wow, what a risk LB had taken with another's life just by going to someone for assistance, even though I had sympathy for her in reaching out for help. Now I'm REALLY thinking what a horrible risk she took. And the sympathy waning, unfortunately.

One audio interview I heard with him was that she was (paraphrasing) "bouncing off the walls", in a very agitated state. By this time Joudrey had driven around, saw there had been fires and had unknowingly driven past bodies. He knew by that time people had been murdered too. He was on edge too knowing "something" happened but not quite the whole story. He probably wanted her out of there as much for her safety as his own.
She probably went to him (my guess here) because she might have seen he'd been out in his truck and was therefore alive and well and could offer shelter. The other homes were in darkness. I doubt she sought out Joudrey, but was seeking "someone". Given what happened, Joudrey could well wonder if she was bait to lure him out.

There are so many parts of this story missing. Or at least withheld at the present. It is hard to know exactly what/how it all happened.

One audio interview I heard with him was that she was (paraphrasing) "bouncing off the walls", in a very agitated state. By this time Joudrey had driven around, saw there had been fires and had unknowingly driven past bodies. He knew by that time people had been murdered too. He was on edge too knowing "something" happened but not quite the whole story. He probably wanted her out of there as much for her safety as his own.
She probably went to him (my guess here) because she might have seen he'd been out in his truck and was therefore alive and well and could offer shelter. The other homes were in darkness. I doubt she sought out Joudrey, but was seeking "someone". Given what happened, Joudrey could well wonder if she was bait to lure him out.

There are so many parts of this story missing. Or at least withheld at the present. It is hard to know exactly what/how it all happened.

Given LJs comments, in addition to what you’ve mentioned he may’ve been considered safe to approach by the common law wife for reasons he stated below.

.......“Joudrey says he had had run-ins with Wortman before, and decided he didn’t like the 51-year-old denturist.....

.....As for why the shooter didn’t come to his house, Joudrey says he suspects it’s because Wortman knew he was a hunter who had guns in his home.

“He knew I had firearms, which are legal of course, but he knew I was confrontational and I might interrupt his plan. That’s the only thing I can think of.”...”
'I can't go back': Haunted by mass shooting, man who sheltered gunman's girlfriend scared to go home

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back