CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoted from sillybilly:

<<< Also thinking of Sonia having changed the dosage of meds without a doctor's orders, did that action possibly contribute to a patient's deterioration or death, resulting in an angry loved one seeking revenge? >>>

This kind of fits with something I've been thinking about. Who would be able to be seen in public with bloodied clothing? Perhaps.....a doctor in scrubs? I know, I know.....they're supposed to drop the scrubs into the bin at the hospital. But if *someone* was desperate, he could have worn scrubs and IF he was seen driving, he'd be able to say he'd been in surgery or some such thing.

My theory is weak, but I'm getting desperate here.

In reviewing some of the older posts, and specifically that there was no forced entry into Sonia's home, a couple of things spring to mind. Sonia had just bought the home which was listed in May 2010. Did she have the locks changed? If not, then previous owners and realtors would have keys to the house. If she DID have the locks changed, then she may have hired a locksmith.

Also thinking of Sonia having changed the dosage of meds without a doctor's orders, did that action possibly contribute to a patient's deterioration or death, resulting in an angry loved one seeking revenge?

No answers, just questions. I truly hope today's search turns up something meaningful that can lead to justice for Sonia.

According to an earlier post by snoopster Sonia lived there for about 3 years.

Quote:
Varaschin moved into a quiet Spring Street townhouse complex about three years ago, coming from Bolton.

Darlene explained Varaschin chose to live in Orangeville because she knew people here — following a “bit of a stint” working at Headwaters Health Care Centre — and the community’s proximity to her hometown.

“She loved living here,” Darlene said. “She thought it was fantastic here. She would be walking about town ... to the farmers’ market or, she’s a knitter, to whatever that yarn place is on Broadway.

“She loved the fact that she could walk everywhere” and felt safe doing so, Darlene said. “We all felt safe in town, until now.”

According to an earlier post by snoopster Sonia lived there for about 3 years.
<rsbm>

Thanks Valleyboy. I'll double check on that. I had just finished reading where one of our posters had found the property listed in May 2010 (and, i thought that Sonia had just bought the townhouse ... but i could be mixing it up with another case).

ETA: Found RubyRed's post about the May listing, and it was in response to another post by Snoopster that Sonia had just moved to the townhouse.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #1

I guess Snoopster found the additional detail later. At least my memory isn't totally fried, just partly ;)

Quoted from sillybilly:

<<< Also thinking of Sonia having changed the dosage of meds without a doctor's orders, did that action possibly contribute to a patient's deterioration or death, resulting in an angry loved one seeking revenge? >>>

This kind of fits with something I've been thinking about. Who would be able to be seen in public with bloodied clothing? Perhaps.....a doctor in scrubs? I know, I know.....they're supposed to drop the scrubs into the bin at the hospital. But if *someone* was desperate, he could have worn scrubs and IF he was seen driving, he'd be able to say he'd been in surgery or some such thing.

My theory is weak, but I'm getting desperate here.

Thinking along the same lines here in terms of who does not get bothered by the sight of lots of blood....orderlies(sp?) butchers, (not all murderers like to get "dirty". Also been thinking about the work boots and thinking how much damage (and blood) the steel toe would cause if used to kick someone...

And about the size of the workboots - someone could have worn the wrong size in order to mislead LE.

Also, who else works in/near blood - nurses, ambulance people, police, slaughterhouse people, maybe slaughterhouse delivery people, farmers, veterinarians...........:what:

--------------------------

ETA: Regarding hospital workers wearing scrubs outside of the hospital - I know a doctor who works in the OR at a teaching hospital in Detroit but he lives in Windsor, Ontario.

Prior to 9/11, he was allowed to wear his hospital scrubs back into Canada from Detroit.

Does anyone know if hospital workers HERE are allowed to wear their scrubs home?

And about the size of the workboots - someone could have worn the wrong size in order to mislead LE.

Also, who else works in/near blood - nurses, ambulance people, police, slaughterhouse people, maybe slaughterhouse delivery people, farmers, veterinarians...........:what:

--------------------------

ETA: Regarding hospital workers wearing scrubs outside of the hospital - I know a doctor who works in the OR at a teaching hospital in Detroit but he lives in Windsor, Ontario.

Prior to 9/11, he was allowed to wear his hospital scrubs back into Canada from Detroit.

Does anyone know if hospital workers HERE are allowed to wear their scrubs home?

I have seen people who don't work in the medical sector who wear scrubs because they say they are comfy.

All kinds of scrubs for sale on ebay. and I imagine you could also find them at the salvation army or other thrift stores.

Acting Insp. Tracy Dobbin speaking --
she says there **are** POIs. Apologies if this video link has already been posted:

222078--police-confident-they-will-catch-person-responsible-for-sonia-varaschin-s-murder

CityNews (TV) just stated that LE has called off the search "with no explanation" .... Sigh!

What could the perp have left behind? A hat? gloves? cigarettes? booze bottle? I hope they find something.

Matou: "What could the perp have left behind? A hat? gloves? cigarettes? booze bottle? I hope they find something."

murder weapon? boots? lockpicking tool?
I also hope this will be the break we need.

I think it's interesting that we don't know the manner of death, blunt force trauma, stab wounds? Was she tied up? When I read the stories today I couldn't help but to think this new search has everything to do with the 2 year anniversary of her murder. The weather in southern Ontario has been pretty great all summer, why now? Unless the tip came in yesterday, of course. JMO

from the video, both the woods and the swamp were searched today.

this is a bit more depressing:

QUOTE: "Our investigation is very much active and continuing, so our investigators more than likely received some information in regards to that swamp area,” said Ontario Provincial Police Sgt. Peter Leon, media relations for Central Region.

He said that he was not aware that anything had been found. UNQUOTE

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...tion-with-unsolved-murder-of-sonia-varaschin/

I have seen people who don't work in the medical sector who wear scrubs because they say they are comfy.

All kinds of scrubs for sale on ebay. and I imagine you could also find them at the salvation army or other thrift stores.

Yes. And they are also available in regular stores. I needed new yoga pants a few weeks ago and I saw scrubs in the store I went to. I was almost tempted to buy them......for the comfort! I stuck to the yoga pants, though. :)

The last paragraph is this:

&#8220;For me, the message today is to let the public know that this investigation continues as intensely as it did from day one,&#8221; she said, adding that she is confident Varaschin&#8217;s killer will be caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double