Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that LE checked attics, basements, crawlspaces, closets, cupboards, etc..for this precious baby. My heart breaks..... :(

I hope so too! Remember the al Hilli case in the French Alps, where the family was shot in their SUV. It wasn't until the next day that investigators realized that one of the little girls was alive and hiding on the floor under her dead mother's legs/skirt. The poor petrified little thing.

Horrifying. Someone killed the daddy and took the screaming baby girl. What monsters we have living among us these days! I have been up through Crow's Nest it is gorgeous and west into BC - WOW! But, OMG it is huge and mountainous. They could be anywhere or he could have just put her out in the woods and driven away!

Surely someone he knows can ID the owner of the white van with the flag aerial - whatever that is.

I'm wondering if one of the neighbours witnessed the van speeding away? I can't think how else they would have a description. I sure hope someone paid attention when they heard the little girl screaming. I live in BC. I can't imagine it would have been easy for the abductor to get over the border- you need a letter saying you have permission to take the child over the border if you're not the custodial parent. I'm pretty sure the person would have to show ID- anyone crossed the border with a small child recently? I'm just wondering how tight the protocol is. You'd have to have nerves of steel to attempt it without the proper ID and documents, I would think. I'm betting he (assuming it is a he) headed this way toward BC, those towns are almost right on the border between the two provinces.

I sent my 16 yr old to the U.S. with my parents. I provided a notarized letter, copy of court order proving I had sole custody and guardianship, as well as a notarized letter of consent from the non-custodial parent (my ex).

Why would LE hold back details on the flag? It could have helped ID the van. Isn't that the goal in an Amber Alert?

Why would LE hold back details on the flag? It could have helped ID the van. Isn't that the goal in an Amber Alert?

Probably to help sort tips that may come in. IOW, if they get 200+ tips from across Canada about white vans with flags, the specific flag will help LE zero in on the right tip.

ETA: I would imagine the perp would have removed the flag by now.

So the father was concerned about pedophiles and drug addicts in 2013... this has to be a relative or someone close to him. Was he living alone? When
he worked who was babysitting?

I agree! But the March 8, 2013 post has me even more sad/worried.

Eeeek.

While looking for it I had to go through his Facebook page. He clearly loved his daughter and was trying to turn his life around for her. So sad. :(

I am trying to find a picture of something like how the van is described, but I don't know. Does anyone know? I can't find anything.

Sounds like if you read the article.... that a Sparwood resident helped babysit for him.
Sources close to the Pass Herald have confirmed that Terry Blanchette, the father of abducted two-year-old Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette, was found dead this morning in his home on 21st Ave. in Blairmore.
"He was such a good dad, he did everything for her, not many single fathers could do what he did," said Sparwood resident Corrette Harrington, a close friend to the family who often looked after Hailey. "When you saw Hailey with her dad, she would grin from ear to ear."
"Hailey was easy to love, like another one of my daughters," she said.
Crowsnest Pass RCMP has issued an AMBER Alert for Hailey's abduction.
Police said an unknown person took her from her home Monday at 3:30 a.m.
She is a Caucasian female child of small build with light brown straight hair, bangs and brown eyes.
The suspect vehicle fled the residence west, at a high rate of speed. The vehicle is described as a newer model white van, with a large rear antenna, with a flag attached.
Police have asked people to not approach the suspect. Instead, they are to call Crowsnest Pass RCMP immediately at 403-562-2866 or your local police station.

Police stressed Monday there was no known risk to public safety. Crowsnest Pass RCMP are asking anyone with information to call them at 403-562-2866.

http://calgaryherald.com/storyline/...d-girl-abducted-from-a-residence-in-blairmore

I know they say "unknown" person, but sounds like they must have an idea to say the public is not at risk. To also ask folks not to approach the suspect, IMO would be out of concern for Hailey's safety in case they have to negotiate.

The above article indicates that Terry's co-workers seem to think highly of him, so it is interesting that in another article, the maternal Gpa says Terry was “not a very well-liked person”:

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/09/14/amber-alert-hailey-dunbar-blanchette-abducted-from-blairmont

Big prayers going up for this little one and her family tonite.

Sounds like if you read the article.... that a Sparwood resident helped babysit for him.
Sources close to the Pass Herald have confirmed that Terry Blanchette, the father of abducted two-year-old Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette, was found dead this morning in his home on 21st Ave. in Blairmore.
"He was such a good dad, he did everything for her, not many single fathers could do what he did," said Sparwood resident Corrette Harrington, a close friend to the family who often looked after Hailey. "When you saw Hailey with her dad, she would grin from ear to ear."
"Hailey was easy to love, like another one of my daughters," she said.
Crowsnest Pass RCMP has issued an AMBER Alert for Hailey's abduction.
Police said an unknown person took her from her home Monday at 3:30 a.m.
She is a Caucasian female child of small build with light brown straight hair, bangs and brown eyes.
The suspect vehicle fled the residence west, at a high rate of speed. The vehicle is described as a newer model white van, with a large rear antenna, with a flag attached.
Police have asked people to not approach the suspect. Instead, they are to call Crowsnest Pass RCMP immediately at 403-562-2866 or your local police station.

It makes me sad when people talk about her in past tense. I know it doesn't mean anything. But it just makes me sad anyway.

The fact that LE is saying the general public isn't at risk says a lot to me.

I have my theories though I won't say them here, of course. I hope LE can release some more info soon. They aren't going to get much help from the public with the cluster that's going on now.

imo they definitely have a strong idea of who this is. I think for hailey's safety and to increase their chances of finding her, they're playing dumb for the public so the perp isn't set off.

Another thing I just can't shake is okay Albert alert issued (isn't criteria for that to be a STRANGER abduction?) but no public safety risk?! If whomever took little Hailey is indeed a stranger, I would believe that there is indeed a public safety risk

There's a Facebook page where people are talking about this, and they're saying she was seen this morning in a different town quite a distance away. But it doesn't make sense to me so for now, I don't think it's true. Maybe someone thought they saw her?

Another thing I just can't shake is okay Albert alert issued (isn't criteria for that to be a STRANGER abduction?) but no public safety risk?! If whomever took little Hailey is indeed a stranger, I would believe that there is indeed a public safety risk

What are the criteria for an alert?

Each jurisdiction that establishes an Amber system is free to do whatever it wants. This has led to some criticism. In the U.S., the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) suggests criteria for police forces to follow, which are similar to these recommended in Canada by the RCMP's National Missing Children Services:

The child must be under 18 years of age.
There must be confirmation that the child has been abducted.
Police must have sufficient information to make a search for the child possible, such as descriptions of the child, abductor, accomplices or the suspect’s vehicle.
Police must believe the child is in serious [imminent] danger and be convinced a broadcast will help find the child.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/amber-alerts-when-they-re-used-and-how-they-work-1.816392

ETA: I guess we posted at the same time. I'm going to leave this here anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member