GUILTY Canada - Tess Richey, 22, Toronto, 25 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Front page of today's Toronto Star.
https://www.thestar.com/opinion/con...s-richey-but-ive-walked-in-her-footsteps.html
I didn’t know Tess Richey but I’ve walked in her footsteps

Tess Richey’s story could just as easily be my own writes Star reporter Jenna Moon.
It’s a night I’ve had dozens of times — a night out with friends, in an area of the city where I’ve typically felt safe.

Around midnight on the occasional Friday, my roommate and I will pile into an Uber and make our way down to Crews and Tangos, flanked by our significant others and a rotating group of friends. The majority of us are LGBTQ, and we are all deeply connected to the Village.

There will be dancing, there will be tequila shots. There will be pizza, which we will consume drunkenly at 4 a.m. on a friend’s front porch. Someone, undoubtedly, will drink too much and spend the next day curled up on the couch in our living room, nursing a hangover.

Though I live in Midtown, trips into the Village are frequent — my group of friends heads down every summer for Pride, and often spends afternoons walking the Church St. strip. We share pints at O’Grady’s or The Church Mouse. For Halloween we go to the street festival, wandering for blocks to take in drag queens and lavish costuming.

I have passed the intersection where Tess Richey went missing more times than I can count. I have never met her, but it’s easy enough to see myself as her — I’m just a year older, and we frequent the same bars. Walking up Church St. the other day, I see her growing memorial.

It gives me chills.
Richey’s disappearance was only the latest ripple of fear through the community, where at least eight have vanished this year. Calls for her safe return home were widely shared, and from my vantage point at the Star, I watch discussions unfold online over growing concern for safety in the Village.

In my own circle, text messages and calls are flying: friends warning each other to walk with a buddy at night, to call home for company. My friends individually say that they feel less safe, though my girlfriend swears she won’t stop going to the community she loves.

I really don't how Tess' friend just left her with ppl they just met. They need to go ahead and release the pic of the suspect.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Happens all the time as we've seen over and over. Young people aren't reading the news, Websleuths, etc. to be aware of how dangerous this is. I think colleges are starting to do a better job of educating students via freshman orientation talks, etc., but other than that, there's a huge lack of awareness/common sense in this regard.

IMO.

Are they hinting? rbbm, speculation.
http://canoe.com/news/local-news/wa...ller/wcm/471b62e3-9d6f-4192-9c6a-46db38d23ece
Tess Richey’s killer is not only seen on camera but captured at the outside stairwell on Church Street where she was murdered.

Video surveillance evidence shows him to be at 582 Church St. at the time Richey disappeared on Nov. 25 and at the spot where her slain body was discovered four days later.

But for now, the veteran detective is not releasing an image publicly.

The killer can speculate on why that may be?

The person who did this can also contact a lawyer and turn himself in before the inevitable comes. This would be wise.

Why?

Well, because there’s more video.

Police need to release the info. He is a danger to the public. I hope they don't wait any longer to do this.

I think police are saying the murder is on video. JMO

rbbm.
http://toronto.citynews.ca/2017/12/08/tess-richey-homicide-update/

In the evening before it’s believed Richey was murdered, she and a friend went to Crews & Tango – a bar located on Church Street just south of Maitland Street, an investigator said on Friday.

Police said that after that, around 1:45 a.m., Richey and her friend walked up to the intersection of Church and Wellesley Street to a hot dog cart.
It’s believed that while they were there, an unknown male joined the two women and began talking
. This male is believed to be the suspect.
He is described as a male who appears to have light skin, about 5’7 to 6 feet, slim build, dark jacket and light pants.

Police said Tess, her friend and the suspect went north on Church to Dondonald Street, where they spent some time speaking with a couple. A while later, around 4 a.m., the group then went their separate ways, according to police.

Tess and the suspect walked away and went slightly northbound to 582 Church Street. Police said this is the last time Tess is shown on any kind of security camera or seen by any witnesses.

Police said the suspect left the stairwell on his own and walked north on Church Street.

Police said Richey was last seen wearing all black, carrying a green jacket and a pink purse. Her hair was down and loose and would have appeared dark and wavy.

http://www.nugget.ca/2017/12/09/i-w...en-we-knew-it-and-what-we-did-with-it---chief
Needless to say, it was a tough first news conference for the chief in his first week back on the job after a kidney transplant. The media showed no mercy.

But Saunders handled the situation calmly and professionally. Clearly he is taking community concerns seriously.

“The investigation will involve questions and answers and facts and give me the opportunity to have more clarity on exactly what happened and what were the circumstances,” he said. “I want everybody to have an opportunity to give their version of events so that we can find out what to do about it.”

Toronto Police Association President Mike McCormack said while his members will fully co-operate with the probe “everybody did their duty” and “worked hard on trying to find her.” He believes the probe should focus on “procedures” rather than individuals.

My feeling on it is since Toronto Police receive 4,000 missing persons reports a year it’s time to create a Missing Person’s Bureau. This would end the communication breakdowns between the divisions.
“I want to know exactly what we knew, when we knew it, and what we did with it,” Saunders said.

More words you don’t often hear from a police chief.
rbbm.

I do respect Mark Saunders. It sounds like he was the one that called for the professional standards internal investigation, and as a police chief, I think that's what we should expect from him. I value that.

But I agree, it was a tough news conference, and the media didn't show mercy. Because we are scared, as individuals, and as a community. We need to know that if god forbid, we go missing, our police force will value our lives, and the concerns of our loved ones, enough to actually look for us, and get to the bottom of it. This isn't about a group of over sensitive or easily offended individuals, this is about life and death.

Like I said earlier, a lot of really valuable questions, and not a lot of accountability. Hopefully the internal investigation initiates some fundamental changes.

http://torontosun.com/news/crime/warmington-cops-already-making-changes-on-missing-persons-cases
It’s amazing a difference a day can make.

On Friday, Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders made it very clear he felt recent missing persons probes could have been handled better and asked for a review to search for improvements.

Clearly, Toronto Police heard him and were not waiting for results of an internal investigation because they were all over missing persons cases both in the field and on social media.
Perhaps out of all the anger this week stemming from the troublesome Tess Richey murder case will espouse a dedicated missing persons bureau to handle the 4,000 cases a year.

However, what can come out of this mess are better ways of handling missing persons in Toronto.

Chief Saunders has promised that. On Saturday, Toronto Police seemed to be already delivering on that promise.

[FONT=&amp]Caryn Lieberman‏Verified account @caryn_lieberman 2m2 minutes agoMore

[/FONT]
DQtHxU_WsAInur5.jpg:large
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]@TorontoPolice request assistance identifying THIS man as part of the Tess #Richey murder investigation.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Caryn Lieberman‏Verified account @caryn_lieberman 2m2 minutes agoMore

[/FONT]
DQtHxU_WsAInur5.jpg:large
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]@TorontoPolice request assistance identifying THIS man as part of the Tess #Richey murder investigation.

[/FONT]

I just came to post these. Thanks matou!

I hope someone recognizes him.. perhaps the people accosted by the alleged fake uber driver may also come forward? Wishful thinking.

As much as I think (and police believe) that this man is a suspect in Tess' death.: I don't think he is involved in the other disappearances. Who knows tho.. this could go anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/39831
attachment.php

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/toront...in-connection-to-tess-richey-murder-1.3715321
Police released photos on Sunday of a man they’re looking to identify as part of the investigation. He is described as a slim, white male with dark hair, a dark jacket and light-coloured pants.

He can be seen holding an object wrapped in tinfoil and appears to be walking with a shorter person who is also holding something.

Richey’s body was found near a construction site three days after she disappeared by her mother, who had come down from North Bay to look for her.

Police held a news conference Friday to say they do not believe Richey’s death is in any way related to the disappearances of several men from the area in recent years.
rbbm.

Attachments

• NR.39831.1512918960.jpg
    NR.39831.1512918960.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 503
Wow, those are good images. Hopefully there will be an arrest today.

Finally they decided to release the images! And they are quite better quality than I had thought they would be... I'm wondering what the theory was from TPS about waiting a few days to release the images.

Friends or family members of this individual might recognize him, and ultimately encourage him to get a lawyer and turn himself in.

This is a bizarre case. So senseless and sickening. ANY case like this is, but it seems as though they had just met that night, they were strangers to each other. What could have motivated him to need or want to kill her? It doesn't even sound like it was sexually motivated. She was found with all of her belongings, and all of her clothes in tact.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98
Back