GUILTY Canada - Tess Richey, 22, Toronto, 25 Nov 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not that I know any better than anyone else, but I don't think this was a meeting of friends and making friends where people would be adding one another to social media - or even bothering to learn names really. Late at night after the bar these sort of meetings happen and are not abnormal. I do agree that someone (not necessarily anyone that was there that night) must know and that he must be well aware by now!

No doubt you're right, but it's discouraging to think that if Tess and her friend, didn't know this guy's name, and he 'tagged along' as 'unwanted company', and you STILL don't know this person's name at this point, yet, you're found on CCTV (voluntarily?) walking into a stairwell with him?

That's quite bothersome. I'm gonna guess he told Tess his name, but nobody else remembers or wasn't told. JUST SPECULATION.

I'm new (Hi!) and hopefully this isn't a violation of anything here, but I came across this thread tonight- sounds like someone spotted an individual matching the POI's description and called it in. I'd also love to ask and further reply to a comment further back in regards to a Google conversation between a James Birch and Richey about 2 years ago (December 2015) Linked -- the individual, whose display picture is just named "James.filename" with no additional image information (haven't scoured for geo info) mentions not knowing Richey "formally" and follows/has an additional Google+ profile of Richey's in his circles... The image, while I'm not sure if it's real or this dude or whatever- could potentially also match the surveillance images? They're too blurry to be certain but those were my thoughts. Also worthy to note this individual tried to contact Richey several times by way of public images, and made this profile maybe a week before contacting her? I'm possibly reaching, but I got weird vibes reading through it all.
attachment.php

As for the Google + account, I mentioned this earlier on in this thread and felt it was of huge importance. I hope if TPS is reading this, that they have looked into it. I Googled his name, tried to search on FB for this 'James Birch' but couldn't find anything that I thought matched the Google + profile. You just never know. Strange people can stalk others for long periods of time. It was dismissed as "this happened several years ago I doubt its of any importance" - IMO it wasn't that long ago. A few years. But still.....

No doubt you're right, but it's discouraging to think that if Tess and her friend, didn't know this guy's name, and he 'tagged along' as 'unwanted company', and you STILL don't know this person's name at this point, yet, you're found on CCTV (voluntarily?) walking into a stairwell with him?

That's quite bothersome. I'm gonna guess he told Tess his name, but nobody else remembers or wasn't told. JUST SPECULATION.
Yeah I would think she at least knew his first name. Her friend may have been too drunk to remember.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm new (Hi!) and hopefully this isn't a violation of anything here, but I came across this thread tonight- sounds like someone spotted an individual matching the POI's description and called it in. I'd also love to ask and further reply to a comment further back in regards to a Google conversation between a James Birch and Richey about 2 years ago (December 2015) Linked -- the individual, whose display picture is just named "James.filename" with no additional image information (haven't scoured for geo info) mentions not knowing Richey "formally" and follows/has an additional Google+ profile of Richey's in his circles... The image, while I'm not sure if it's real or this dude or whatever- could potentially also match the surveillance images? They're too blurry to be certain but those were my thoughts. Also worthy to note this individual tried to contact Richey several times by way of public images, and made this profile maybe a week before contacting her? I'm possibly reaching, but I got weird vibes reading through it all.
attachment.php

Welcome to Ws Flicker !
:welcome:

attachment.php

I did a reverse image search on the guy's picture and found this guy, who has a different name and seems like he's Ottawa based: https://twitter.com/MKutney

I think whoever this was on Google + just stole a picture from a popular social media account.

I did a reverse image search on the guy's picture and found this guy, who has a different name and seems like he's Ottawa based: https://twitter.com/MKutney

I think whoever this was on Google + just stole a picture from a popular social media account.
Welcome to Ws LushGerbil!

Thinking you might be right about the "borrowed" pic.the person of interest (poi) shown in cctv images, looks more "weenyish", thinner and hair/sideburns unkempt, compared to google guy's " polished " look.
imo, speculation.

Welcome to Ws LushGerbil!

Thinking you might be right about the "borrowed" pic.the person of interest (poi) shown in cctv images, looks more "weenyish", thinner and hair/sideburns unkempt, compared to google guy's " polished " look.
imo, speculation.

HaHa
I agree with you

I swear I saw this guy tonight around 7:30 at the Shoppers on Ave/Lawrence. Same clothes, build, hairline. It was dark out so I didn't see which car he got into in the parking lot and I was distracted talking on the phone to my husband.

It's also possible this wasn't him and he just has a common/generic look.

I can't believe no one know who he is. Those images are so clear.

I hope you reported this!

I called this morning.

Of course two of the extensions listed on the TPS release did not work.

I called this morning.

Of course two of the extensions listed on the TPS release did not work.
Try this:

[FONT=&amp]​Toronto Police OPS‏Verified account @TPSOperations Dec 11More[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Replying to @theonlyvarina @TorontoPolice[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Please check the number. The extension -7405 was never given out.If you wish to speak to an officer about the investigation you may call:416 808-7400 extensions 7-7415, 7-7407 and 7-7287.^dh
[/FONT]

I don't want to make any comments or assumptions about Tess or why she followed this guy into a stairwell, but in my younger years I had plenty interactions of this type on/ after a night out, and yes, with strangers whose names I didn't quite remember. The problem isn't that Tess or her friend Ryley didn't get his name (and maybe Tess did), the problem is that he might have murdered her. Let's focus on that as what's discouraging here. I'm sad that someone who was very trusting (Tess) crossed paths with a monster. I am shaken up by this story because that could have been me.

I'm not 100% sure of why we assume he was unwanted company if Tess did follow him - certainly a random but I'm not getting any info from what we know about him being unwelcome (it seems they chatted for a long while?). Let me be frank. Maybe they were going to have sex, maybe they were going to smoke a joint - who knows. There is nothing wrong with either of these possibilities, what's wrong was the murder.

I don't want to make any comments or assumptions about Tess or why she followed this guy into a stairwell, but in my younger years I had plenty interactions of this type on/ after a night out, and yes, with strangers whose names I didn't quite remember. The problem isn't that Tess or her friend Ryley didn't get his name (and maybe Tess did), the problem is that he might have murdered her. Let's focus on that as what's discouraging here. I'm sad that someone who was very trusting (Tess) crossed paths with a monster. I am shaken up by this story because that could have been me.

I'm not 100% sure of why we assume he was unwanted company if Tess did follow him - certainly a random but I'm not getting any info from what we know about him being unwelcome (it seems they chatted for a long while?). Let me be frank. Maybe they were going to have sex, maybe they were going to smoke a joint - who knows. There is nothing wrong with either of these possibilities, what's wrong was the murder.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

With all due respect, in no way am I discounting the fact that Tess was murdered. It could have been ANY of us. I am just trying to imagine, as many of us are, HOW she ended up there with this strange man, and I'm hoping he isn't out there trying to do this to other women. All of this is and has been just speculation.

Someone out there HAS to know SOMETHING!

attachment.php

Update in Church St. Cases

By Ron Fanfair, Toronto Police Service
Published: 2:36 p.m. December 8, 2017

Investigators updated the media on four separate cases linked to the Church St. Gay Village noting there is no evidence to link the cases but appealing to the public for more information.

http://tpsnews.ca/stories/2017/12/update-church-st-cases/

It seems several people have gone missing from this area in 2017.

Attachments

• IMG_9317.jpg
    IMG_9317.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 334
With all due respect, in no way am I discounting the fact that Tess was murdered. It could have been ANY of us. I am just trying to imagine, as many of us are, HOW she ended up there with this strange man, and I'm hoping he isn't out there trying to do this to other women. All of this is and has been just speculation.

Someone out there HAS to know SOMETHING!

I've posted a tweet earlier in this thread of someone saying they encountered him and he tried to get her and her friends to go somewhere with him after a night at Crews. She has called Crime Stoppers. Swears it's the same guy. So yes maybe he is out there trying to do this even still to other women.

I guess I don't understand why it's a mystery or "discouraging" to you that she went with him. She obviously was expecting something different and trusted him not to be a murderer. -

I've posted a tweet earlier in this thread of someone saying they encountered him and he tried to get her and her friends to go somewhere with him after a night at Crews. She has called Crime Stoppers. Swears it's the same guy. So yes maybe he is out there trying to do this even still to other women.

I guess I don't understand why it's a mystery or "discouraging" to you that she went with him. She obviously was expecting something different and trusted him not to be a murderer. -

The fact that he is trying to do this to other women as you've stated above, and it's not working is discouraging. Yeah, different women have different tastes in men, but the fact that this person who called Crime Stoppers found him "WEIRD", I can only assume that other people would find him weird too. Yes, I read that tweet too.

The fact that he is trying to do this to other women as you've stated above, and it's not working is discouraging. Yeah, different women have different tastes in men, but the fact that this person who called Crime Stoppers found him "WEIRD", I can only assume that other people would find him weird too. Yes, I read that tweet too.
Some people are more hyper-vigilant than others. It's not a good or bad thing, just different.
We can't necessarily assume that all people will interpret someone's (this guy's) behaviour the same way.

Good grief, almost an epidemic of missing young pretty gals from the area. Hoping these recent tips provide the community the answers they need to grab this .

Some people are more hyper-vigilant than others. It's not a good or bad thing, just different.
We can't necessarily assume that all people will interpret someone's (this guy's) behaviour the same way.

Alcohol can blind your judgement. No blaming here, but they they were partying, drinking, late at night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone
Back