Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CTV News is saying that Hailey lived with her parents in a two week rotation.

Two weeks with her father in Blairmore, and then two weeks with her mother in Edmonton.

<modsnip>

Everyone is questioning why the lateness for the AA. The AA criteria is strict to begin with. It was reported that dad was found by a relative this morning via the media. Mom finds out the info about Hailey on FB later today and contacts the RCMP. My guess is it wasn't until the RCMP spoke with mom and were able to determine then that Hailey was still with her dad, thus issuing the AA when they did.

So sad that poor little Hailey's screams (as heard by neighbors; reported on MSM) weren't reported to the police or somebody, when they were heard.

JMO

The time stamps on social media and timing of the amber alert would suggest that this is the scenario. Good analyzing skills!

I do wonder why her father hadn't taken her back to her mom yesterday- the articles say she was due back with her mom yesterday. I'm thinking whatever stopped him from returning her probably has to do with this horrible situation.

I used to live close to a crossing. Now you need a passport - though I have heard of small crossings being more lax than they should be. When my mother travelled with my sister across the border during her younger years they were typically very thorough regarding her permission to travel with her. She carried a notarized letter from my father folded up in her passport. Some individuals working the border didn't even ask, others were reluctant to let us through even with the letter. I am a lawyer, now, and prepare my share of these letters for parents to vacation without the other parent, attend sporting camps, etc. It seems very discretionary, but based on my experience it would be very difficult to cross without passports for both parties and obvious family ties (like last name - but even then it could be an uphill battle without consent documents) when travelling with a child. Of course - we've all pondered horror stories of children hidden in vehicles, or vehicles crossing outside of monitored crossings (like forest roads), so it's hard to eliminate anything.

The border crossing nearest to Blairmore is one of the really small lax ones. Just one guy working there when I was there in the middle of the day. probably the same for early morning too.

Did I see she wasn't reported missing until 11:15 am? How would that work if she was abducted at 3:30 am and the neighbours saw it? Because they only witnessed the van and didn't realize an abduction had occurred? Or maybe it was the AA that issued at 11:15....

Did I see she wasn't reported missing until 11:15 am? How would that work if she was abducted at 3:30 am and the neighbours saw it? Because they only witnessed the van and didn't realize an abduction had occurred?

I believe it was stated in the presser that LE don't know where the 3:30 time came from and 11:15 is the correct time. Basically, you can disregard the 3:30 time.

Something's not right as to why police hadn't contacted the mother. As she found out on Facebook! You would think they would want to rule the mother out?

The border crossing nearest to Blairmore is one of the really small lax ones. Just one guy working there when I was there in the middle of the day. probably the same for early morning too.

Which one are you thinking of? Roosville or Chief Mountain?

So does this indicate that she is in high school? And the dad was 27? That's...shady, IMO.

Not necessarily.
I don't know how old the mom is but even if she's 16/17 years old, that's a 10 year gap.
I know a couple who got married 2 years ago and they are 10 years apart in age. He's in his 30's and she's in her mid 20's. And they have two kids.

I guess it depends on the couple. It looks shady now, but once they had gotten older, the age gap wouldn't have seemed too bad.

IMO.

For the record, Canadians do have another option for border crossings by land/sea. It is the enhanced drivers license(EDL) it is available in BC, Ontario, Manitoba and QC currently, but can be used at crossings in ANY province to US/Mexico/Carribbean. NOT BY AIR.

Not that I think he went that route, but just sharing info.

I wonder if the fathers body was deceased for a number of hours and this is how the police are basing the time on when Hailey went missing?

Which one are you thinking of? Roosville or Chief Mountain?

Oh wait that's right there is a bigger one I think closer to Waterton. The one I am referring to is just slightly southeast of Waterton.

I believe it was stated in the presser that LE don't know where the 3:30 time came from and 11:15 is the correct time. Basically, you can disregard the 3:30 time.

3:30 is when neighbors heard Hailey screaming.
I think that is where the original 3:30 time came from.
She was probably abducted shortly after that time.
IMO, she was screaming because she probably witnessed her dad's murder :(

Not necessarily.
I don't know how old the mom is but even if she's 16/17 years old, that's a 10 year gap.
I know a couple who got married 2 years ago and they are 10 years apart in age. He's in his 30's and she's in her mid 20's. And they have two kids.

I guess it depends on the couple. It looks shady now, but once they had gotten older, the age gap wouldn't have seemed too bad.

IMO.

I know, my husband is a little over 9 years older than me. But I personally think there's a difference in those situations.

But I don't know how old she is anyway, so I'm going to shut up about that now.

Argyll center also services students up to age 20 I believe in helping them complete schooling. Age of consent in canada is 16, so it would depend on her age I guess.

I wonder if the fathers body was deceased for a number of hours and this is how the police are basing the time on when Hailey went missing?

That's what I'm thinking too.
Plus, neighbors heard Hailey screaming too.
So between the screaming and the rigor/livor mortis on the dad, police were probably able to deduce that she went missing around 3:30am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member