Canada - Sina Parsi, 32, found murdered, Toronto, Ont, 9 June 2015 - *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From that CBC Sudbury twitter account linked upthread:

Timmins police say they do not believe suspect who stole firearms from Canadian Tire is related to Toronto homicide. #cbcsby

The ^^ tweet is not a direct quote and could well be reporter interpretation. Here is what McGinn said (and sounds as if it was in response to a reporter question):

http://www.timminspress.com/2015/06/17/timmins-break-in-suspect-still-at-large

Police could not say whether this armed man was connected in any way to the unproven reports of two murder suspects from Toronto, Clyde Marshall and Sabrina Chouart, being seen near Timmins.

“We cannot confirm any of that at all,” said McGinn, adding there is no information at all to connect the suspects to the current standoff. “We have no evidence of any connection,” he said.

He didn't confirm one way or another, and if they don't have evidence, how else could he respond?

I'd be interested in knowing if they've reviewed earlier video surveillance to see if a perp was possibly scoping out that particular department within the store.

I am guessing he is now in the bush, possibly with a much nicer campsite. They need to put those helicopters in the sky tomorrow around Timmins.

For tonight, I hope the residents lock their doors.

Lots of wilderness to hide in around there .... they should send those helicopters out tonight ... they have infrared cameras and night vision .... it will pick up deer , moose , and most animals as well as people or campfires ... that is how they caught the Boston Bomber when he was hiding in a boat in a back yard.

On another note .... police as much as said the burglar did not appear to be CM .... probably judged that by his physical size in the store cameras or something ... hopefully tomorrow police will wipe the egg off their face and give the Timmins people a proper update.

:thud::thud: :thud:(I guess they had live CCTV feed from inside the CT store, but couldn't rewind it to 4:30am to see that the robber escaped?)

I don't believe this has been posted. More background on Sabrina via 680News (City News 2 min. video) from yesterday, June 17 @ 7:54pm:

http://www.680news.com/2015/06/17/s...s-out-with-message-for-his-fugitive-daughter/

-- She worked at Tim Hortons at St.Clair and Runnymede -- patrons are gobsmacked, she's been with CM 4 years, would call dad only when CM not around...

I hope they had used the infrared cameras.

If the perp is a local, they are home now anyway, in all likelihood.

Just to be clear - the cube van with explosives may or may not be associated with these two. I posted the pic, because as another WSer mentioned, the article on the stolen van has been associated with these 2 by the CBC news. It's linked as an associated article. Could mean nothing. Or......

LE is not releasing video of the perp from the CT store at this time. That says alot. I think. Hope.

:thud::thud: :thud:(I guess they had live CCTV feed from inside the CT store, but couldn't rewind it to 4:30am to see that the robber escaped?)

I don't believe this has been posted. More background on Sabrina via 680News (City News 2 min. video) from yesterday, June 17 @ 7:54pm:

http://www.680news.com/2015/06/17/s...s-out-with-message-for-his-fugitive-daughter/

-- She worked at Tim Hortons at St.Clair and Runnymede -- patrons are gobsmacked, she's been with CM 4 years, would call dad only when CM not around...

Her dad would like to adopt her dog... I think they should make that happen for him, he seems like a really good person.

Woolner Ave isn't that far away from Don Mills, where a sexual assault took place (IF I'm right).
What, if CM is the perp (wig on head or unshaved head, wearing baseball cap before, later on head shaved??) and SP had identified him? Could it be?
The eyebrows - different in height - and the extremely small mouth brought me to this idea.

clyde-marshall.jpgtoronto-don-mills-sex-assault-suspect.jpgcomposite-sketchjpg.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

Lots of wilderness to hide in around there .... they should send those helicopters out tonight ... they have infrared cameras and night vision .... it will pick up deer , moose , and most animals as well as people or campfires ... that is how they caught the Boston Bomber when he was hiding in a boat in a back yard.

On another note .... police as much as said the burglar did not appear to be CM .... probably judged that by his physical size in the store cameras or something ... hopefully tomorrow police will wipe the egg off their face and give the Timmins people a proper update.

In the polices' defense, they probably legally cannot say it's CM because they could not clearly identify the suspect. Thimk about the outcome, if it wasn't CM - might be enough "evidence" to cause "reseasonable doubt" and botch up the case. Being over-cautious with phrasing isn't a bad thing.

Lastly, most of the misinformation is from poor interpretation of events because everyone wants to be the first to break "the news". The Social Media era is just people standing on the sidelines "talking" - not always helpful. IMHO

Woolner Ave isn't that far away from Don Mills, where a sexual assault took place (IF I'm right).
What, if CM is the perp (wig on head or unshaved head, wearing baseball cap before, later on head shaved??) and SP had identified him? Could it be?
The eyebrows - different in height - and the extremely small mouth brought me to this idea.

View attachment 76596View attachment 76597

That's an old picture of CM. His hair is grown in (see the couples selfie). Interesting analysis though.

Not new:

2:17 p.m. update:

Police have just provided media with an update on the situation. There have been no new developments. Police confirm one person is believed to have broken into the Canadian Tire early this morning.

OPP have taken over command of the scene and have not ruled out a link to the possible sighting of homicide suspects in Timmins.

http://www.baytoday.ca/content/news/details.asp?c=80002

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-stor...man-s-murder-may-have-known-him-through-work/

Det. Shawn Mahoney said the two suspects in the case, Sabrina Chouart, 27, and Clyde Marshall, 36, may have known Parsi through Chouart's work and the incident may relate to her job.

Police believe he might have turned up at the apartment around midnight.

His cellphone and wallet were left in his vehicle, found more than one city block away from the apartment in which he was discovered June 12.

"We've had numerous tips spanning the country, " Det. Mahoney said.

The pair are also drawing a lot of attention on Twitter with the hashtag #sabrinaandclyde, a nod to Bonnie and Clyde — the pair of bank robbers who went on the run in 1934.

Although Marshall is known to police, Det. Mahoney would not say if any of his offences related to drugs.

I don't expect this pair to be free for very much longer. Its easy to go undetected of a couple of days, but eventually you need food, you need a change of clothes, probably running low on drugs as well. All these things force you out in to the open. And the longer it goes, the more unkempt they become and the more they stand out in a crowd. They'll be in jail by the weekend.

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-stor...man-s-murder-may-have-known-him-through-work/

Det. Shawn Mahoney said the two suspects in the case, Sabrina Chouart, 27, and Clyde Marshall, 36, may have known Parsi through Chouart's work and the incident may relate to her job.

Police believe he might have turned up at the apartment around midnight.

His cellphone and wallet were left in his vehicle, found more than one city block away from the apartment in which he was discovered June 12.

"We've had numerous tips spanning the country, " Det. Mahoney said.

The pair are also drawing a lot of attention on Twitter with the hashtag #sabrinaandclyde, a nod to Bonnie and Clyde — the pair of bank robbers who went on the run in 1934.

Although Marshall is known to police, Det. Mahoney would not say if any of his offences related to drugs.

Perhaps Parsi was a regular at the coffee shop. The other patrons said she called people by their first names. Maybe CM stopped by one day and saw what he thought was flirting. He seems like possibly the angry/jealous type. Does not explain why Parsi would go to their apartment at midnight though.

That is different about the wallet, other reports say it was found outside the truck by a passerby.

Maybe the 'work' or 'job' that is mentioned for SC is not at the Tim's.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Perhaps Parsi was a regular at the coffee shop. The other patrons said she called people by their first names. Maybe CM stopped by one day and saw what he thought was flirting. He seems like possibly the angry/jealous type. Does not explain why Parsi would go to their apartment at midnight though.

That is different about the wallet, other reports say it was found outside the truck by a passerby.

Calling patrons by first name is very common. Tim Horton's copied Starbucks CS style of taking your name when they make your order.

I was thinking the same thing. Just popped in to post the same article that fromGermany posted above: http://www.yorkregion.com/news-stor...man-s-murder-may-have-known-him-through-work/

The other theory I had: he spilled a hot coffee on her or something and he was paying them off rather then dealing with insurance kind of thing, I dunno. If an accident happened in the work place then it'd be a WSIB incident reported.

CM's previous encounters with NB LE had to do with property and violence. As for drug related, I think it's too obviously a stereotype (ie. redditors called the couple methheads based on their appearence). CM just might have sime serious rage/ anger issues on his own. He's probably possessive of SC and views her as his property - imaginesomeone infringing on a territorial dog with behavioral issues, not good.

If anything, I put the deceased as a dealer (driving nice truck, etc) - but then I'm basing that assumption on typical stereotypes. I doubt SC was sellling drugs or sex at Tim Hortons. SP (RIP) parked his truck in that lot for a reason - he didn't trust them or want to be seen at their place.

As for the couple on the run.

A) CM's street smarts, rural upbringing (NB is bush country), and gaming experience gives him an edge in wilderness survival.

B) CM was probably homeless when he met SC, so he's part of an invisible community which functions "in plain sight". Why else would SC's father mention that the TH she worked at was near a homelss shelter? That information was publicized for a reason.

I'd be curious to see which mens shelters are beside Horton location because the Horton's near Woolner doesn't have a shelter beside or nearby. Most shelters are downtown or in wards closer to downtown.

C) Looks and appearences can be changed very quickly thanks to hair dye, cuts, wigs and tanning lotion.

I believe everyone is underestimating CM's abilities and intelligence. Or, LE communications are purposefully written to stroke his ego and get them out of hiding. IMHO - I watch too much Criminal Minds and CSI. :)

I am guessing he is now in the bush, possibly with a much nicer campsite. They need to put those helicopters in the sky tomorrow around Timmins.

For tonight, I hope the residents lock their doors.

Heh! He had time to select some nice survival gear.

But ... eventually the blackflies will be pickin' his bones way up in North Ontar-i-o-i-o.

Surely they were not living and potentially supporting a drug habit on her Tim Horton's income. If he was not working, where were they getting money from?

People on Twitter are now saying that nothing was stolen from the Canadian Tire??

Surely they were not living and potentially supporting a drug habit on her Tim Horton's income. If he was not working, where were they getting money from?

Probably a combination of subsidized rent, welfare, her salary, and whatever he could steal and sell.

People on Twitter are now saying that nothing was stolen from the Canadian Tire??

I wonder how quickly CT could perform an entire store physical inventory account?

The drug use is rumor at this point. Maybe he was on disability or welfare.

Maybe they lived in a subsidized building, rent is cheaper in their sketchy area. Free or discount TH food, their clothing is dated and out of style (in pictures), they didn't take the dog to a vet (see dog finder's facebook updates or found dog article). It's doable but not comfortable - sadly, lots of people live on single-income minimum wage.

edit: what andreww said!

Probably a combination of subsidized rent, welfare, her salary, and whatever he could steal and sell.

Steal and sell - nice one.

It was stated in an earlier CBC article that he's well known to Saint John Police for property crimes and violent offenses involving weapons. Now the edited article now says "various offenses involving weapons".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003
Back