GUILTY Canada - Tess Richey, 22, Toronto, 25 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
on another note - how could NOBODY have seen this taking place? Does nobody walk by there at 4am? Isn't the neighbourhood bustling with people leaving and walking home from the Villiage? Not even a tiny bit?
Did Tess scream? Was there a struggle? How did she manage to get into the alley? Did he drag her there? Or was she NOT spooked by him, and maybe went with him to that alleyway in that construction site to be 'alone' with him? I'm JUST SPECULATING, of course, but trying to think of all probabilities of HOW she ended up there, basically in PLAIN sight, with nobody else, seeing or hearing ANYTHING.

Or was she dumped there?
I'll also add that all the bars have last call at 2.. so while at 4am there's still people out.. It's probably not bustling..

I head into Toronto for work everyday for 3am and I see 1 or 2 people in the Village..

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Of note-
Another individual was just reported missing about a 5 minute walk from where Tess was found. It was quick this time ( they had a press release out ~20 hrs after she was last seen- corner of church and isabella). Makes me wonder if something specific happened that led to the report.

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/39847

Of note-
Another individual was just reported missing about a 5 minute walk from where Tess was found. It was quick this time ( they had a press release out ~20 hrs after she was last seen- corner of church and isabella). Makes me wonder if something specific happened that led to the report.

In most circumstances, TPS will put a missing persons report out once someone comes to them with concerns. We know this isn't always the case, Alloura Wells is a prime example. However, TPS is under so much scrutiny at the moment, I can only assume that's why this report came out so quickly.

I can only hope that they are actually investigating, not just putting out the MP report and wiping their hands clean.

Of note-

Started thread.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?359155-Elizabeth-Johnson-38-Toronto-11-December-2017&p=13809525#post13809525
[h=2]Elizabeth Johnson, 38, Toronto, 11 December 2017[/h]

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/tess-richey-investigation-1.4443883
Time 'not on the side' of police in Tess Richey case, former homicide detective says

On Sunday, police released image of man last seen with Richey before she disappeared

By Andrea Janus, CBC News Posted: Dec 12, 2017
Last week, Mark Mendelson, a former homicide detective with Toronto police who currently works as a private investigator and consultant, said anytime a missing person investigation turns into a murder probe, it "creates more work" for police and forces them to retrace their steps.

Witnesses must be re-interviewed, video from security cameras must be collected and viewed, and information from the victim's cellphone will have to be analyzed.

"These are all steps that would normally be taken during the course of a homicide investigation, not necessarily at the front end of a missing person investigation," Mendelson told CBC Toronto.

"It just creates more work."
"It all involves the circumstances surrounding the disappearance, and there are a number of questions that need to be asked and answered in order to determine the priority that it's going to receive."
These questions include:

• Has the person gone missing before?
  • Is such behaviour out of character?
  • Is the person dealing with mental health issues?
  • Does the person take medication that they don't have in their possession?
  • Is the person engaged in a high-risk lifestyle?
  • Did something precipitate the person going missing, such as an argument or domestic incident?
"There are a whole bunch of factors that need to be taken into consideration when one decides how involved in the initial stages the police are going to be," Mendelson said.
"As a homicide investigator it's a little difficult to backtrack, to go from a missing person to a found missing person who happens to be deceased," he said.

"Because your crime scene has been tainted in many ways, and obviously it takes on a whole higher level of investigative practice because it is a homicide."

The key now, he said, is to catch up with the man who was caught on surveillance footage with Richey before she died.

"He's absolutely a person of interest," Mendelson said. "And now they have to find him."

Thank you, this is very useful to me.

My main questions are:
-What constitutes a "vulnerable" missing person?
-What constitutes the suspicion of foul play?
-If someone is deemed a vulnerable missing person, shouldn't that put the police on high alert considering they are more at risk of violence/foul play?
-And finally, what is going on in police hiring standards, that so many insensitive and/or bigoted individuals are passing initial screenings?

These are the things I've been pondering, and I hope are answered through the internal investigation.

my fear is that this suspect is aware TPS is on to him, and he's offed himself. :(

The poi seems too bold to do something like that imo, can imagine that with the cold and snow, he might be hiding in plain sight under a hat and scarf.
Wondering if he is recognizable to people living outside of Toronto, perhaps he has frequented other Drag bars elsewhere?
imo, speculation.

