Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I woke up hoping that there would be some news. Praying for this little one that she is safe for now and will be rescued.

As the sun comes up in Alberta, please let this little one be found safe and unharmed.

Also, these type of murder/kidnapping cases are not as common in Canada as they seem to be in the U.S. hence the confusion and late posting of the Amber Alert. I am very concerned about little Hailey and hope she is found soon - and found alive and in good condition. Unfortunately, she could be anywhere.

RSBM
I've never heard of an incident like this anywhere before, where the parent is murdered and the child stolen. I'm presuming the father knew this person in some way. It's horrific, the poor child must have been so frightened. I just really hope she's ok.
She's so very cute and looks as bright as a button, I really hope she's not harmed in any way and they find her. Quickly. Times knocking on.

http://m.calgarysun.com/2015/09/14/amber-alert-hailey-dunbar-blanchette-abducted-from-blairmont

He said Terry Blanchette was “not a very well-liked person” and had repeatedly been in trouble with the law.

I wonder what that's about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was convicted in Calgary for two unrelated assaults, a theft of beef jerky from a dollar store and a theft of an iPhone at a Zellers. These happened in 2013. I don't know of this was before or after Hailey's birth.

I can't link to the the Calgary Sun article cuz I'm on my phone and I just typed what I read. Hopefully it's on the online version of the Sun.

Feels like a very organised hit, but then he was stabbed not shot. Someone had to get close enough to him to attack him. I hope they find her soon

As an American citizen and a permanent resident of Canada who lives in Southeastern Manitoba, I have observed that the RCMP is very different than most police organizations in the states due to Canadian law. They often will provide the press very little detail about the cases they are working on. Also, these type of murder/kidnapping cases are not as common in Canada as they seem to be in the U.S. hence the confusion and late posting of the Amber Alert. I am very concerned about little Hailey and hope she is found soon - and found alive and in good condition. Unfortunately, she could be anywhere.
Authorities didn't know he had his daughter until the mom read about the stabbing on FB and called the RCMP. That is why the AA was posted late; it wasn't that the Mounties were sitting around confused about Amber Alerts.

Feels like a very organised hit, but then he was stabbed not shot. Someone had to get close enough to him to attack him. I hope they find her soon

Not as many guns here as in the US. As someone who lives in western Canada, my observation is that more peope are stabbed here than shot. IDK. JMO.

Why would Montana issue an AA for a Canadian child? Do they believe the perp is heading into or towards Montana ? Just joining so forgive me if this has been covered. tia

Why would Montana issue an AA for a Canadian child? Do they believe the perp is heading into or towards Montana ? Just joining so forgive me if this has been covered. tia

Because the abduction took place in a town that is 'fairly' close to the border of Montana. I really can't see the abductor getting the child across the Canada/USA border without a passport or identification of some kind. But I guess anything is possible.

ETA: Distance from Blaimore, Alberta to Sweetgrass, MT is 153 miles so not too far

Stabbing seems like such a personal attack or crime of passion and rage (and from what I've read usually is). I just hope little Hailey is ok :(

I just heard on the news that Hailey's mother is expected to speak later today.

This is not good. Just catching up but I can only think of 2 reasons why the perp would take Hailey. She can ID them, or she was the target. Unless the perp panicked? Idk.. How awful. Hope Hailey is found safe soon!!

I'd like to see the posts where someone else claimed to be the father.. mentioned here earlier on

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

where did you hear that?
Back a few pages someone posted that on a Facebook page comment there was a guy who was initially believed to be the father. That's all I saw of it.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

If I'm understanding everything correctly, no one actually saw the girl being put into the van ?
Is there a chance there was more than one vehicle and she could be in a different vehicle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member