CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another anniversary is approaching and still no arrests. I hope that the OPP will be putting out an appeal again through the media so as to remind the perpetrators that this is still an active investigation. I do believe that this case will be solved. There is too many crime scenes for a perpetrator to not have left some evidence. The OPP have DNA so maybe another DNA sweep may provide some potential suspects. I find it unlikely that this perpetrator has not offended prior to this case. This is disturbing as it means that there are unsolved crimes committed by this perpetrator. This was not his first offence. I am sure that the OPP have probably made some comparisons through VICLAS. The question is how many matches were made and to what cases. I find it rather impossible to believe that he has not offended before.

rbbm
http://citizen.on.ca/?p=9694
Public the key’ to solving Sonia Varaschin murder
August 24, 2017 ·

Varaschin.jpg
By Mike Pickford

Detective Inspector Shawn Glassford of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Criminal Investigation Branch has been the investigative lead for several years. He noted that both Orangeville Police Service and OPP have followed up on “well over” 1,000 tips relating to Sonia’s murder since 2010. Despite that considerable number, he remains optimistic that the key piece of information needed to help detectives solve the case will come in.
When quizzed on whether he believed it realistic that Sonia’s killer would be brought to justice so long after the events of that fateful night, Det. Insp. Glassford answered with emphatic tenacity.
“Absolutely,” he told the Citizen. “We want to solve this case. We want to solve this for Sonia’s family and we want to solve this for the community. Is it frustrating? Yes. Is it troubling? Yes. Notwithstanding that, we want results. We want to bring whoever is responsible for this to justice. That is our goal.”

“I think the public is the key in this case, they’re the key in any case,” Det. Insp. Glassford said. “This isn’t historical, this is seven years, but in any case you need the public,” he said. “Somebody out there knows, whether it be a girlfriend, a wife. … Somebody has information they may not even think is that important. Pick up the phone, let us be the ones to decide whether or not it’s important.”

“We’re currently taking advantage of new DNA technology with the Centre for Forensic Sciences. We’re hopeful that will generate new information for us,” he said.

“Do I believe this is a random act? No. I don’t believe that for a second. I wouldn’t think this was someone just wandering through town. Whether it was the area, Sonia or a combination of those things, there’s knowledge there from whoever did this,” he said.

He continued, “I’m not aware of any crime happening that is similar to this or could be related to this.”

OK now I'm wondering and yet this guy's DNA was found on his wife's clothes so his DNA must have been tested in Sonia's case, right????

OK now I'm wondering and yet this guy's DNA was found on his wife's clothes so his DNA must have been tested in Sonia's case, right????
Very weird!
rbbm
https://www.orangeville.com/news-st...in-loder-attacker-could-have-killed-his-wife/
Tremble’s saliva and DNA was found on Roberts’ T-shirt, but the court also heard that it could have been deposited at any time after her T-shirt was washed.

Tremble’s DNA was not found underneath Roberts’ fingernails. A two-centimetre hair from a male’s scalp was found on her pyjama pants.

The court heard that the hair, which was in the active growing stage, would have required some force to be plucked loose. The DNA profile of the hair did not match Tremble or anyone else involved in the investigation.

OK but he parked far enough away from his wife's house (Ford Explorer truck) to walk to the house, kill her, take her Jeep to where he parked, then leave in his truck. The car jockey. Probably similar to what Sonia's killer did with his vehicle. He is a farmer. He is implicating the killer of his wife (he was found guilty) as the same person who killed Sonia and attacked Shelley Loder. Their major arguments started in Sept 2010 right after Sonia was killed. Wife was bludgeoned to death and comforter on her. Victim was found in the home with baby unharmed. Still....HINK.

https://www.guelphmercury.com/news-...ed-murder-victim-s-father-tells-guelph-court/

Does Terry Tremble wear size 10 boots? Did he have Marks Work Warehouse boots? Was he on Plenty of Fish?

Does Terry Tremble wear size 10 boots? Did he have Marks Work Warehouse boots? Was he on Plenty of Fish?

Ditto, did the farmer " forcefully " pull at anybody's hair and plant it ?
speculation, imo.

Shelley Loder was attacked on Dec 7 2010 and I believe Tremble was arrested for the murder of wife and likely still in custody during that time. I still am bothered by this guy. He moved his wife's vehicle for some reason and left her body there. WHY?

I don't see any connection here other than the fact that this guy and his defense attorney(s) came up with this idea to try to deflect from his obvious guilt over killing the wife who was afraid he'd do just that.

MOO

... He moved his wife's vehicle for some reason and left her body there. WHY?

Rsbm.
Good question: it really does seem somewhat similar an MO as in Sonia's case, as you've indicated, Matou. He parked his car far enough away from the scene to not be detected. He could hardly walk back if, as I assume, he would be covered in blood: that would arouse a lot of suspicion, and a 20-minute walk is a long time to be visible. Using her vehicle would allow him to have cover and to potentially delay discovery of the body in the basement if folks assumed she was out (fortunately she was found on the same day because the baby was making noise). It's eerily similar with the comforter, as you've noted!
I'm not concluding this person killed Sonia Varaschin. But I agree with you all in my hope that he was DNA-tested in her case !

From one of the posted links, https://www.guelphmercury.com/news-...ed-murder-victim-s-father-tells-guelph-court/ :

"Adrienne’s black Jeep Patriot was missing from the residence, and discovered 1.9 kilometres away in a parking lot. De Vos said testimony will show surveillance cameras caught someone driving a red Ford Explorer pickup to that lot just after 2 a.m. on the morning of the murder and walking away in the direction of the Arthur home. The mystery person returned to the lot just before 11 a.m. with the Jeep and drove away in the Explorer.

De Vos said he’ll call evidence that “the truck matches Mr. Tremble’s pickup truck.”

The moving of the vehicles in this husband/wife murder case would indicate to me that he did not want his vehicle to be seen near her home as it would be recognizable to the neighbors. I believe it was the matrimonial home she was found in. So he parked it away from the home and walked there. Then used her vehicle to get away after the murder to avoid being seen walking back to his vehicle. I don't see how he would be involved in Sonia's case, or the same stranger would be responsible for both women's murders, as his defense would like the courts to believe. There are some slight similarities, as there likely are in a lot of murder cases, but not enough to convince me or LE that the cases are related in any way.

In Sonia's case, it could be the same type of scenario if her murderer was known to her and his vehicle was known to the neighbors as one that had been parked there before. Or he was concerned that there may be some surveillance in her neighborhood that would detect his vehicle driving to her house although I would think there would be more of a worry of cameras where he dumped Sonia's vehicle. Or it could be that the murderer had no vehicle but lived in close proximity to where Sonia's vehicle was dumped and walked home. My personal opinion is the last scenario. It is not lost on me that Sonia's home backed on to a green space and she was supposedly at her back door letting her cat in/out often, including that night I believe. Anyone could likely have seen her doing this from that field. So I don't rule out random stranger, especially since this has not been solved with 3 separate crime scenes. Random stranger crimes are the most difficult to solve.

MOO

[video=youtube;ac94khAcnqE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac94khAcnqE[/video]

A farewell, sonia would have deserved too. These pitiable women, Adrienne and Sonia and Shelley (although alive).
:tears:

Another Christmas almost here. I'm thinking of the Varaschin family at this time especially. Let's hope the new year brings some new tips -- and some closure in the form of justice.

Does anyone know off-hand what pharmaceutical company Sonia worked for when she was murdered?

That's a good question, dotr. I've gone back to search in order to respond to your question but I can't find any answers either. All reports I see just indicate her new post was at a PC in Mississauga. I wonder why that info wasn't made public, like the name of the hospital she had just left, which was?
Is there a specific reason for the question -- perhaps a line of inquiry that might be useful to share? :)

That's a good question, dotr. I've gone back to search in order to respond to your question but I can't find any answers either. All reports I see just indicate her new post was at a PC in Mississauga. I wonder why that info wasn't made public, like the name of the hospital she had just left, which was?
Is there a specific reason for the question -- perhaps a line of inquiry that might be useful to share? :)

Southlake Regional Health Centre in Newmarket.

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/...-s-final-days-filled-with-strife-mother-says/

Tiptoeing on this one, but curious which drug company SV worked at after leaving her job at Southlake RHC ( thanks for that colette!) because i was curious in light of the recent suspicious deaths of the Apotex founder and his wife. complete speculation, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme