Found Deceased Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who finds it a bit odd how close the police are letting media get to the search areas??

[video=twitter;753665573012115456]https://twitter.com/meyer_lucas/status/753665573012115456[/video]

The CTV report show that they've been searching various areas simultaneously in a very large area west of Delacourt, so I don't think LE have been shutting down traffic. http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police...ing-calgary-girl-after-man-arrested-1.2986436

Does anyone have a link to the press conference? Should be live in half an hr right?

Am I the only one who finds it a bit odd how close the police are letting media get to the search areas??

[video=twitter;753665573012115456]https://twitter.com/meyer_lucas/status/753665573012115456[/video]

Reporter was probably using a zoom lens.

Don't know if this has been asked/answered but, if SB was due at work, wouldn't TM be expected to be at a day care providers / babysitter / family members?
Wouldn't that person have questioned her whereabouts that morning?

Yes I've asked that a few times too and it appears we don't have an answer on that yet. So far it appears co workers must have contacted the family, there has been no reported mentions of who Taliyah should have been with. I'm eagerly waiting to hear.

FWIW
What follows is my rough transcript of the Globalnews interview of Colin Marsman which was posted July 14 2016 at 9:18 am

http://globalnews.ca/news/2824354/a...rview-with-father-of-missing-taliyah-marsman/

Please note that this is not official, nor in any way connected with the participants or employees or management of Globalnews.

RF = Reid Fiest, Globalnews Reporter

Transcript: Interview of Colin Marsman (father of missing girl, Taliyah Marsman) by Globalnews.

RF: Do you know anything about what's, what's--like who they've got in custody or that sort of thing or...

CM: I, um, I'm finding out the same things, uh, as everybody, at the same, at the same time as everybody else. Um, I just, I stay glued to the, to the TV and um, I, I, I'm not--I'm finding out the same thing as everybody else at the same time.

RF: Do you know that car? Have you seen the car that police have, have shown?

CM: I have, I have no idea about that. I don't know whose, whose that is or anything. I'm working closely with the police and I stay in contact with the police. Every hour, we're talking to each other. Um, um, but as far as for information and stuff, I find out at the same time as everybody else does. *****[But I’m cooperating with them. We’re staying close in contact. But as far as that situation I’m not sure. *I don’t know who may own that or whose it is. I wish I could be more help.]

RF: Do you have any idea about who might have done this and why someone would have done this?

CM: No sir, I don't. Not at all.

RF: How are you doing?

CM: Trying to stay strong for my son…and, uh, for my daughter I'm going to get her back. And I'm trying to, trying to, trying to stay strong sir, you know?

RF: Do, do you have a message for your daughter if she could, if she could hear you? Or, what would you want to tell Taliyah?

CM: To, to tell her that Daddy loves her, and I'm here and I'm waiting for her to come back home, and I'm praying. And, I believe that, you know, I'm going to see her soon. And I just can't wait to see my daughter. That's all, all I have sir. I'm praying every day. (indecipherable to me) All my family and friends are praying and hoping for the best. I believe we're going to see her and, uh, I just want everybody to pray. Keep, keep praying for her, my daughter to come home safe.

***** Please note. Before I could review my transcript by going through the video at the site again, I had to get some things done. When I came back, my computer was frozen--total Mac spiral of death--so I exited the frozen screen (I know it's not the correct IT language, but hope it's clear). I went to the same website, played what seemed to be the same interview EXCEPT it's not. A section had been edited. You can hear the word "but" on what is still posted. And the words of the section I've set in a different font are no longer on the video. The rest of the video is what I had written, and what, at least at the time I looked at it, is essentially the same on the transcription provided on the site by Global. The Global transcription may also have been changed so better reflect the existing version of the interview. It may have been eliminated to save time or space, but I found it odd. I guess it's the equivalent of reporter's notes, not everything makes it onto the page. However, I wanted people who listened to the interview before the change to be aware of why there is a discrepancy between what they may remember hearing and what I wrote in my transcript. Hope that clarifies things.

I've seen this too. But this kind of court proceeding is extremely commonplace - child support matters are before the courts all the time. What we don't know is whether their legal dealings over support were acrimonious. If not then I don't personally find it particularly compelling information.
IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. And if the cake they were buying did happen to be for TM's daddy, then it seems as if they would be on somewhat decent terms. That's pure speculation though, since we don't know who the cake was for.

Yes I've asked that a few times too and it appears we don't have an answer on that yet. So far it appears co workers must have contacted the family, there has been no reported mentions of who Taliyah should have been with. I'm eagerly waiting to hear.

Could it be that the driver of the dark grey sedan was the one who was supposed to pick up TM for SB's work shift??

We know now that it's the driver of sedan in custody (at least I'm pretty sure that is fact now). And it's been stated the man in custody is friends with SB, so that makes sense to get a friend to look after TM, and makes sense that TM would trust the person.

However, that person should have been - and maybe was - at SB's suite early in the morning, I'm thinking 9am-10am because it was 10am when people started searching for SB. So that's likely when her shift started.

The sedan is not on the home security cam footage earlier than 12pm, but that certainly does not mean it wasn't in the neighbourhood earlier than that. Where that camera is located does not seem to be a direct route to the suite.

Ok presser on now....hopefully more answers coming soon.

Nothing significant found in the search. :( Found a stuffed animal but it's not known if it's related to the case.

Man in custody was in that area for a brief period.

He's known to the family. No cooperation from him.

"Zero cooperation". They must have used gps on his phone.

They have to come up with something to charge him with or else they will have to let him go by tonight. Ugh. indeed.

Lost my connection. :mad:

https://twitter.com/ctvcalgary

TV Calgary Retweeted
Rahim Ladhani ‏@RLadhaniCTV 2m2 minutes ago
Police still considering possibility there are other suspects

CTV Calgary ‏@CTVCalgary 57s57 seconds ago
.@Calgarypolice say the sedan was seized in parking lot of NE mall...

CTV Calgary Retweeted
Rahim Ladhani ‏@RLadhaniCTV 1m1 minute ago
Police say they have until later tonight to lay charges on man in custody before they have to let him go #AmberAlert #TaliyahMarsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee