CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this new information as indicated by the neighbour in this video - he's interviewed and pointing up?

"It was kind of horrific, the big sunrise window had blood dripping down it inside"

http://www.chch.com/kiiled-sonia-varaschin/

The part about blood in the upstairs window is new iirc, the video did not have sound for me either.
The video might have been released to evoke a sense of emotional intimacy with Sonia, maybe to provoke the perp?
imo, speculation.

b782e42017a12ece263f7cb1d2bc771d.jpg

I've noticed that the new picture, the video, and the old photo being used, all have Sonia with blondish or light hair. Not sure if that's intentional? ?

The part about blood in the upstairs window is new iirc, the video did not have sound for me either.
The video might have been released to evoke a sense of emotional intimacy with Sonia, maybe to provoke the perp?
imo, speculation.
Dotr, that's what I thought too. We did not know this about the blood inside the upstairs window.

That's kind of a big deal, isn't it?

I'm trying to find a crime even picture that might show it.

I've noticed that the new picture, the video, and the old photo being used, all have Sonia with blondish or light hair. Not sure if that's intentional? ?

Sonia looks particularly pretty in the new releases, although certainly an attractive and pleasant looking woman in the usual pics of a respectable professional.
In the new pics.Sonia looks like she is at a special occasion or going on a date, speculation, imo.

Is anyone able to manipulate this photo to invert the colors on the window?

8b841848107eb6f5aa8b0bf5c5464b09.jpg

Thanks Wondergirl, for the link to that CHCH video. No, I hadn't heard about the blood on the inside of her bedroom (?) sunset window. That is very disturbing, if it was her grabbing or falling at the window. I find it interesting that her neighbour stated that she slept with her window open that night and didn't hear anything. Kind of hard to believe IMO.

I also noticed the new released photos of her. She is very pretty. Maybe this is to cause a reaction in the perp?

Fwiw, the clip of the neighbour speaking about the blood on the upper window is from the 5th-year anniversary -- http://www.chch.com/5-years-since-unsolved-orangeville-murder/ -- which media at the 6-year mark have decided to replay. I don't remember if we discussed it here on WS, but there was discussion on Aug 30 2015 about that blood evident on the 'sunburst window' on the Canadian site (post 1023 -- I'm citing my own, to be safe). There was speculation that the upper window was in Sonia's bedroom (was she sleeping? was she surprised there?) I'm not sure that discussion propelled any new ideas -- though it would be great if it might do so here or now :)

It has been reported that her bedroom was a very bloody scene, if I recall, and Detective said that he was a cold blooded killer. There was also blood throughout her townhouse. Family had to repaint and replace the floors.
It is believed she was attacked in her bedroom. So killer did walk around. Boot prints found. Possibly looking for her car keys?

What I do not understand is this: Police stated that he would have a noticeable amount of blood on him, and yet when one looks at the vehicle, apart from the blood on the back of the car, it appears to be relatively clean.

I don't see any blood on the bedroom window. It was reported that there was blood on the Sunburst window. A sunburst window is usually an arched window. It is a unique design. Can be found in outside doors. Her upstairs windows are often called casement windows.
He may have meant the window running the length of the front door. I see paper on the window.
I do not see a sunburst window at the front of her home.

Fwiw, the clip of the neighbour speaking about the blood on the upper window is from the 5th-year anniversary -- http://www.chch.com/5-years-since-unsolved-orangeville-murder/ -- which media at the 6-year mark have decided to replay. I don't remember if we discussed it here on WS, but there was discussion on Aug 30 2015 about that blood evident on the 'sunburst window' on the Canadian site (post 1023 -- I'm citing my own, to be safe). There was speculation that the upper window was in Sonia's bedroom (was she sleeping? was she surprised there?) I'm not sure that discussion propelled any new ideas -- though it would be great if it might do so here or now :)
Fwiw, the neighbour says - verbatim - "the main window, it's LIKE a sunburst window, it had blood stains on it, the second floor, the steps had blood stains" while he's pointing up.

So.

Was Sonia clawing at the window trying to get out or get attention?

I'm pretty perplexed as to HOW she was murdered and they left SO much blood evidence - not to mention 3 crime scenes - and still we have nothing. Nothing except the killers DNA and boot print that is. But WHO killed Sonia - and WHY??

Come on LE - give the public some more info to work with here!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Fwiw, the neighbour says - verbatim - "the main window, it's LIKE a sunburst window, it had blood stains on it, the second floor, the steps had blood stains" while he's pointing up.

So.

Was Sonia clawing at the window trying to get out or get attention?

Probably blood splatter, I would guess.

Have we determined that the front window over her garage was her bedroom window? Did we ever see a floor plan for her unit?

TIA

http://www.orangeville.com/news-sto...-that-will-crack-sonia-varaschin-murder-case/

Six years later, police still hoping for tip that will crack Sonia Varaschin murder case

Two possible suspects seen in a video released by police in 2014 were cleared of any connection to the murder.

“I don't believe for a second it is anybody wandering through town, ” said Glassford while speaking to The Banner last year. “Common sense tells me it is somebody who is familiar with the area.”

“It is kind of a difficult situation to be in because we want the public to help us, but we can't tell them everything,” he said. “We can’t lay it all out there because it jeopardizes the case.”

Sonia looks particularly pretty in the new releases, although certainly an attractive and pleasant looking woman in the usual pics of a respectable professional.
In the new pics.Sonia looks like she is at a special occasion or going on a date, speculation, imo.

Maybe the photo to the left was an application photo for the last employer (pharma)?

http://www.orangeville.com/news-sto...-that-will-crack-sonia-varaschin-murder-case/

Six years later, police still hoping for tip that will crack Sonia Varaschin murder case

Two possible suspects seen in a video released by police in 2014 were cleared of any connection to the murder.

“I don't believe for a second it is anybody wandering through town, ” said Glassford while speaking to The Banner last year. “Common sense tells me it is somebody who is familiar with the area.”

“It is kind of a difficult situation to be in because we want the public to help us, but we can't tell them everything,” he said. “We can’t lay it all out there because it jeopardizes the case.”
Hmm. How would it jeopardize the case exactly?

Apropos fair 2.9.-4.9.:

Orangeville Police hat retweetet
Chief Wayne Kalinski ‏@WayneKalinski 3. Sep. Übersetzung anzeigen
Having a great time at the Orangeville @orangevillefair @OrangevillePS

Maybe, the perp was in town again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors