Found Deceased Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the mom was found dead, maybe they lived alone. :(

Prayers for her safety. Odd that no one knows what she was wearing. But then, if my daughter was kidnapped, I might not be able to remember my own name. Was she removed from her bed? Was she already in the car, and the car stolen? Surely the car was stolen if police don't know who was driving it. Did this happen in the early hours of the morning? I wish the police would release a few more details. Someone's memory may be triggered.

Be safe, little lamb.

I have to find the link, (will post ASAP) but owner of the home lives upstairs and said he heard nothing unusual & that they just moved in May 1st. He also said they were good tenants

Can someone familiar with Stampede Week give us a rundown of where it happens and what happens? I understand there's a rodeo, but I'm assuming there are other festivities.

It's all set up on one edge of downtown, not near Panorama Hills at all. There's rides, foods, events, shows, rodeos etc all at the location just to the east of downtown. This is "stampede grounds".

However, throughout the city there will be daily pancake breakfasts, or restaurants/bars doing promotions or specials for the evening.

So most of the direct activity is focused on the grounds,but the whole city has a "stampede feel". The bars and grounds would be full of people drinking late into the evening and early mornings, but it's not like the entire city stops what they are doing during the week or becomes a ghost town.

I personally wouldn't see a connection between stampede and this incident.

ETA: as far as I understand the grounds become their own district during stampede so it's heavily policed. And besides drunk fighting, I think there's only been 1 stabbing in recent years that was determined to be gang related. So generally it's fairly safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone familiar with Stampede Week give us a rundown of where it happens and what happens? I understand there's a rodeo, but I'm assuming there are other festivities.

The panorama heights neighborhood is 25 kms from the actual Stampede grounds, fwiw.

But ETA:
Snipped...
At the Stampede, attendance is on target to hit their average 1.1 million to 1.2 million, said Theresa Howland, director of consumer marketing and sales.
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/lifestyle/parties-fewer-tone-tamer/2949570.html
(it's interesting LE said they don't think Taliyah has left the city...)
:thinking:
ETA2:
Snipped from the link below:
...Although the Amber Alert was issued for all of Alberta, police said they don’t have any information to suggest that Marsman is outside of Calgary.

Completely different areas of the city stampede.jpg

Some new info on the dad in this article

http://globalnews.ca/news/2818455/amber-alert-issued-for-5-year-old-calgary-girl/

Police said they have been in contact with Marsman’s father, Baillie’s estranged husband, who has been co-operating with the investigation.

Marsman’s mother and father were known to police due to domestic-violence related calls.

“There’s limited domestic history – both reported and unreported,” Coleman said.

Global News has confirmed Marsman’s father is Colin Evan Marsman, 36.

According to court documents obtained by Global News, Baillie feared that Marsman could cause her personal injury. The information came in a charge filed on March, 2, 2015.

In February 2015, documents indicated Marsman was charged with unlawful confinement of Baillie, and the threat of violence to prevent her from using her cellphone to contact police.

Marsman was the subject of a peace bond, for a period of 12 months beginning in March of 2015.

The charges were withdrawn in exchange for him undergoing the peace bond.

Some of the conditions of the bond included him not having contact with Baillie, or coming within a two-block radius of her home. He was, however, allowed to contact Baillie via text message to arrange access to their child.

Although the Amber Alert was issued for all of Alberta, police said they don’t have any information to suggest that Marsman is outside of Calgary.

The Amber Alert is reaching far and wide and that's great. I live in Ontario (other side of the Country really) and my local friends are sharing the Amber Alert on FB. In addition, all the local radio and TV stations are broadcasting the story. The word is out and people are looking. The more eyes that are searching and knowing the better!

It's all set up on one edge of downtown, not near Panorama Hills at all. There's rides, foods, events, shows, rodeos etc all at the location just to the east of downtown. This is "stampede grounds".

I personally wouldn't see a connection between stampede and this incident.

ETA: as far as I understand the grounds become their own district during stampede so it's heavily policed. And besides drunk fighting, I think there's only been 1 stabbing in recent years that was determined to be gang related. So generally it's fairly safe.

The panorama heights neighborhood is 25 kms from the actual Stampede grounds, fwiw.

But ETA:
Snipped...

Completely different areas of the city

Thanks everyone! I didn't know if there would have been more noise than usual or more foot traffic or more coming and going etc. Obviously it's far enough away that it shouldn't have had much effect, if any.

Is a 'peace bond" Canada's version of what we call a restraining order?

A peace bond is similar but is also where a person agrees to keep the peace and be of good behaviour. Any sort of breach even if it's unrelated to the offence it was issued for can put the person in jail.

**If this violates the rules admin please delete!***

There are a couple interesting comments on the amber alert tweet sent out by the Calgary Police.
[video=twitter;752861595450028038]https://twitter.com/calgarypolice/status/752861595450028038[/video]

There is a really interesting comment on the Calgary police tweet I posted by screen name initials MT

**If this violates the rules admin please delete!***

There are a couple interesting comments on the amber alert tweet sent out by the Calgary Police.
[video=twitter;752861595450028038]https://twitter.com/calgarypolice/status/752861595450028038[/video]

SweetAdeline, this screenshot is fine as it is from an official LE social media account (Note: MSM is also permitted). You may direct posters to a comment by the general public by referencing the time and initials of the commenter, but whatever that content is cannot be discussed here.

Hope that helps.

SweetAdeline, this screenshot is fine as it is from an official LE social media account (Note: MSM is also permitted). You may direct posters to a comment by the general public by referencing the time and initials of the commenter, but whatever that content is cannot be discussed here.

Hope that helps.

Thank you!!! If you click on the photo it will bring you to the Tweet itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members