This pics were very clear. Someone has got to have come forth with a name by now. Maybe LE just isn't telling us.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This pics were very clear. Someone has got to have come forth with a name by now. Maybe LE just isn't telling us.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Unless this person was an 'unwelcome' drunken person when Tess and her friend where either a)walking to this 'house' that the man and woman where at, or just randomly walking up to this house and striking conversation, you mean to tell me that NOBODY knows his name? Tess' friend doesn't know his name? Did any of them add him on FB? Someone has to know SOMETHING and I only say this because there were previous interactions with other people while this suspect was hanging with them. I'm sorry, but if I don't know your name, and you are trying to hang with me - you shouldn't be hanging with me.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...-strained-tess-richey-alloura-wells-1.4444255
[h=1]Police say relations with Church-Wellesley 'strained' not 'broken' in wake of deaths, disappearances[/h]
[h=3]Police spokesperson says force takes missing persons cases seriously, but there's work to be done[/h] By Muriel Draaisma, CBC News Posted: Dec 12, 2017
Toronto police say its relationship with Church and Wellesley is "strained" after two recent deaths and a string of disappearances in the downtown neighbourhood but insists it is not "broken."

Const. Danielle Bottineau, LGBTQ Liaison Officer for Toronto Police Service, acknowledged that many residents of the city's gay village have lost confidence in the police due its handling the cases of Alloura Wells, 27, and Tess Richey, 22.
"I think it's strained for sure. But we're going to continue to move forward and build that bridge with the community. I've always said that we have a lot of work to do," Bottineau told Metro Morning on Tuesday.
const-danielle-bottineau.jpg
Const. Danielle Bottineau, Toronto police's LGBTQ liaison officer, says, 'I think we should have had probably more of an open ear to the families, knowing that their loved ones had gone missing and that it was out of character for them.' (CBC)

"Unfortunately, the recent happenings within the community haven't helped matters, and how perhaps they have been dealt with by our service hasn't helped with the relationship. But it's definitely strained. I don't believe it's been broken."
"I think we should have had probably more of an open ear to the families, knowing that their loved ones had gone missing and that it was out of character for them. And we perhaps should have listened to that," she said.
As a result of the criticism, Bottineau said the force has assigned four additional neighbourhood officers to patrol the area.

The memorial for Wells is set to run from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Sanctuary, 25 Charles St. E., near Yonge and Bloor Streets.
rbbm.

...Did any of them add him on FB? Someone has to know SOMETHING...

Not that I know any better than anyone else, but I don't think this was a meeting of friends and making friends where people would be adding one another to social media - or even bothering to learn names really. Late at night after the bar these sort of meetings happen and are not abnormal. I do agree that someone (not necessarily anyone that was there that night) must know and that he must be well aware by now!

Not that I know any better than anyone else, but I don't think this was a meeting of friends and making friends where people would be adding one another to social media - or even bothering to learn names really. Late at night after the bar these sort of meetings happen and are not abnormal. I do agree that someone (not necessarily anyone that was there that night) must know and that he must be well aware by now!

agree fully. i've had so many interactions like that on/ after a night out in Toronto. you never get these people's names.

I swear I saw this guy tonight around 7:30 at the Shoppers on Ave/Lawrence. Same clothes, build, hairline. It was dark out so I didn't see which car he got into in the parking lot and I was distracted talking on the phone to my husband.

It's also possible this wasn't him and he just has a common/generic look.

I can't believe no one know who he is. Those images are so clear.

I swear I saw this guy tonight around 7:30 at the Shoppers on Ave/Lawrence. Same clothes, build, hairline. It was dark out so I didn't see which car he got into in the parking lot and I was distracted talking on the phone to my husband.

Please report it.

DEFINITELY report it so that the Police can look at any security camera imagery that may be available from Shopper's!!!!

I'm new (Hi!) and hopefully this isn't a violation of anything here, but I came across this thread tonight- sounds like someone spotted an individual matching the POI's description and called it in. I'd also love to ask and further reply to a comment further back in regards to a Google conversation between a James Birch and Richey about 2 years ago (December 2015) Linked -- the individual, whose display picture is just named "James.filename" with no additional image information (haven't scoured for geo info) mentions not knowing Richey "formally" and follows/has an additional Google+ profile of Richey's in his circles... The image, while I'm not sure if it's real or this dude or whatever- could potentially also match the surveillance images? They're too blurry to be certain but those were my thoughts. Also worthy to note this individual tried to contact Richey several times by way of public images, and made this profile maybe a week before contacting her? I'm possibly reaching, but I got weird vibes reading through it all.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 4.27.25 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 4.27.25 AM.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 342

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads