CANADA Canada - Tamra Keepness, 5, Regina, Sask, 5 July 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The stepfather of Tamra Keepness was charged Monday with assault causing bodily harm after an alleged altercation at the family home the night she disappeared.

The charge came a week after police said they had some questions about what was happening in the home that night. "Our investigation has brought to light evidence of an assault," said police spokeswoman Elizabeth Popowich. "It certainly came out of the larger investigation into the disappearance of Tamra Keepness."
http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=e0a167f7-501e-4dc8-83eb-b96650207010

Here is the timeline of events in Tamra Jewel Keepness' disappearance, according to the CBC. The article provides links to all of the previous articles relating to Keepness.

Tamra's stepfather has been granted bail in the assault charge. The charge is unrelated to his daughter's disappearance, although the assault did occur just hours prior to her disappearance.

Could her disappearance be out of revenge for the assault?

Finding the remains in the stolen van and then haulting the search shortly thereafter certainly would indicate that the police think the remains may be Tamra's.

Tamra's step father was in a fight just a few hours before she disappeared (the fight resulted in that assault charge that he faced last month). My opinion is that the little girl was abducted as retribution for that prior assault, the abductors stole that van from her neighbourhood, and headed towards the Pasqua Reserve where they disposed of the van and her remains.

I think that the police had a hunch from the begining that Tamra was abducted by someone who knew the family and had been in the house before. That is why they were so focused on the family and their acquaintances from the begining.

I just hope that Tamra is at peace. The whole story makes me sad. She was just an innocent child. :(

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here.

Anyway, thats exactly what I thought. The guy gets assaulted by the father. The guy is the last person to see Tamara........then her father assaults him. V V suspect. But the police keep saying that the 2 incidents (Tamara dissapearing and the fight) are not connected. I'll guess at the fact the somebody knows more that they're letting on and the police suspect this........

Welcome to the board, Emma. :)

I agree with you 100%.

Early in the investigation the police were focusing on the family and the many people that would go in and out of that house. I think that there was some other activity, crimminal in nature, that Tamra's family was involved with and that Tamra may have been abducted as retribution. I think that the family is afraid to tell the police everything that they know.

There is way more to this story than we will ever know. I just wish that people would start talking (even anonymously) and put this little girl first! :(

Now Tamara's biological father is charged with assaulting her step-father - when is this all going to end???

http://sask.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=sk_keepnessfather20040811

Tamra's biological father charged with assault
REGINA - The biological father of Tamra Keepness has been charged with assaulting her stepfather.

Troy Keepness

Police allege Troy Keepness attacked Dean McArthur Wednesday morning with a baseball bat.

Five-year-old Tamra Keepness disappeared from McArthur's home more than a month ago.

Police say McArthur sustained minor injuries.

Troy Keepness made a brief court appearance Wednesday and has been released until his next court date on August 25.

Keepness told reporters he went to Tamra's home to get answers about his missing daughter.

still no word on Tamara...this is a sad sad story. I dont know who took her, or what happened to her, but I think someone who was in that house that night knows something they are not saying.

linnafay said:
still no word on Tamara...this is a sad sad story. I dont know who took her, or what happened to her, but I think someone who was in that house that night knows something they are not saying.

Linnafay, this case haunts me so much. That little girl is so cute. I look everyday to see if there's anything new and there just is never anything promising. It seems like something funny did happen in the home that night. I keep wondering if they sold her for drugs, or if someone was molesting her and ended up killing her. What is going on with the burned out cars? I think police have a good idea what happened they are just waiting for some proof or a witness to break down.

Small news update article on little Tamara, nothing vastly new I'm afraid........Where IS she? :banghead:

"Tamra's stepfather: 'I would never hurt her'

REGINA - The stepfather of a Regina girl who has been missing for six weeks says he fears for his safety because police and people in the community believe he played a role in Tamra Keepness's disappearance.

"Of course I'm scared, you know, because I'm being accused of something that I had nothing to do with," Dean McArthur said in a lengthy CBC interview.".............snip

"He admitted in the CBC interview Thursday that he was out drinking most of the night Tamra vanished, after arguing with his common-law wife, Lorena Keepness. He said he came home briefly at 3 a.m. to check on the six Keepness children because their mother was also out.

According to another witness, Russell Sheepskin, who rented a basement apartment in the house and was supposedly babysitting the children, Tamra was sleeping on the couch at the time.

McArthur said he didn't even enter the house when he visited. Extremely drunk, he walked to his aunt's home to sleep on her couch. Nobody saw him along the way." snip..............

Full article
http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2004/08/20/mcarthur_keepness040820.html

Well that's strange. The stepfather went by the house late at night "to check on" the kids because they were home alone, but he didn't even go inside? How did he intend to check on them if he didn't even go inside?

imo

Indeed! I dont have children but when I babysit for my cousins I'm paranoid and constantly check on them. I even used to go up to the baby and touch her to make sure she was breathing........THATS checking on them..........

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back